#5761 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,544 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

Now you’re playing Hungary games.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5762 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 05:47 PM

^Don't be a pest, bud.

#5763 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 05:55 PM

I wish you'd both stop acting like wieners.

#5764 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 06:02 PM

It's moments like this when I really can't stand you guys and this faschingskrapfen message board.

• Matt R. likes this

#5765 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 06:02 PM

I really don't give a schnitzel anymore.

#5766 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 06:11 PM

Let's be careful. If the mods have a problem with this kind of language they might pursue a torte case against us.

• FortStFriend likes this

#5767 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 07:29 PM

Jusu Bar in Chinatown is permanently closed. 

• Mike K. likes this

#5768 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 01:54 PM

Awning signage is up at the new downtown Bubby Rose location (Johnson/Government).
  • Mike K. likes this

#5769 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

You heard it here first folks.

A new establishment is setting up in the space vacated recently by OLO, Chinatown, just around the corner from the Janion.

The sign on the door says "coming soon".  They better hurry up if they plan to open in 2020 as indicated.

https://raindogswinebar.com

RainDogs.jpg

• Brantastic likes this

#5770 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:18 PM

Southern Flavours is a new Indian restaurant in the Lakehill Village shopping plaza in the former Korean Gardens restaurant (directly across from the Quadra Keg).

#5771 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,544 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:38 PM

Hey, isn’t there an Indian place run out of a home somewhere in Gordon Head, which sells takeout dishes?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5772 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 10:14 PM

http://deepindiafood.com/

Hey, isn’t there an Indian place run out of a home somewhere in Gordon Head, which sells takeout dishes?

• Mike K. likes this

#5773 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 01:16 AM

You heard it here first folks.

A new establishment is setting up in the space vacated recently by OLO, Chinatown, just around the corner from the Janion.

So ok I know a little about commercial leases because I have one but also said I slide sidewise in to this running a business thing so admit I'm not up on all the details. One of the folks at OLO in the story about them closing said they had been negotiating with someone for a while to sell their lease. Say what? I've always considered my lease an expense obligation, not a capital asset. Or was it the newspaper story gone wrong that they were negotiating with someone to take over their lease? Or maybe in their case, it was a mix of the lease and the upgrades to the space? Maybe because it is one high end restaurant moving in as one is moving out so they are paying for not having to put in all the kitchen gear? Matt, maybe you can explain?

#5774 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,544 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 07:23 AM

Yeah, it could be any number of things, but when you lease, you really only are selling the lease to someone plus whatever assets you want to include, if you’re selling the business. Buying businesses can be risky if the lease agreement isn’t iron tight.

Know it all.

#5775 kane

kane
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 08:14 AM

The Olo deal was an asset business sale. Everything except for the intellectual property and business concept was sold.

• Mike K. and Rob Randall like this

#5776 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 01:02 PM

So ok I know a little about commercial leases because I have one but also said I slide sidewise in to this running a business thing so admit I'm not up on all the details. One of the folks at OLO in the story about them closing said they had been negotiating with someone for a while to sell their lease. Say what? I've always considered my lease an expense obligation, not a capital asset. Or was it the newspaper story gone wrong that they were negotiating with someone to take over their lease? Or maybe in their case, it was a mix of the lease and the upgrades to the space? Maybe because it is one high end restaurant moving in as one is moving out so they are paying for not having to put in all the kitchen gear? Matt, maybe you can explain?

Nope, I can’t explain. When we bought the assets of our business, we took over the lease mid term, I wouldn’t say we “bought” it like it was an asset.

Matt.

#5777 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:46 PM

Well before covid I wrote an Android app (Play store "announce me"). The idea was to connect people who are physically close to each other, say bluetooth distance, in order to transfer information. For instance, walking into any appointment and only wanting to announce your name to the receptionist.

Now restaurants are doing a lot more of asking for name/phone and dealing with customer pickups where people just want to say "I'm here". I'm surprised that in the current covid climate none of the big companies have added a similar functionality to their phone apps.

#5778 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:26 PM

Well before covid I wrote an Android app (Play store "announce me"). The idea was to connect people who are physically close to each other, say bluetooth distance, in order to transfer information. For instance, walking into any appointment and only wanting to announce your name to the receptionist.

Now restaurants are doing a lot more of asking for name/phone and dealing with customer pickups where people just want to say "I'm here". I'm surprised that in the current covid climate none of the big companies have added a similar functionality to their phone apps.

This is why my cell phone is almost always sitting on its charger at home.

Edited by Nparker, 14 November 2020 - 05:26 PM.

#5779 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:36 PM

The Olo deal was an asset business sale. Everything except for the intellectual property and business concept was sold.

Ok so it does sound like the newspaper story was wrong. They sold their assets - the tenant improvements, all the kitchen stuff, the tables and chairs. And very good for them there was still someone in this environment that was willing to pay for that. 

Whereas it looks like in the case of San Remos, the most recent owners tried to sell then just walked away as the landlord is now trying to lease as it is, with all the restaurant stuff there.

#5780 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:40 PM

Nope, I can’t explain. When we bought the assets of our business, we took over the lease mid term, I wouldn’t say we “bought” it like it was an asset.

Matt.

In your case, you also bought the name and goodwill, as well as all the stuff - kitchen equipment, chairs, tables, etc. 

• Matt R. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users