[Langford] South Skirt Mountain | 2,800 homes | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#101 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

The debate on urban sprawl has been moved to this thread. Please continue that discussion in the new thread :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#102 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

The South Skirt Mountain developers should THANK me and VIC FAN for saving their investors millions of dollars. Imagine if they'd sunk a wad of cash into starting the project, and THEN found out Bear Mountain was bankrupt and left them the whole $30 million bill for the interchange?

You're welcome, boys! ;)

Today's Gazoo:

Coutre and Young noted the delay caused by the [VIC FAN] petition would have likely happened anyway due to the recession and the change of ownership at Bear Mountain.

It could still be a long time coming before the South Skirt development breaks ground. The restrictive covenant on the properties prohibits construction or land preparation until the interchange is open to traffic, and Langford has no start date to continue that project.

The south Skirt Mountain landowners are on the hook for most of the interchange and are currently paying interest on the loan carried by Langford used to build the existing bridge and approach ramps.

#103 Maverick

Maverick
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

You are so far out of the loop and in right field all alone,you have know idea what is going on.

#104 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

^ I respectfully disagree. I believe that Zoe could quote almost every publicly known activity and by whom on this project. That's coming from someone that has never met her. To be politically correct, she would be positioned in left field...and not alone.

#105 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

Are you sure. LJ? Because that's not what Mr. Coutre says.

Yes I am. You're just a convenient excuse, if the economy hadn't tanked this project would be finished by now.

It will be finished in the future, when I couldn't say for sure, but would guess in less than 5 years. Maybe much less.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#106 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

almost every publicly known activity

Thanks Sparky. But I think the point those two are making is that they know things we don't - private things - because both of them have a stake or a contract in the project (or hope to, soon) and they think they know what the plan is. It's being put together right now, behind closed doors.

But unfortunately for them, the little people are everywhere, all eyes and ears and busy little mouths. That's where most of my info comes from - I get anonymous emails and private-number phone calls from people who won't give names. Insiders with troubled consciences. Most of the tips eventually turn out to be accurate. Some of the biggest still haven't been substantiated, but I'm confident it will all come out before too long.

These guys sound cocky now, but wait a while. Not all the chips have fallen.

#107 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

I just saw this A News broadcast from yesterday - it's a good in-depth piece of reporting. Meribeth Burton interviews South Skirt Mountain spokesdude Ron Coutre about the future of South Skirt Mountain and how he wants to buy pieces of Bear Mountain. She also gets some analysis on HSBC's move to foreclose on Len Barrie's 15,000 square foot mansion and his other properties.

News clip on Youtube

#108 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:37 AM

Thanks Sparky. But I think the point those two are making is that they know things we don't - private things - because both of them have a stake or a contract in the project (or hope to, soon) and they think they know what the plan is. It's being put together right now, behind closed doors.

But unfortunately for them, the little people are everywhere, all eyes and ears and busy little mouths. That's where most of my info comes from - I get anonymous emails and private-number phone calls from people who won't give names. Insiders with troubled consciences. Most of the tips eventually turn out to be accurate. Some of the biggest still haven't been substantiated, but I'm confident it will all come out before too long.

These guys sound cocky now, but wait a while. Not all the chips have fallen.

Wow, No wonder everyone is in awe of your in depth reporting and hang on your every word. Tips from people who wont give their names & insiders with troubled consciences.

Your credibility has taken a hit in the courts, in the press and every time you breathlessly regurgitate court documents that any 12 year old can find on line. Give it a rest. Or better yet go to the Housing Bubbble debate on this forum and see what well thought out research and discussion is really about.

#109 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

Would someone please explain the meaning of "substantiate" and "credibility" to this anonymous troll? :rolleyes: For the record: the court upheld my credibility, right to bring the case, motives, residency, and standing – all of which Langford tried to attack and failed.

#110 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

You continue to rush to your computer to provide links to everyones else's Court Judgements when they are handed down but you tellingly did not do that when the Judgement was handed down in your case. Care to provide us a link so that we can judge the facts of your case and not just have to listen to excuses?

#111 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

I only have a hard copy. Could someone explain to this anonymous troll how to look up and download court judgments?

#112 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

I think I speak for the majority when I say that this back and forth session has gone far enough.

There is a private messaging function available to registered visitors. This conversation is more suited for that form of communication.

Let's return this thread to order. Future off topic posts will be moderated.

Thank you.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#113 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

So, South Skirt Mountain developers apparently want to buy parts of Bear Mountain, if the price is right, and if they can find enough lenders to cover the $30 million bill for the interchange. I posted a bit of analysis about that over on the Bear Mountain insolvency thread.

#114 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

So, South Skirt Mountain developers apparently want to buy parts of Bear Mountain, if the price is right, and if they can find enough lenders to cover the $30 million bill for the interchange. I posted a bit of analysis about that over on the Bear Mountain insolvency thread.

I may have to revise my estimate of a interchange completion date downward siginificantly!!:D
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#115 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

Looking south towards the new overpass.

ahhh boony bashing....the good old days.

looking towards Mill Hill.

Looking towards Victoria.

The road to Bear Mountain.

Looking down at Amy Parkdale or now the Langford parkway.

Looking over to Sooke Lk Rd.

#116 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

^ Thanks for the pics. The Sysco building is Huuuuggge.

#117 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

I guess it's time to upgrade the project status from "Proposed" to "Stalled."

South Skirt development plan on hold
By Keith Norbury, Times Colonist
November 27, 2010

"At the very earliest we wouldn't expect that we would have product on the market for about 18 months," said developer Ron Coutre, spokesman for South Skirt Mountain.
A lot of infrastructure work has to be done before the development can go ahead. Not the least of those is completion of the Spencer Road interchange, which Coutre estimates will take nine or 10 months once work resumes.

Just as critical are the construction of extensions to Bear Mountain Parkway and Echo Valley Drive, which will link with those roads in the Bear Mountain development. Coutre said his group is just beginning meetings with Bear Mountain's new owners about the agreement the two developers had to build those roads.

#118 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

If they are still doing infrastructure work then it is not stalled. Also we generally wait for there to be inactivity on the site for a good length of time or an official announcement from the company.

#119 Zoe

Zoe
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

There is no infrastructure work going on. Nothing has happened at the site since June 2009. If you're looking for an announcement, I'd say it's right there in the T-C.

Not the least of those is completion of the Spencer Road interchange, which Coutre estimates will take nine or 10 months once work resumes.

#120 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

Skirt Mountain as seen from the South with the Goldstream quarry and the future Bear Mountain parkway visible near the top.

Goldstream quarry on the side of Skirt Mountain opposite of Langford parkway at TCH.

Langford Parkway at TCH.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users