BUILT
Turnberry
Use: subdivision
Address: Champions Court at Bear Mountain Parkway
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Turnberry is a two phase, 51 home subdivision at the Bear Mountain development in the municipality of Langford... (view full profile)
Learn more about Turnberry on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford + Highlands] Bear Mountain | 4,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
2175 replies to this topic

#1941 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

Which is essentially what I said above. To wit - "the lifestyle is probably ideal for them" quote unquote. So your point was...what, exactly?

No real point -  I just reiterated your point of view. A little defensive are we?

#1942 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:06 AM

Photos from March 20th

Attached Images

• IMG_1034.JPG
  • IMG_1036.JPG
  • IMG_1038.JPG
  • IMG_1040.JPG
  • IMG_1042.JPG
  • IMG_1050.JPG

• 2F2R likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1943 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

Will all the new homes in this subdivision be in a "west coast contemporary" style?

http://www.condopedi...st_Contemporary

#1944 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

Is Turnbberry sold out?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1945 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:12 PM

I was a bit taken aback on the talk show yesterday, in conversation with the President of Bear Mountain, when he proclaimed that as of May...next month... the Bear will have the highest green fees of any golf course in Canada. 

You don't normally hear somebody who's in  the business of selling goods or services boasting that he offers the highest price in the country.  But I suppose Mr Matthews isn't in the business of selling goods or services...he's in the business of selling prestige. 

Bear Mountain was built...were built...there are two full golf courses...for an upscale clientele.  There've been some hard times.

Matthews says when his company took over the resort, golf membership was fewer than 100...it has since more than quadrupled.   At one point a manager was asking me over coffee what they needed to do to get the word out that they wanted locals to play more often...that casual golfers shouldn't be afraid it's too country-club-expensive. 

It seems the Bear has done a 180. 

And it's not just the golf. Matthews says it's not uncommon for houses on the hill to sell for a million dollars plus. 

http://www.cfax1070....t-Thur-Apr-7-16

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1946 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

As I mentioned before the Mountain course will be the expensive, member, guests, show piece course and the Valley course will be the public course at a much reduced rate.

The Mountain course will get twice the maintenance attention that the Valley receives.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1947 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

As I mentioned before the Mountain course will be the expensive, member, guests, show piece course and the Valley course will be the public course at a much reduced rate.

The Mountain course will get twice the maintenance attention that the Valley receives.

The Valley course is the second most expensive course on the island. It's still ridiculous. Oh well, Highland Pacific and Olympic View are just as nice.

#1948 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

Announcement today about the new road connection happening, all the various stakeholders came to an agreement.

The overpass to nowhere will now go somewhere.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#1949 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:05 PM

The Valley course is the second most expensive course on the island. It's still ridiculous. Oh well, Highland Pacific and Olympic View are just as nice.

Well HP is $72 on weekends, cart extra and BM Valley course is $75 including a cart so I would say it is quite competitive.

#1950 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

Forget the highway link, Bear Mountain will be getting a gondola!

Gondola planned between Mt. Finlayson and Langford's Bear Mountain development

http://victoria.citi...in-development/

Langford's Bear Mountain Resort has revealed plans to construct a gondola between the development’s commercial core and the top of nearby Mt. Finlayson, a popular hiking and mountain biking destination for south Island residents.

Although plans are still several years out, developer Ecoasis hopes to provide access to the popular natural landmark for individuals with all levels of physical abilities. Additional information regarding the gondola and its operations will be revealed at a future date. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1951 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

As long as they don't add a zipline component, and compromise years of planning for mine.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1952 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

Forget the highway link, Bear Mountain will be getting a gondola!

Gondola planned between Mt. Finlayson and Langford's Bear Mountain development

http://victoria.citi...in-development/

Langford's Bear Mountain Resort has revealed plans to construct a gondola between the development’s commercial core and the top of nearby Mt. Finlayson, a popular hiking and mountain biking destination for south Island residents.

Although plans are still several years out, developer Ecoasis hopes to provide access to the popular natural landmark for individuals with all levels of physical abilities. Additional information regarding the gondola and its operations will be revealed at a future date. [Full article]

Then maybe they can make the existing climb one-way only, like the Grouse Grind.

#1953 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:53 AM

Squamish got a gondola in 2014:     http://www.straight....nch-new-ferrata

#1954 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

With Leigh Road going through they are planning on an additional 5300 houses to be built on the mountain, there is currently just over 1200.

• 2F2R likes this

#1955 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

Avalanche signs Tyson Barrie to four-year, $22 million deal, before arbitration ruling
The Avalanche defenseman was the NHL’s only player to go through arbitration hearing this year

http://www.denverpos...on-barrie-deal/

#1956 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

Well HP is $72 on weekends, cart extra and BM Valley course is $75 including a cart so I would say it is quite competitive.

You were looking at value season for BM, and peak for HP.  Value for HP is $52. There is a 2 week period where your rates quoted above would be the correct comparison, but that's it.

BM Valley is $99 for island residents currently, and 72 for HP. Both are expensive.

Cordova Bay is up there now too though, its getting nuts. Olympic View has regular specials, so easy to do it for under 60.

My golfing has cut way down due to costs. So be it...

#1957 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Photos from August 25th

Attached Images

• IMG_9223.JPG
  • IMG_9222.JPG
  • IMG_9229.JPG
  • IMG_9231.JPG
  • IMG_9232.JPG
  • IMG_9242.JPG
  • IMG_9239.JPG
  • IMG_9233.JPG
  • IMG_9234.JPG
  • IMG_9237.JPG

• 2F2R likes this

#1958 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:40 AM

Just received this email: Upcoming condo project, introduced as Renaissance has been renamed Elevate.  

Attached Images

• Untitled 2.png
  • Untitled.png

#1959 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

So whatever happened to the unfinished tower? Did that get turned into something?

#1960 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

That's what they are building elevate on. The first couple of levels above ground will change from parkade to housing and then they will add 2 small towers, 6 and 4 stories IIRC on top of that. The bottom 2 or 3 levels will remain parkade.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users