Victoria companies that could go BIG

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

I mean companies like AbeBooks (before they sold out to Amazon). That would be companies like:
- Viberg (workboots)
- Greggs (custom furniture)
- Sarpino's (pizza/pasta)
- Carmanah (alternative energy)
- Lighthouse, Phillips, Vancouver Island Brewery (umm... beer?)

Splashes & Landsdowne Appliances haven't been wiped out by Trail yet, so maybe they could make it beyond Victoria also. I don't know why Splashes doesn't move their store to a bigger building though, so they don't have to store their stock in an outdoor yard across the street. That doesn't make any sense at all. What are some other ones?

#2 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

Splashes is owned by Andrew Sheret Ltd with about 20-25 locations around BC so they aren't going anywhere.

Andrew Sheret is building a new store in the Western Communities right now and I am not sure if Splashes will be part of that building.

#3 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 08 October 2020 - 08:45 PM

I mean companies like AbeBooks (before they sold out to Amazon). That would be companies like:
- Viberg (workboots)
- Greggs (custom furniture)
- Sarpino's (pizza/pasta)
- Carmanah (alternative energy)
- Lighthouse, Phillips, Vancouver Island Brewery (umm... beer?)

Splashes & Landsdowne Appliances haven't been wiped out by Trail yet, so maybe they could make it beyond Victoria also. I don't know why Splashes doesn't move their store to a bigger building though, so they don't have to store their stock in an outdoor yard across the street. That doesn't make any sense at all. What are some other ones?

Actually, good call amor - as look what opened up in the former Cookie Guy location on Blanshard beside the Italian Deli:

Attached Images

• 1A0F744A-C99C-4DDA-970B-A795E39001B7.jpeg

• Matt R. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users