Photo

Sex clubs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

Do we have sex clubs like the ones described in this article about Toronto's scene in Victoria?

They're apparently legal, according to Supreme Court of Canada rulings, but I don't recall hearing of any here.

A swinging way to keep the tourists coming

LISAN JUTRAS

July 26, 2008

When American tourists rhapsodize about Toronto, the same adjectives come up over and over. Toronto: so safe, so clean, so... sexy? "I come to Toronto as often as possible," gushes Diane from Texas. "It's just a great city. I went for dinner, I went to museums, I went to the CN Tower..."

After a full day of sightseeing, though, Diane, a brunette in the mold of an older Natalie Wood, set out to do what she came to Toronto for. "I went to Club Hers and they were having a blast," she says.

"I went to Wicked and there were lots of pretty people there." Diane (who declined to give her real name) is into "the lifestyle," and Toronto is her sexual playground. "I try to get here once every other month," she says.

The Greater Toronto Area is now home to at least a dozen establishments that describe themselves variously as "swingers' clubs," "hedonists' clubs" and "lifestyle clubs," and which are increasingly drawing clients from afar. "I've been getting a lot of compliments from people coming from Florida, from California, from New York," says Shlomo Benzion, co-owner, with his wife, Aurora Benzion, of Queen West hedonists' club Wicked. "It's becoming a destination," adds Ms. Benzion. "The people you meet, it's their third time, and they're going to come again."

Ménage à Quatre, a new lifestyle club, has just opened in Etobicoke, bringing the total number of such establishments in the GTA to at least 12. The sex clubs have been proliferating since 2005, when a Supreme Court decision rewrote the definition of indecency, ruling that clubs that offer group sex and partner-swapping are legal because they cause society no harm.

Since then, the Canadian sex-tourism trade has flourished, particularly in the GTA. "There's a buzz around Toronto," says Diane. (Article continues here...)

When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#2 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

:o
First I've ever heard of these!

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

We have Sagacity, and while there is no penetration allowed at their events held at public venues, there is full nudity (I've been to one - as a guest of the hosts, as it was then held in the hotel where my business is - and that was easily the most naked people I have seen at once), and you can make arrangements to go up to a hotel room with people you meet there. They also do an annual trip to a privately owned island cabin, and the rules there are less restrictive and I assume group sex happens there.

http://www.sagacitygroup.net/

#4 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

Been around in Montreal for many many years and something to suit every taste no mater how kinky.
Do they keep the lights on in T.O?

#5 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

There was a story in Monday this week about Sagacity winding down operations.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#6 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

There was a story in Monday this week about Sagacity winding down operations.

Yup
http://mondaymag.com...eeling-whipped/
I think the Pirate Adventure is no longer as well.

#7 Pyroteknik

Pyroteknik
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

There is a gay sex club in Victoria with saunas, hot tubs and showers and a bar?.. it's been around for ages. I think they do straight nights now too. I've never been there myself so I don't know anything about it other than it has existed for a long while, longer than the twelve years I've been here.

#8 KublaKhan

KublaKhan
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

I've heard that all the best sex clubs are in Uplands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users