Photo

CTV - local, BC and national TV

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#101 LJ

LJ
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

I use that in the States when the gas pump asks me for my zip code. :)

If you are using an American credit card the zip has to match the billing address of the card.

In Oregon they don't have self serve so the operator just takes your card and punches in 00 for your zip.

In many areas now if you try to use a Canadian card they will reject it and tell you to go see the attendant.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#102 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

In many areas now if you try to use a Canadian card they will reject it and tell you to go see the attendant.

This happened to me a few weeks ago in Washington. Thought it may have been the dated pump I was using but perhaps it's a bigger trend. Ended up having to prepay an amount at the till inside.

#103 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

If you are using an American credit card the zip has to match the billing address of the card.

In Oregon they don't have self serve so the operator just takes your card and punches in 00 for your zip.

Yeah, that's been my experience. Frustrating to say the least.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#104 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

Anyone notice that the 5 o'clock news has been out of sync lately regarding audio/visual feeds? Very annoying! C'mon CTV...fix it!

#105 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

I'm surprised they still don't do HD!

#106 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

Anyone notice that the 5 o'clock news has been out of sync lately regarding audio/visual feeds? Very annoying! C'mon CTV...fix it!

Yes, tonight was awful.

#107 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Yes, tonight was awful.

It's that dang leap second adjustment again. :mad:

#108 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:39 AM

As Canada’s prime online destination for news, CTV News’ digital platforms inspire an abundance of debate and discussion on the biggest stories from around the world.

Millions of Canadians turn to CTV News every day for the latest in breaking news: whether it’s weighing in on a Parliament Hill exclusive from CTV’s Ottawa Bureau, watching exclusive footage from a CTV News crew, or sharing information on a recall notice that could affect their friends and family members.

A new era of online engagement begins today, as CTV will be closing user comments on CTVNews.ca and shifting online discussion to social media. Our method of engaging with our readers is changing, but our objective stays the same: to be the most trusted source for news, and to encourage informed, meaningful discussions with Canadians everywhere.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#109 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:35 AM

Canada AM is ending.  That's amazing.

http://news.national...sons-on-the-air

For now they'll just simulcast the CTV News Channel on the national network.  Lame.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#110 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:45 AM

That's too bad.

Canada AM had nothing too hard hitting or controversial but it was comfort food and consistently well rated.

#111 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

That's too bad.

Canada AM had nothing too hard hitting or controversial but it was comfort food and consistently well rated.

My feeling exactly.  Jeff Hutcheson is a real lightweight, but so be it.  I liked when Dan Mathseon was on it.  Golly, I did not know he got fired from CTV in December.  Well, he was just a news reader then, did not suit him all that well.

#112 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

You wake up in the morning and turn on Canada AM and happy people read happy news and do happy interviews. A low stress way to start your day.

I was in central Europe a few months back and woke up to RT and holly f&^K. I needed a triple expresso after 5 minutes of live video from the middle a riot in the Paris burbs. Want to watch someone actually get their foot blown off stepping on a landline then you only have to wait until the top or bottom of the hour.

I know which news format I prefer!

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#113 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

I guess it didn't bleed enough for the MSM?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#114 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

Hudson Mack tweeting earlier today when Chrissy Brett was still holding out..

And he's got a bunch of angry old man tweets - fun!

Check out his Twitter

Attached Images

• Hudson Mack   HudsonHMack    Twitter.png
  • Hudson Mack   HudsonHMack    Twitter(1).png
  • Hudson Mack   HudsonHMack    Twitter(2).png
  • Hudson Mack   HudsonHMack    Twitter(3).png

#115 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

He's opinionated. That's great.

Know it all.

#116 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:50 AM

Time for him to fade to black.

• Nparker likes this

#117 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

Cue the vague stories about the horrible Hudson Mack.

#118 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Have not been able to get CTV videos online to play for some time on all three of my PC computers. I just get the white background and no video. I'm using Windows 10, 7 and Vista. No other websites have this kind of problem. I can't seem to figure it out.

Any ideas or anyone having similar problems?
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#119 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

^And happens on: chrome, internet explorer, firefox, tor(all the browsers I have)

#120 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:40 PM

^And happens on: chrome, internet explorer, firefox, tor(all the browsers I have)

Have you made a $250 donation to Bell Media?  That might grease wheels a bit.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users