Victoria driving, automobile, auto dealership and related news

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

#141 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

Excited to see Tesla moving in to town!

Related note....If Audi is moving from Cook and Yates....maybe there is a development planned for that site???????

#142 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

Yup, that's very possible. We saw how Volvo disappeared and in its place The Mondrian sprung up.

I created a separate thread for Tesla in Victoria at: http://vibrantvictor...rs-of-victoria/

• Mr Cook Street likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#143 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:33 AM

The Demolition of the West Marine Building the Farmer construction building and the Victoria Taxi Building have begun.

H L Demolition & Waste Management Ltd

is the contracted company for this phase

#144 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

The Demolition of the West Marine Building the Farmer construction building and the Victoria Taxi Building have begun....

Perhaps I have forgotten, but has it been announced if anything is being built on this site once cleared?

1.JPG

This bit of ugliness IS part of the demolition - right?

2.JPG

#145 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

Yes

#146 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

Any answer to my first question HB?

#147 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

Yes you are correct that those are the building be demo. they are working on asbestos removal currently

#148 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:10 AM

Demolition of the West Bay Marine building on Douglas Street has begun. An Audi dealership will be built on the property.

Audi-dealership-Victoria-April-16-2016a.jpg

Audi-dealership-Victoria-April-16-2016b.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#149 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:18 AM

^West Marine :)

I didn't know the countertop place was going too.

Is this a second Audi dealership or are they closing the one at Cook?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#150 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

Demolition of the West Bay Marine building on Douglas Street has begun. An Audi dealership will be built on the property.

What a wasted potential for the land. I'm not saying they're gonna pave paradise, but they are literally going to put up a parking lot. Just what Douglas Street needs, another car dealership. Any further news if this means we'll see any of the Harris Green dealerships departing to compensate?

1.JPG

#151 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:46 AM

Is this a second Audi dealership or are they closing the one at Cook?

Yes, that location will close.

@NParker, so there's a little bit of good news here. Hopefully another dealership doesn't take over the Cook/Yates Audi dealership.

Know it all.

#152 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

I don't know, car dealerships have to go somewhere.  And it's not as simple of just having two in the showroom, you need a decent inventory.   I don't know how you could hate the Jaguar dealership, that's a cool building.

I've always said we should have an Auto Mall here though.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#153 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:35 AM

... Hopefully another dealership doesn't take over the Cook/Yates Audi dealership.

From your words to an insightful developer's ears!

#154 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

I've said 100 times that folks should stop thinking Douglas will be a residential corridor. Great that Audi is moving and i hope that means something substantial will go in on that property.
  • jonny likes this

#155 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

The existing buildings had minimal setbacks so I still have my fingers crossed that they'll build a more urban-format dealership without a ton of surface parking along the entire length of the Douglas frontage.

• Nparker likes this

#156 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

The existing buildings had minimal setbacks so I still have my fingers crossed that they'll build a more urban-format dealership without a ton of surface parking along the entire length of the Douglas frontage.

It would be interesting to see a Victoria auto dealership think a bit outside the box; something more akin to this:

Capture1.JPG

than this:

Capture2.JPG

• sebberry likes this

#157 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:01 AM

West Marine is Gone

• Nparker likes this

#158 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

West Marine is Gone 

File_000.jpeg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#159 LJ

LJ
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Can we rate dealerships based on our dealings with them here or is that too "in your face" sort of thing?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#160 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

Why not. Let's give it a go.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users