Tim Hortons in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#61 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

I found it. post #39 in this thread. It's something I never forgot after reading about it.
I think it was Super Size Me that did it for my kids. lol

Sorry, it was Super Size Me that did it for my boys......

Yes I did post here about the story of Tim's unfortunate demise, but I did not put anything on Wikipedia about it.

I still remember being 8 and getting a Tim Horton hockey card and reading the one line trivia on the back "Tim owns a chain of donut stores." 1973 the first time this BC boy heard of Tim Horton's

#62 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

yikes
http://www.fast-food...ns/?sort=sodium
The fat one is scary too.

I had no idea you could cram 95mg of sodium in a chocolate timbit.

#63 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:06 AM

^Wow, 13% sodium in a maple-filled doughnut?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#64 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

We could be here all day. lol

How about the ham and cheese on Swiss?
27g fat and 1540g sodium

Or how about a low fat muffin with 700mg sodium.
Why clog an artery when you can harden them instead?:D

#65 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

I wonder if anyone else here has gone to the Juliet Tim's and been completely ignored. I went in a few months ago (just after they opened) and had to practically jump up and down to get someone to wait on me. Then last night I went in again and the exact same thing happened, only not to me but to the guy in front of us. He stood there for awhile and finally started waving his arms around saying, "HELLO?!?!?" before anyone served him with four employees standing close to him. Then it took them about five minutes to just pour our coffee.

It just amazes me how that company stays in business because it seems they refuse to hire anyone with a triple-digit IQ.
In chains by Keynes

#66 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Just saw Michael Moores "Capitalism - A Love Story". It'll cost you the equivalent of a few boxes of Tim Bits - but its better food.

#67 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

I wonder if anyone else here has gone to the Juliet Tim's and been completely ignored. I went in a few months ago (just after they opened) and had to practically jump up and down to get someone to wait on me. Then last night I went in again and the exact same thing happened, only not to me but to the guy in front of us. He stood there for awhile and finally started waving his arms around saying, "HELLO?!?!?" before anyone served him with four employees standing close to him. Then it took them about five minutes to just pour our coffee.

It just amazes me how that company stays in business because it seems they refuse to hire anyone with a triple-digit IQ.

Well I personally wouldn't degrade myself to step into a Timmy's let alone expect service.

#68 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

Sue, I read an interview with Moore years ago that Monday Magazine published and his hubris turned me off ever seeing any of his movies.

Speaking of hubris, thanks for your input Martini. :rolleyes:
In chains by Keynes

#69 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:02 PM

Just saw Michael Moores "Capitalism - A Love Story". It'll cost you the equivalent of a few boxes of Tim Bits - but its better food.

The only way I'll see a Moore movie is by paying for another movie playing in the same cinema, then going to the wrong theatre.

The guy's films have grossed over $300M and then he goes and makes a movie about the lousy capitalist system.

#70 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

The only way I'll see a Moore movie is by paying for another movie playing in the same cinema, then going to the wrong theatre.

The guy's films have grossed over $300M and then he goes and makes a movie about the lousy capitalist system.

Funny, I was just thinking that, too (that Moore is hypocritical).
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#71 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

Making money because people attend showings of your documentarieas -and the greed at play in the corporate world are not the same things. Like him or leave him, I think Moore does do a good job of using humour (and his trademark petulance) to expose the mortgage foreclosure situation and the major bank bail-outs.

I still think you would enjoy.

#72 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

I'd still much prefer to have a TH egg salad sandwich over a greasy slice of pizza.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#73 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

Tim Hortons strikes gold at Fort Knox
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:00am EDT

Coffee and baked goods chain opens at iconic military base;
Continues U.S. expansion momentum

http://www.reuters.c...009 PRN20091013

DUBLIN, OH, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Tim Hortons Inc. (NYSE: THI, TSX:
THI), one of North America's largest quick service restaurant chains, today
announced it has opened a restaurant at Fort Knox, the iconic U.S. army
facility in Kentucky. The opening broadens Tim Hortons' long-established
connection with military personnel, and continues the company's expansion in
the U.S. market.

[...]

#74 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

Clever! I can see that their long range plans are coming to fruition.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrUm0KY8dJA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrUm0KY8dJA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#75 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:07 AM

They're up against the very popular Dunkin' Donuts chain, which is the Tim Horton's of the US (minus the variety of food offerings). TH will do well in the US, I'm sure.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#76 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

...and that's about it. To bad they quit making the garlic toast to go with it.

#77 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

As mentioned in the Closed, defunct, old restaurants you knew and loved thread, Tim Horton's on McKenzie at Borden has closed and believed to have been moved to the Esso station at McKenzie at Quadra.

Know it all.

#78 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

There's a new location at Hillside and Blanshard next to the liquor store.

#79 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

I saw the Tim Horton's sign at the Esso gas station at the corner of Quadra and McKenzie tonight, but there is not much room inside for anything but a dispenser.

#80 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

^ Maybe the donuts just come out of one of the pumps? Couldn't taste much worse...

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users