• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Has anyone noticed the construction going on with the old white and green house at the corner of Fort and Pandora/Oak Bay?

For the longest time I have been looking out at the white/green house and the brown one and thinking "what an eyesore".

They cleared out a section of land, built a foundation and moved the white and green house over one spot onto that new foundation, and now appear to be giving it a complete renovation.

I know someone who used to live in that house and said it was well past its prime and needed to be torn down.

It looks like the owner is spending lots of money on this project vs. tearing it down and building new. Anyone know if it will just stay a residential house? Any history on the place?

Before:

So far:

#2 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

I've driven by a few times and to me it looks like a standard condo redevelopment. They raised the house, replaced the foundation and put in a new lower floor. Pretty tell-tail sign it will be a multi-unit condo complex.

#3 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

A guy in the stereo repair shop on the corner told me the house was to be suited and tha a smll townhouse development was going in behind it (where it was before moving) and also to the south. Apparently the developer owns one or two adjacent houses going up the hill.

#4 mat

mat
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

Wonderful pics, and information on the building (condos?). The thread has been moved to a more appropriate area on the website which discusses Victoria Core development.

Cheers

#5 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:07 PM

I think they should have turned it into a haunted house :P

#6 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

Update:

And here's a little teaser :P

#7 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

cool thx

#8 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

heh "THE TURRET" pretty serious name. Shame the house doesn't really have much of a turret though. Also "ultra deluxe"! I guess since mid-range is now called "luxury" by everyone we're going to keep having to invent more and more high sounding names for high end units.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hey now....

... isn't that a job better handled by a Spyder-Hoe?

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

I wonder if they will be doing anything with the brown house behind it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users