Photo

Sustainability Framework

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

People may have noticed that down at the bottom of the forums is a youth area focused on the new Victoria City Sustainability Framework. The framework is an over arching set of principles that will guide the city in it's policy making and planning over years to come. As part of their engagement strategy, the city has put these principles up on Vibrant Victoria, for youth between 13-24 to criticize and offer suggestions.

This is one of those rare moments where young people have a chance to have their ideas directly sewn into City planning. But it will only be up for a couple of weeks. I read these statements and I have so much to say about them - both critical and helpful. But sadly, I am in my mid thirties and therefore not eligible for comments. Any VVers who are in that age bracket and able to contribute to the framework, I encourage you to do it! The areas of the framework that generate the most discussion will most likely be taken more seriously. The more voices that pitch in from the youth (who, after all, are the ones who will have to live with the results), the more teeth this will likely end up having.

So go for it!

http://vibrantvictoria.ca/youth
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#2 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:32 PM

For those of us above the 24 year old (or below it if you prefer this form of engagement) their is also an extensive survey up on the City site.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users