Victoria driving, automobile, auto dealership and related news

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#101 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

That is an unfortunate turn of events. Oh well...

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#102 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Love the Art Deco style Building hope they aren't allowed to alter it or tear it down

#103 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Love the Art Deco style Building hope they aren't allowed to alter it or tear it down

They just put on a new roof, so they aren't tearing the building down.

#104 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

The new Audi lot is up and running on Cook St. where the BMW dealership used to be. The renovations are only temporary, however. Audi is scouting around to buy a permanant plot of land for their lot to replace their current leased premises.

Interesting that it's under new ownership. I had heard that they were having some difficulties.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#105 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Can anyone remind me when the Porsche dealer is supposed to move back to Douglas?  I'm curious to know what might become of that building at Blanshard and Caledonia.  Could it become a restaurant again?  Back in the late 70's it was a "Donut Maid", then JC's Overtime Restaurant for many years, after that there was a very short-lived upper-scale restaurant too.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#106 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

Can anyone remind me when the Porsche dealer is supposed to move back to Douglas?  I'm curious to know what might become of that building at Blanshard and Caledonia.  Could it become a restaurant again?  Back in the late 70's it was a "Donut Maid", then JC's Overtime Restaurant for many years, after that there was a very short-lived upper-scale restaurant too.

Didn't the Courtnalls own something there at one time?

#107 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

Didn't the Courtnalls own something there at one time?

Ya, I think JCs was a partnership between John Cantin and them.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#108 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

Can anyone remind me when the Porsche dealer is supposed to move back to Douglas? I'm curious to know what might become of that building at Blanshard and Caledonia. Could it become a restaurant again? Back in the late 70's it was a "Donut Maid", then JC's Overtime Restaurant for many years, after that there was a very short-lived upper-scale restaurant too.

Looks like in the next few weeks

#109 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

OK, now the Caledonia/Blanshard lot is a "temporary Volkswagon pre-owned car lot" complete with new signage.  I guess it'll be temporary for a while.

#110 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

When they did the conversion to show suite for The Radius pre Porsche site all the goodies were ripped out so it would be very expensive to put it back in for a food use there.

Eric Bramble - http://www.29erradio.com
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#111 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

Victoria Mitsubishi at 761 Cloverdale is apparently moving to Oak St. Same owner for all the car businesses.

#112 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

^yes its the old United Floors building.  Its owned by the Carson family

• Mr_E_Squirrel likes this

#113 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:37 AM

It looks as though the dealership at the NW corner of Douglas and Queens is closing, when I walked by the other day at least half the cars had been moved. 

1144.png

#114 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

Is that the Budget Car lot? Would be really interesting to see someone try to put condos further up Douglas there.

#115 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:54 AM

Is that the Budget Car lot? Would be really interesting to see someone try to put condos further up Douglas there.

No, it's north of the Budget lot.  Timmis/Ina.

#116 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

Haven't heard the Timmis name for a while. Are they still building "new" 1934 Fords?

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#117 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

We are hearing the former Toyota dealership by Mayfair Mall on Finlayson St (behind Denny's) will be redeveloped into condos, with retail below. 

One of the rumored retail tenants will be Red Barn Market!!

https://www.facebook...439299666217562

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#118 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

^This may be irrational but I really hope they keep that Japanese pagoda. There's nothing like it. Now that all the cars and banners are down I'm hoping one of you shutterbugs can capture it for posterity.

#119 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

METRO

IMG_6511.jpg

• Mike K. and D.L. like this

#120 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

I've always liked this building. Would love to see an Asian supermarket like TNT move in here. Or another Fujiya location!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users