Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Astoria | 20-storeys | Built - completed in 2006

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 condoman

condoman
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

New to the site, live downtown and am very familiar with the buildings. Looking for as much information as you guys have on this building.
I know the basics, location, builder, looking for lots of info and if possible the starting prices or a pricelist, if anyone out there has them.

Is there a previous link to the Astoria?

Also, what are your guys thoughts on the vacation rental aspect of this building?

thanks

C

#2 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

Vacation rentals vary from building to building according to the rules made by the strata council. Some permit a few of the units to be rented, some 25%, some unlimited and some none at all.

#3 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

There are some reviews of units in Astoria written by vacationers over at TripAdvisor.com.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

New to the site, live downtown and am very familiar with the buildings. Looking for as much information as you guys have on this building.
I know the basics, location, builder, looking for lots of info and if possible the starting prices or a pricelist, if anyone out there has them.

Is there a previous link to the Astoria?

Also, what are your guys thoughts on the vacation rental aspect of this building?

thanks

C

mls.ca should find you some prices.

#5 condoman

condoman
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

I have all the resale prices, I'm looking for the prices people got in at.

What are everyone's thoughts on this building? like or hate the design? the look? the prices?

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Condoman, are you a realtor or involved in the development industry in some way?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 condoman

condoman
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

Condoman, are you a realtor or involved in the development industry in some way?

No to both those questions. I currently rent out a condo downtown and was thinking about selling it to buy something in the Astoria to either rent out of do the vacation rental thing. I love the area and the look of the building, that's why I'm trying to get as much information as I can. Hopefully someone on here lives in the building can spill some dirt for me,

C

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

I recall that the prices were actually quite reasonable. Units started at $135,000, if you can believe it.

The dentist in the base of Astoria, Dr. Cliff Leachman, also lives in the building. You may want to speak with him if he has a few minutes to spare (or book a dental appointment and you can have an hour of his time ;)).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

I prefer the design of Belvedere to Astoria, just my 2 cents.

#10 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

Oscar in downtown Vancouver:

#11 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:25 AM

I bet that's another Concert tower

#12 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

that one looks a lot nicer, not just because it's bigger.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

Yup, Concert reuses designs for their towers. Keeps costs down.

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users