Photo

Plastic bag bans/regulation/charges

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#521 Nparker

Nparker
  • 17,063 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Don't forget, the customer pays for everything - bags, chill charges, etc. ..

True, but other business expenses are built into the "sticker price" and not added on top -  nor forced on the business by the whims of one municipality.

• Midnightly and Star Dust like this

#522 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 21 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

True, but other business expenses are built into the "sticker price" and not added on top -  nor forced on the business by the whims of one municipality.

Exactly........The business expense should ALWAYS be built into the sticker price. Never added on at the till as an additional charge. It's simply BAD BUSINESS to do it that way.

• Nparker likes this

#523 Nparker

Nparker
  • 17,063 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

I just made an impromptu shopping trip to London Drugs. For an additional 5 cents I was able to carry home my purchases in the rain in a "single use" plastic bag. In a few months time, under the same circumstances LD will lose out on a $46 sale. 

• mbjj likes this

#524 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 21 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:11 PM

I just made an impromptu shopping trip to London Drugs. For an additional 5 cents I was able to carry home my purchases in the rain in a "single use" plastic bag. In a few months time, under the same circumstances LD will lose out on a $46 sale. 

I sense sarcasm when you say "Single Use Plastic Bag?"

• Nparker and todd like this

#525 mbjj

mbjj
  • 585 posts

Posted Today, 09:13 AM

As I think I mentioned, I bought a robe there last week that was not a planned purchase. And it was raining.

• Nparker likes this

#526 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,174 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Today, 09:39 AM

As I think I mentioned, I bought a robe there last week that was not a planned purchase. And it was raining.

If you bought a shower curtain with the robe, you wouldn't have to worry about the rain.

• rjag likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#527 rjag

rjag
  • 3,160 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted Today, 11:09 AM

If you bought a shower curtain with the robe, you wouldn't have to worry about the rain.

Better yet, each business will create a co-op where every regular customer buys in to share a batch of bags and therefore when you go shopping you are being provided with something that you own.....therefore no transaction at the till. The store charges an annual storage fee of approx $0.02 per bag. So every year you go in and 'renew' your membership for $20 and you are entitled to 100 bags.

• Nparker and Love the rock like this

#528 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 257 posts

Posted Today, 02:15 PM

I think we should get a batch of single use bags with such sayings.

It’s from under my sink I’ll use it again .

I knew I saved it for a reason.

I recycle all used plastic bags .

Hands of my bag Lisa .

Keep your bicycle away from my bag ,you bag .

Cody for Mayor
  • VicHockeyFan, Nparker, rjag and 1 other like this

#529 Nparker

Nparker
  • 17,063 posts

Posted Today, 02:49 PM

Presumably, London Drugs will still supply their "wet umbrella bags" at the entrance to the store.

Large_Wet_Umbrella_Bags.jpg

If they are there after July 1st, you know where I'll be getting my "single use bags" when shopping. Sure they're an awkward size, but if you use enough of them you could carry quite a bit.

• Love the rock and mbjj like this

#530 mbjj

mbjj
  • 585 posts

Posted Today, 04:12 PM

Our shower is glassed in so we don't need a plastic curtain, lol.

I think I took one of those umbrella bags once to use for my umbrella when I take it to work.

#531 Nparker

Nparker
  • 17,063 posts

Posted Today, 04:31 PM

...I think I took one of those umbrella bags once to use for my umbrella when I take it to work.

Not that I want them on Lisa & Co.'s hit list but the umbrella bags are the very definition of "single use", but by all means, ban grocery bags, 'cuz you know, "the environment".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cats4Hire, Mike K.