Photo

Famous people from or currently live in Victoria (CRD)

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#361 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:06 PM

But now E! News reports the pair are “hoping” to spend some of the summer in L.A., Markle’s hometown, with speculation mounting that the move is being pursued so that she can possibly get back in to acting. Markle made her name on the TV series Suits, where she starred for a number of seasons from 2011 to 2017, before marrying Harry.

https://nationalpost...an-agent-in-l-a

#362 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:32 PM

Pamela Anderson and Jon Peters are calling it quits after just 12 days of marriage.
"I have been moved by the warm reception to Jon's and my union," Anderson, 52, said in a statement to CNN. "We would be very grateful for your support as we take some time apart to re-evaluate what we want from life and from one another."

https://www.ctvnews....dding-1.4794116

'beautiful amazing love fest'

'This whole marriage thing … has scared me,'

'Therefore, I think the best thing we can do is that I'm going to go away for a couple of days and maybe you need to go back up to Canada we did it. The world knows we did it and I think now we need to go our own separate ways. I hope that you can forgive me.'

........ https://www.dailymai...XT-MESSAGE.html

#363 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,870 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:14 AM

Jay Malinowski, front man for Bedouin Soundclash, author, visual artist, etc has relocated to Victoria, from the mainland.

I would expect to see him doing some solo shows at the bigger pub venues around town, he has a huge repertoire.

Matt.
  • Mike K. likes this

#364 Ammcdona

Ammcdona
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:21 PM

Does anyone have any other info about the Kellogg family having a place on SSI?  I just found out that my mom was a care taker for a family on Mt. Maxwell named the Kelloggs - I was actually born on the property.

#365 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,870 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:40 AM

My understanding is the estate is on the west side of Musgrave / Isabella Point, but I’m sceptical that it’s the same Kellogg’s family as the cereal company.

Matt.

#366 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

It’s great!
  • Lorenzo and Victoria Watcher like this

#367 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

No relation to the cereal empire apparently, however, the wife was the daughter of WWI ace Billy Bishop according to one source.

http://saltspringarc...ortStratton.pdf

#368 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,870 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

If you ask five different salt Springer’s you will get five different stories.

Matt.
  • todd likes this

#369 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:38 AM

She did not excel at suffering fools, hiding her disdain, and putting her car in reverse. 

Her lifelong hobbies included painting, quilting, baking, gardening, hiking and arson. Marilyn loved tea and toast. The one thing she loved more than tea and toast was reheated tea and toast. She reheated tea by simply turning on the burner often forgetting about it. She burned many a teapot and caused smoke damage countless times, leaving her kids with the impression that fanning the smoke alarm was a step in brewing tea.

While her sons committed unspeakable crimes against humanity, her granddaughters could do no wrong.

http://www.cobbsfune...RurJ1nLd6knUP98

• Rob Randall, AllseeingEye, todd and 2 others like this

#370 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:48 PM

^ “ and self-described Queen ***** ”
  • Matt R. likes this

#371 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:48 PM

^ That was auto censored you can’t even post that on VV
  • Matt R. likes this

#372 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:02 PM

What a brilliant obit, one of the best (if not the best) I've ever read.

• Love the rock and Victoria Watcher like this

#373 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:04 PM

What a brilliant obit, one of the best (if not the best) I've ever read.

it's actually pretty awesome because it goes hard and soft on her at the same time.  well-written.

• Spy Black likes this

#374 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:43 PM

Oh that was good. I’d sure like to be at that party, holy moly.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#375 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 04:55 AM

http://globalnews.ca...urst-vancouver/

Pam Anderson married again.

and has left social media for good.
  • todd likes this

#376 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:55 AM

Sounds like she's settled down on her Grandparents acreage for good.

Beautiful spot, right in town, and right on the beach.

The guy she married is a local Ladysmith carpenter, but I guess "bodyguard" sounds better.

Edited by Spy Black, 29 January 2021 - 10:55 AM.

#377 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:58 AM

The guy she married is a local Ladysmith carpenter

Shades of Larry Fortensky!

#378 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 03:39 PM

http://globalnews.ca...urst-vancouver/

Pam Anderson married again.

and has left social media for good.

I wish her the best.

#379 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:52 AM

Pamela Anderson has been accused of being a “home wrecker” after allegedly stealing her new man from another woman and breaking up a happy family of five.

The model and actress is accused of seducing handyman Dan Hayhurst — who she married on Christmas Eve — while he worked on her property in the Canadian town of Ladysmith and was in a relationship with another woman.

https://nypost.com/2...rts-furious-ex/

She claims he and Pam behave like teenagers, and said: “When he turned 40 last year she bought him a boat.

“He’s smashed her car three times now, and her boat twice. It’s a walking mess. They sit on their property drinking — it’s like the Dan and Pam show.”

“He texted his mum the night before the ceremony and he said, ‘I’m getting married tomorrow, keep this on the DL and don’t say anything’.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 January 2021 - 05:56 AM.

#380 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:58 AM

This is 2021, Pamela Anderson didn't make any sort of commitment to this woman, and blaming Anderson for anything in this situation is so 1950's. 

The details of the story note that Hayhurst has been living with Anderson (in her house) since June of 2020, so for a good half a year before getting hitched.

It also notes that Hayhurst began "staying overnight" with Anderson in March of 2020, so just short of a year before getting hitched to Anderson.

The rejected woman also makes clear that she never wanted to marry Hayhurst, in fact she never wanted to get married at all, to anybody ... as in "ever".

Sounds like things worked out perfectly for everybody then ... the woman who never wanted to get married isn't married, the guy who obviously did want to get married is now married, and Pamela Anderson is just Pamela Anderson.

I love a story with a happy ending!

(As for sitting on their property "drinking" ... isn't that what most of the rest of the world has been doing during the last 10 months of COVID as well?).

"Ladysmith girl marries Ladysmith guy" ... it's such a basic headline, it's amazing that it's even made it into the press.

• pontcanna and Victoria Watcher like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users