Photo

CTV - local, BC and national TV

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#61 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

I think if he still wants to work in the industry we won't be out of work for long.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Hudson returned to CHEK.

I can guarantee that Hudson Mack will never work at CHEK again. He apparently spoke quite openly about his desire for their demise and his particularly noxious brand of poisoned work environment wouldn't go over so well at CHEK (or anywhere, I imagine).

#62 larrobb

larrobb
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Noticed yesterday that Erin Glazier has moved to CHEK, though i don't know exactly when this happened.

#63 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

That's got to be a very recent move.

CTV isn't planning on shutting down second tier stations, is it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#64 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

This is Hudson Mack of CTV news. What in the world is happening here? (Photo posted to I Heart DT Facebook page).

attachicon.gifHudson Mack Deez Nuts.jpg

Who is Artie?

#65 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Artie Choke? He's the new newscast director at CTV ;)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#66 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

This is major news as far as the local media industry is concerned. We should be paying attention to CHEK for info. They won't hold back with details I don't think.

I wonder, could those photos of him at that wrestling event have had some part in this? I highly, highly doubt it, but you never know.

I doubt it was the pictures. More likely, Hudson said something to the extent of "hey, I've been here for 10 years now, look at all the credibility and awards I brought you, I'd like a raise", and the response from management was not what he expected.

(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#67 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

An article in the TC noted that Mack retired before his 54th birthday. His father died at the age of 54 and he realized that now is a good time for a change. He says he has other projects and opportunities he would like to explore.

Maybe he just got tired of being a small time newscaster without much hope of moving up in the newscaster world?

#68 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

But why the 'sudden' good-bye - you think he'd announce he's retiring and they'd have some hoopla for him, goodbye's on-air - etc. There has to be more to this. Sure hope it isn't medically-based, obviously.

• Mike K. likes this

#69 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Maybe he just got tired of being a small time newscaster without much hope of moving up in the newscaster world?

I never followed him over to A Channel when he left CHEK. 

I think "small time" is what it was. 

#70 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

But why the 'sudden' good-bye - you think he'd announce he's retiring and they'd have some hoopla for him, goodbye's on-air - etc. There has to be more to this. Sure hope it isn't medically-based, obviously.

There is much more to it and it has nothing to do with health. Let's just say there were "creative differences".

#71 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Mira is leaving sports, and moving to "lifestyle", including some new format the 5pm news takes in 2 weeks.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hudson Mack has turned up...

http://vimeo.com/106305417

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#73 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

^Weird that a video made by the public service designed to be viewed widely is on a platform that forbids embedding.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#74 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

Brilliant.

Know it all.

#75 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

TSUNAMI ALERT: A major tsunami will arrive shortly. Click here for more information (password required; registration is free and only takes a few minutes).

• LocalMom and Bingo like this
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#76 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

More cuts today in Victoria?

ujj.png

https://twitter.com/ShachiKurl

EDIT:   http://www.thestar.c...ing_market.html

#77 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:24 AM

there's layoffs at the airport? What does Bell have to do with that?
  • Nparker likes this
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#78 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

That's the hash tag for victoria on social media.

Know it all.

#79 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

I know, I'm just being pedantic.
Pet peeve of mine: CYYJ = Airport; YYJ= navigational device on Mt.Tuam (SaltSpring.)
  • Nparker likes this
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#80 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) says you are wrong:

City name     3-letter city code  

Victoria                  YYJ

Edited by tedward, 21 November 2014 - 10:30 AM.

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users