Photo

The high-tech thread

• Please log in to reply
749 replies to this topic

#641 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:49 AM

You’re still being so cryptic. What are you talking about, exactly?

Just more fear and theories..  It's common practice now since most others have been proven silly...

#642 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:51 AM

ChatGPT: make dasmo speak in plain language to Mike K. without running it through the AI filter first.

• Matt R. likes this

#643 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:51 AM

Just more fear and theories..  It's common practice now since most others have been proven silly...

No need for fear. If you fear the might of the ocean you wont go out to surf. You must respect it though and understand it. Otherwise you might drown. 

#644 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:52 AM

I'll let it tell you.

AI is poised to have a significant impact on the creative workforce, revolutionizing the way artists, designers, writers, and other creative professionals approach their work. While some may fear that AI will replace human creativity, the reality is that AI is more likely to augment and enhance the creative process rather than replace it entirely. Here are some key ways in which AI is expected to impact the creative workforce:

Automation and Efficiency: AI technologies can automate repetitive and mundane tasks, freeing up creative professionals to focus on higher-level creative thinking. For example, AI-powered tools can automate processes like image editing, data analysis, and content generation, allowing creatives to spend more time on ideation and innovation.

Inspiration and Idea Generation: AI algorithms can analyze vast amounts of data and generate novel ideas and concepts that can serve as inspiration for creative professionals. By analyzing patterns, trends, and user preferences, AI can provide valuable insights and suggestions that artists and designers can build upon to create unique and engaging content.

Personalization and Targeting: AI enables creatives to personalize their work and target specific audiences more effectively. AI algorithms can analyze user data and preferences to create tailored recommendations, advertisements, and user experiences. This level of personalization can help creative professionals deliver content that resonates with their target audience, leading to better engagement and success.

Content Creation and Curation: AI can assist in content creation by generating original pieces, enhancing existing content, or curating relevant content from a vast pool of resources. For example, AI can generate music, artwork, or even write stories based on predefined styles or parameters. This opens up new possibilities for experimentation and collaboration between human creators and AI-generated content.

Workflow Optimization and Collaboration: AI can optimize creative workflows by streamlining processes, organizing digital assets, and facilitating collaboration among team members. AI-powered project management tools can automate task assignments, provide real-time feedback, and assist in organizing and accessing creative assets, improving overall productivity and efficiency.

New Artistic Mediums and Experiences: AI has the potential to create entirely new artistic mediums and experiences. With advancements in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), AI can generate immersive and interactive environments, enabling artists and designers to explore new forms of expression and engagement.

Ethical Considerations and Challenges: The rise of AI in the creative workforce also brings ethical considerations and challenges. Questions related to copyright, ownership, and authorship arise when AI is involved in the creative process. Additionally, biases embedded in AI algorithms and potential job displacement should be addressed to ensure a fair and inclusive creative industry.

Overall, AI will reshape the creative workforce by automating tasks, providing inspiration, personalizing content, enhancing collaboration, and opening up new artistic possibilities. By embracing AI as a tool and leveraging its capabilities, creative professionals can amplify their creative output, improve efficiency, and deliver more engaging experiences to audiences worldwide.

This isn't plain enough?

#645 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:54 AM

I’m not understanding what dasmo did to save 58 months of work, in a 60 month job.

Right now, all I know about chatGPI, is it grabs information and treats it as sincere/true. Get chatGPI to create a biography on yourself, and it’ll make stuff up by bridging what it thinks are facts, into falsehoods.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#646 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:54 AM

In the realm of discussions and debates, logical reasoning and thoughtful analysis should be the guiding principles. However, some individuals resort to fallacious tactics to manipulate their opponents and strengthen their own position. One such individual, going by the name Ismo07, has gained notoriety for his frequent deployment of the straw man argument. In this article, we will explore the deceptive tactics employed by Ismo07 and the detrimental effects they can have on meaningful discourse.

Understanding the Straw Man Argument:
The straw man argument is a fallacy where a person distorts or misrepresents their opponent's position in order to make it easier to attack. Instead of engaging with the actual argument or ideas put forth, the person constructs a weaker or exaggerated version, akin to a straw man, and proceeds to dismantle it. This tactic serves to divert attention from the original argument, making it appear weaker than it actually is.

Ismo07's Utilization of the Straw Man Argument:
Ismo07 has gained a reputation for consistently resorting to the straw man argument in his discussions. Rather than engaging with the nuances of the opposing viewpoint, he crafts a distorted representation that is easier to attack. By focusing on this misrepresented position, he conveniently sidesteps the need to address the genuine concerns or counterarguments presented by his opponents.

The Detrimental Effects:
The utilization of the straw man argument by Ismo07 undermines the integrity of any meaningful discourse. Instead of fostering a healthy exchange of ideas, this fallacious tactic perpetuates misunderstandings, miscommunication, and the entrenchment of one's own beliefs. It becomes nearly impossible to reach a productive resolution or arrive at a mutually beneficial understanding when arguments are built upon misrepresented positions.

Fostering Constructive Dialogue:
To counteract the negative impact of the straw man argument, it is crucial to prioritize honest and fair discourse. Engaging with others' viewpoints requires active listening, understanding, and addressing their actual arguments rather than attacking a distorted representation. By focusing on the core ideas and engaging in respectful debate, fruitful discussions can take place, fostering intellectual growth and the potential for mutual understanding.

Conclusion:
The utilization of the straw man argument by Ismo07 reveals a disconcerting pattern of intellectual dishonesty in his approach to discussions and debates. Instead of engaging with opposing arguments in a meaningful and respectful manner, he resorts to misrepresentation and distortion to bolster his own position. Recognizing and challenging such fallacious tactics is crucial for promoting genuine dialogue and intellectual growth. By encouraging a more honest and constructive approach to discussions, we can strive to create a more informed and inclusive society.

#647 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:55 AM

Can’t the human in this conversation just tell us?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#648 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:55 AM

I’m not understanding what dasmo did to save 58 months of work, in a 60 month job.

Right now, all I know about chatGPI, is it grabs information and treats it as sincere/true. Get chatGPI to create a biography on yourself, and it’ll make stuff up by bridging what it thinks are facts, into falsehoods.

Cryptic is my style. 

#649 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:58 AM

Plus I'm too afraid of some of the extremists on this site to dox myself. 

You are right. It will give an authoritative answer even if it is wrong. That is why you always ask it if it is true. A few times if it matters. Then ask it to give references for you to check. 

#650 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,928 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:58 AM

Who’s to say he’s human?

Seriously though, the copyright stuff here might be interesting. AI takes the work of others but it might not be clear where it got it from, or if it’s any different from me “drawing inspiration from” another poem for my writing.

#651 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:59 AM

Great artists steal. This is the way.... 

#652 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,928 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:01 AM

True. And now 40 years later we still do not know who stole from who - Huey Lewis or Ray Parker Junior.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 May 2023 - 09:03 AM.

#653 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:01 AM

Anyway, laugh at the big yellow steel statue as you dig your holes with sticks all you want....  :banana:

#654 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:08 AM

Not really, you need to be looking at incorporating these tools. It’s like what the computer did for say architecture. It didn’t kill the architect but we no longer see rows and rows of draftsmen.

Not but the computer vastly reduced the number of draftsmen we needed. Sounds like in your application AI will reduce the number of architects needed if you can do 60 months work in 2 that means you need 1/30th as many architects.

#655 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:14 AM

Not but the computer vastly reduced the number of draftsmen we needed. Sounds like in your application AI will reduce the number of architects needed if you can do 60 months work in 2 that means you need 1/30th as many architects.

Yes, OR it will increase the scope and complexity and capacity of what can be accomplished. I don’t know. But the tidal wave is coming straight for me. I have to look at it.

#656 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,928 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:21 AM

Nobody is screaming louder right now than writers. I’ve engaged a few, asked them why not get AI to do the first draft, then you edit it up all you want. They scream bloody murder at that suggestion.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 May 2023 - 09:22 AM.

#657 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:37 AM

Ask them if they use a computer with spell check? The tidal wave is heading straight for them. They either drown or write in 1/1000 the time it took them before.

#658 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:38 AM

Turn your book into a movie script format and make a perfect pitch to sell the movie rights. Make the movie yourself….

#659 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:43 AM

Weren’t 3D printers supposed to revolutionize the world, like ten years ago? I remember nerds setting up print shops so the public could rent time on a machine, because it was the next big/greatest thing.

Know it all.

#660 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:52 AM

Weren’t 3D printers supposed to revolutionize the world, like ten years ago? I remember nerds setting up print shops so the public could rent time on a machine, because it was the next big/greatest thing.

For prototyping and one off component printing it is.

• Matt R. and dasmo like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users