Photo

CFAX AM / iHeart Radio Victoria | AM 1070

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#61 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

I thank everyone for your interest and comments - but realize that this is not the place for me to go into more specific details.

#62 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

My opinion is that Victoria is too small a town to start picking fights with the media.

Yes, it is a small town. And I earned some level of goodwill and respect as an independent broadcaster who brought local history to the airwaves over many years. CFAX broadcasting two of my shows that way was embrassing to my guests and harmful to my reputation as a broadcaster - in this small town.

#63 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

Yes, it is a small town. And I earned some level of goodwill and respect as an independent broadcaster who brought local history to the airwaves over many years. CFAX broadcasting two of my shows that way was embrassing to my guests and harmful to my reputation as a broadcaster - in this small town.

God I just love it when the horse itself speaks!
Thanks for the detail specifics Sue and I wish you luck.

#64 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,003 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the explanation Sue.

My original point was that CFAX owns the content of all of the shows it airs. I know people who have produced shows who are not even allowed to podcast or stream the shows after the fact because of that reason.

Given your lawsuit I don't expect you to comment on your particular case but unless you had something unique arranged in advance then it may be tough to further your cause.

#65 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

Thx Spanky 123.
I'll just have to do what I think is right and see where it all ends.

#66 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:33 AM

Making it unique is that she is married to the executive director of the Maritime Museum, the show's sponsor:

http://www.susanwood...ia.com/bio.html

I do need to clarify since this has been raised.

I met my future husband after I started the show (he was a guest in year two).

I did not have a sponsor for the first three years.

As an independent producer/host, the sponsor arrangement was between me and the museum - and they would have happily continued because it was an affordable way to promote itself given the shows focus on maritime history.

#67 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:30 AM

Speculation is understandable but not related to the issue at hand - which is about copyright.

#68 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

The Mayor proclaimed today "Joe Easingwood Day". No doubt he'll be released next week.

#69 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

^
Not today, this Saturday.

#70 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,003 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

The Mayor proclaimed today "Joe Easingwood Day". No doubt he'll be released next week.

Joe has been on his way out since the Chum purchase. Don't get me wrong, I like Joe. The new model appears to be targeted at a different demographic.

#71 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

Joe Easingwood is the Larry King of Victoria. Other than Frank Standford and Murray Langdon there isn't too much class left at CFAX. Bring back Laura Schlessinger in the afternoon slot.

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Joe Easingwood is the Larry King of Victoria. Other than Frank Standford and Murray Langdon there isn't too much class left at CFAX. Bring back Laura Schlessinger in the afternoon slot.

I think Adam Stirling does an excellent job.

#73 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

Joe Easingwood is the Larry King of Victoria.

lol

#74 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

Joe Easingwood is the Larry King of Victoria. .

What do mean? Old and incompetent? Or is that incontinent?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#75 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:32 PM

I can't remember his name, but he does the little rants after the news...

Anyway, he was talking about BC Ferries' support of anti-idling practices at the terminals. I thought he had some good points:

-Idling to keep warm is not wasteful, you are keeping warm, same to keep cool.
-In practice, idiling your car is very much the same as using energy in your home to stay warm or cool
-Nobody forces you out of your home in the winter to go go a publicly operated "warm building", why should you be forced out of your car in the pouring rain to go into the terminal cafeteria?
-Fuel is expensive enough, we pay carbon taxes on it, we should be able to use it the way we want.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#76 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

I can't remember his name, but he does the little rants after the news...

Anyway, he was talking about BC Ferries' support of anti-idling practices at the terminals. I thought he had some good points:

-Idling to keep warm is not wasteful, you are keeping warm, same to keep cool.
-In practice, idiling your car is very much the same as using energy in your home to stay warm or cool
-Nobody forces you out of your home in the winter to go go a publicly operated "warm building", why should you be forced out of your car in the pouring rain to go into the terminal cafeteria?
-Fuel is expensive enough, we pay carbon taxes on it, we should be able to use it the way we want.

Adam Stirling, and I agree quite frankly. Ya, runnning the engine is not the most efficient form of heating or cooling, but so what... there is not another option when sitting in your car.

http://cfax1070.com/...hp?newsId=11052

#77 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

Adam Stirling, and I agree quite frankly. Ya, runnning the engine is not the most efficient form of heating or cooling, but so what... there is not another option when sitting in your car.

http://cfax1070.com/...hp?newsId=11052

If the ferries don't break down or are running on time, there will be less need to idle. Who wants to go into into a crowded terminal with everyone hacking and coughing?

#78 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

CFAX is bad enough lately with all the weekend infomercials for the same thing, week after week. But even at night, they repeat the same parts of Adler Online twice in the same night. Who wouldn't want to change the dial when you have to hear the same thing repeated twice?

Anyone know if Shannon Kowalko has left CFAX? I know she got married and got a new last name, but I don't see her listed at all on the CFAX website.

#79 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,003 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:28 AM

CFAX is bad enough lately with all the weekend infomercials for the same thing, week after week. But even at night, they repeat the same parts of Adler Online twice in the same night. Who wouldn't want to change the dial when you have to hear the same thing repeated twice?

Anyone know if Shannon Kowalko has left CFAX? I know she got married and got a new last name, but I don't see her listed at all on the CFAX website.

Shannon left a long time ago.

#80 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

Yes, Shannon got married last spring and then left CFAX a month or two later. Just before Terry Spence.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users