Photo

Plastic bag bans/regulation/charges

• Please log in to reply
2049 replies to this topic

#481 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

I use the same Thrifty's bags shown in the photo on the previous page. I've never washed them! They seem fine to me and we're never ill.

We have so many reusable bags that we received free now cluttering up the basement, I think I threw some away already.

#482 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

But when you don't have a car...

When you do have a car, the plastic ones are great because the grocery bag hooks in the trunk are positioned perfectly. 

The reusable bags just flop all over the place spilling its contents. 

• Nparker and todd like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#483 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

I'm just going to have to starve to death.

• sebberry likes this

#484 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Have the local oceans run out of your food supply?

#485 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

Briefly considered it, however it likely will result in more trips to the drive thru for dinner in a paper bag.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#486 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Have the local oceans run out of your food supply?

I catch other sea creatures with plastic bags.

• Nparker likes this

#487 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

Briefly considered it, however it likely will result in more trips to the drive thru for dinner in a paper bag.

I ask for plastic otherwise drive straight thru.

#488 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

I catch other sea creatures with plastic bags.

So it's really in your best interest that bags continue to make their way into our local waters.

#savethebagsfortodd

• todd likes this

#489 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Was at SaveOn at Fort and Foul Bay tonight. I deliberately left my reusable bag in the car and paid the $.05 for a 1 time use plastic bag that I will use quite a few times.... I couldn’t help it, it was the rebel in me!
  • VicHockeyFan, Nparker, todd and 2 others like this

#490 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

Was at SaveOn at Fort and Foul Bay tonight. I deliberately left my reusable bag in the car and paid the $.05 for a 1 time use plastic bag that I will use quite a few times.... I couldn’t help it, it was the rebel in me!

If you triple bag those bags after you get them they will last for days.

• rjag likes this

#491 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:09 PM

I ask for plastic bags almost every time I go into a store now - even when I have my reusable bags with me. I am saving them up for a midnight trek to the Dallas Road waterfront this summer.

• VicHockeyFan, rjag and mbjj like this

#492 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

I ask for plastic bags almost every time I go into a store now - even when I have my reusable bags with me. I am saving them up for a midnight trek to the Dallas Road waterfront this summer.

Thanks!

#493 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,017 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

Country grocer gives you a five cent credit per reusable bag brought in. I try to remember to bring 3-4 bags in, even though I only need 1-2 and bag my own. Always save the nickel per half full bag. Score!

Matt.
  • rjag and lanforod like this

#494 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Country grocer gives you a five cent credit per reusable bag brought in. I try to remember to bring 3-4 bags in, even though I only need 1-2 and bag my own. Always save the nickel per half full bag. Score!

Matt.

And thats the way to encourage customers to recycle. 

• rmpeers likes this

#495 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

I am currently hoarding plastic bags so i don't need to go out and BUY them for many tasks. Such as: having a plastic bag with which to recycle other plastic bags, properly packaging dirty laundry, dirty shoes in the back of the car, poop bags, transporting fresh fish, cleaning up other peoples trash whilst walkin on the beach, keeping my linens dry while camping, keeping my flowers alive while taking to my girlfriends, keeping my paint brushes wet in between painting, wrapping envasive species, freezing individual burritos for camping trips,  etc.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.21.58 PM.png

• Nparker and JanionGuy like this

#496 exc911ence

exc911ence
  • 757 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

Funny that they'd want to ban the plastic bags but not all of the plastic-wrapped food products that go inside of them.  :confused:

#497 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

Just remind her that cyclists often use disposable plastic bags as seat covers in the rain and she'll probably reverse course, right?

News to me.  Maybe one in 2,000 cyclists?

#498 Daveyboy

Daveyboy
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Wow, this is a sad state of affairs.  Anything we can do to help?  (For example I know a plumber that charges reasonable rates)

I am currently hoarding plastic bags so i don't need to go out and BUY..........poop bags,

#499 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

Wow, this is a sad state of affairs.  Anything we can do to help?  (For example I know a plumber that charges reasonable rates)

for the dirty diapers, silly!

#500 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:31 AM

Ha, hilarious responses! When we're in the middle of a painting job and don't want to wash the brushes every day, we freeze them in a plastic bag. :-)

Edited by mbjj, 16 January 2018 - 08:31 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users