Photo

All Candidates Meetings - Should we organize some?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

Cool, thanks for the link

Bernard

#22 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

I notice City Hall has removed the pdf (one of the most annoying things about their website is the tendency to do this!) If anyone finds out where it went, please link it again! I couldn't find it.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#23 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

?Confused? Did you mean the one that Ginger Snap linked to, or another one?
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#24 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

Um ok... I'm confused. Thanks Ms B!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#25 Joseph

Joseph
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

I'm sorry that this apparently fell through, and that I wasn't there to support it earlier.

If there's still interest for some casual all-candidates meetings, I may be able to providesome space. I think it's a wonderful idea.

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

I'm sorry that this apparently fell through, and that I wasn't there to support it earlier.

If there's still interest for some casual all-candidates meetings, I may be able to providesome space. I think it's a wonderful idea.

I think everyone looked at that list and it seemed adequate.

#27 Joseph

Joseph
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

It is adequate, especially compared to the limited number of truly all-candidate federal events. I would still like to see more casual/alternative functions in areas drawing a different demographic. If anyone has ideas for this I'd love to collaborate.

#28 Concerned Citizens

Concerned Citizens
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:03 AM

CCC

I just wanted to acknowledge all the good hard work Joseph Boutilier has been doing organizing our new ALL COUNCILLORS CANDIDATES' MEETING this Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 7 pm at Saint Andrew's Gymnasium on Pandora Avenue near Vancouver Street in Victoria.

It will be one of the last opportunities the public will really have to hear from and question the Victoria City Councillor Candidates, many of whom feel that the usual all candidates' meeting formats do not allow us adequate time to get our messages out to the public.

The venue is the same used for a highly contentious meeting held in the spring after parents, neighbours and Concerned Citizens gathered to discuss what to do about impending secret plans by VIHA and the City to place a needle dispensary (and a likely so-called 'supervised injection site') in the new Our Place facility nearby.

Parents of Saint Andrew's Preschool Elementary, the Conservatory of Music and Christ Church Preschool and Elementary brought a petition to City Council to request new zoning which would prevent such placement near schoolyards and parks. Council did nothing.

This should be a hot meeting, if for no other reason than that the parents and neighbours feel betrayed by the Council, and the incumbents have a lot to answer for.

New Councillor Candidates will have to position themselves on this issue at this meeting, which is free, open to the public, and will be impartially moderated.

For more information about the meeting, please go to the Concerned Citizens' Coalition Weblog, found here:

http://gregoryhartne...dora-vancouver/

- Gregory Hartnell, Concerned Citizens' Coalition President
Victoria City Councillor Candidate

CCC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users