Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Caledonia townhomes | Built - completed in August 2009

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

What is the new building being build a block up from the police HQ beside the royal athletic parking lot? Lots like 2 townhouses facing each other, but the lot looks WAY too small. Very thin 3 stories i think they have up so far. No signage, as if they were not forsale.

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:35 AM

yup 8 townhouses in two rows. They are market homes, however I bet they may wait a few months to put them on the market.

#3 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

No idea if its by the same developer / architect, but there is a recently completed project at the corner of Esquimalt & Lampson with a very similar layout.
http://www.realtor.c...pertyId=7749972

#4 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the info, i walk by it everyday, so I was wondering. You wouldnt want to own a car bigger than a Civic or you couldnt turn around in there. Looks only about 5 or 7 meters accross the driveway.

#5 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

Can you move this to the Core thread? This is in North Park.

Thanks!

#6 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

Done!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#7 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

If you look at the description of Downtown on the main forum page you will see that North Park was and is rightly part of DOWNTOWN.

#8 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

Next you'll be telling me that Church Row is downtown. Or the arena. Or the Bay.

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

Taken today:

">

It's two building side by side like that, with the driveway up the middle. The parking lot you see is the RAP lot, which is also a police dept. staff parking lot. That's why that parking lot has long had surveillance cameras. The shrubbery along Caledonia was removed a year or two ago, I think.

#10 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

These appear to be quite decent, 3-level townhouses, each with its own garage. I am not sure about the asking price though, since they are starting in $450,000 range, which I think is a bit steep for the neighbourhood. If they were marketed at $399,999, I bet they would sell very quickly.

#11 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

What a deal, only 450K to step over disgarded needles and be afraid to let the toddlers play outside after dark. If that doesn't say that Victoria is overpriced, I don't know what does.

#12 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Please. North Park may be urban but it is a far cry from the junkie fest it was 5 years ago. This is a great neighbourhood for kids.

Not sure I know of many places you would let toddlers play outside after dark...
If you mean kids than I can't think why not, what would happen to them? I mean are kids beaten up and robbed more in North Park than in Colwood?

#13 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

What are you talking about G-Man? My toddler goes for walks late at night, in North Park all the time! That's if I don't let her take the car.

The colours are terrible imo.

#14 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

The colours are terrible imo.

I think since that these buildings are meant to have a vaguely Arts & Crafts style, the earthy colour palette makes sense. If you could see the rest of the coulours used you might feel differently gumgum. I actually like the bold red shade mixed with the otherwise subdued putty colours. It makes for far more interesting looking buildings than another narrow-lotted, 3-level townhouse development up the block on Caledonia. That one, built in the early 1990s is covered in the most garish pink stucco. Say what you want about the bold colour choices made on this project, but it is head and shoulders above all those horrible pastel stucco boxes built 15 - 20 years ago.

#15 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Yeah I think in person the colours work.

#16 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Please. North Park may be urban but it is a far cry from the junkie fest it was 5 years ago. This is a great neighbourhood for kids.

Not sure I know of many places you would let toddlers play outside after dark...
If you mean kids than I can't think why not, what would happen to them? I mean are kids beaten up and robbed more in North Park than in Colwood?

I remember meeting some of the management from Townline at the Hudson a year ago. We litterly watched a junkie walk past us, go across the street and buy his drugs. We were both like deer in the headlights.

For that I get to pay 450k for a townhouse??? OVERPRICED!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

Well it's Victoria, everything is overpriced unless you compare Victoria to Vancouver. They need to get rid of that surface parking lot.

#18 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

I think since that these buildings are meant to have a vaguely Arts & Crafts style, the earthy colour palette makes sense. If you could see the rest of the coulours used you might feel differently gumgum. I actually like the bold red shade mixed with the otherwise subdued putty colours. It makes for far more interesting looking buildings than another narrow-lotted, 3-level townhouse development up the block on Caledonia. That one, built in the early 1990s is covered in the most garish pink stucco. Say what you want about the bold colour choices made on this project, but it is head and shoulders above all those horrible pastel stucco boxes built 15 - 20 years ago.

I've seen it in person, and still meh. But I'm pretty sure these will still be painted over. You put on the Hardie product and then you paint over it and the nail that applies it. It's likely it'll be the same colour, but there's a chance it might be shade more to my liking. The base colour of the Hardie is just meant for it to be easier to paint it a similar colour once applied. ...or so I've been told.

Shouldn't this thread be in the core section and not d/t?

#19 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:22 PM

There was a vote many years ago and it decided that North Park is downtown, sorry you missed it.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,558 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

What's the status with this project?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users