Photo

Food services comings and goings in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
8817 replies to this topic

#6521 Fox

Fox
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, just got back myself, line takes about 30 min.  The blackberry cream cheese fried pies are deadly, as are the biscuits.  Very friendly staff, and even with the lines, everything is organized.

• Nparker likes this

#6522 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 09:01 PM

Yeah, just got back myself, line takes about 30 min. The blackberry cream cheese fried pies are deadly, as are the biscuits. Very friendly staff, and even with the lines, everything is organized.

I want a chicken sandwich but I'm going to wait until the hype dies down. Great to hear it's a success so far.
  • Nparker likes this

#6523 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,010 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 09:15 AM

Colwood residents may have noticed some changes to an old staple near Royal Roads University.

The Royal Roads Cafe, which first opened decades ago, has closed. The space has been bought and is currently being renovated, set to transform into a new restaurant, Hardy’s Bar and Grill.

https://www.vicnews....taurant-coming/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 December 2021 - 09:16 AM.

#6524 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 06:27 PM

Has anyone actually tried Popeye's? Was it worth it? We were going to do Greek tonight but the kidlin' is bugging me to try Popeyes. I like a good spicy chicken sandwich as much as the next person but I'm not going to wait 30 minutes for it.....

#6525 Fox

Fox
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 07:05 PM

There definitely is a 30min wait, still a large line outside.  I think its pretty tasty, the breading on the chicken is crunchy and you get a good portion.  The Cajun gravy on the mashed potatoes is good, but might take a bit of getting used to for some.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#6526 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 08:19 PM

I too will wait until the hub-bub dies down re Popeye's although I definitely want to give it a shot. There isn't a restaurant in this town that will entice me to stand around for half an hour though, and particularly a chain outfit. I'm sure its tasty grub but we went with the Greek option, phoned in the order walked in and picked it up 15 minutes later. Ba-da-boom......

• Nparker and qv like this

#6527 m3m

m3m
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 03:27 PM

Anybody tried Boomtown Burritos and Beer Garden yet?

(950 Yates)

#6528 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,010 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 03:28 PM

What building is that?

#6529 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,546 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 03:57 PM

Sounds like a place zoomer would hang at.
  • Barrrister likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6530 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,010 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 06:00 PM

Fisherman's Wharf Sweets! Don't Miss Out on this FANTASTIC Opportunity! Work Float Business at Fisherman's Wharf. Walk by traffic of approximately 500,000 potential clients in a 8 month period results in nothing but success for the business entrepreneur. Run the main Candy Shop. This float business presents excellent opportunity with strong revenues and profits. The current owner has been operating the Candy Shop with solid success for the last 5 years. It's growing each year and this year coming is going to be the the best yet.

$350,000

https://www.realtor....toria-james-bay

891577_1.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 December 2021 - 06:00 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#6531 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,010 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:10 AM

Stone Ground Pizza Co.

Downtown Victoria’s Doubletree Hilton Hotel at 777 Douglas St. is now home to Stone Ground Pizza Company.

The Italian-style restaurant is equipped with a stone-fired pizza oven and is attached to the new Starbucks coffee near the main entryway of the hotel.

General manager Morgan Watson said seating capacity in the restaurant can be extended into Starbucks when needed. An ordering system using a QR code allows for seamless service as well, he added.

“If one person wants to enjoy a Starbucks coffee while the other is craving a glass of wine, that is possible with the way our ordering system works,” Watson said.

https://www.vicnews....n-the-new-year/

also profiled:

Popeyes Louisana Kitchen Inc.

L’Apero Wine and Cheese Bistro

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 December 2021 - 05:12 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#6532 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 09:34 PM

Stone Ground Pizza Co.

Downtown Victoria’s Doubletree Hilton Hotel at 777 Douglas St. is now home to Stone Ground Pizza Company.

The Italian-style restaurant is equipped with a stone-fired pizza oven and is attached to the new Starbucks coffee near the main entryway of the hotel.

General manager Morgan Watson said seating capacity in the restaurant can be extended into Starbucks when needed. An ordering system using a QR code allows for seamless service as well, he added.

“If one person wants to enjoy a Starbucks coffee while the other is craving a glass of wine, that is possible with the way our ordering system works,” Watson said.

https://www.vicnews....n-the-new-year/

also profiled:

Popeyes Louisana Kitchen Inc.

L’Apero Wine and Cheese Bistro

I've never heard of stone fired pizza. I wonder how that works?
  • Matt R. likes this

#6533 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 10:08 PM

Is it like a sauna for pizza?
  • todd likes this

#6534 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,010 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 10:15 AM

https://www.facebook.../EarlsVictoria/

• Matt R. likes this

#6535 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 10:36 AM

"A maintenance issue"? That's rather cryptic.

• todd likes this

#6536 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,010 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 10:40 AM

Google:

"Due to a maintenance issue we are currently closed and will be re-opening January 6th. Earls Kitchen + Bar is a group of independently-compelling restaurants with globally-inspired food and drinks shared in a casually sophisticated setting. From brunch to late night, our menu is curated for each individual location and offers a range of healthy and indulgent options to suit whatever you're in the mood for."

#6537 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 10:54 AM

"independently-compelling restaurants"  :confused:

• qv and Barrrister like this

#6538 davidN

davidN
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOak Bay

Posted 03 January 2022 - 12:22 PM

Google:

"Due to a maintenance issue we are currently closed and will be re-opening January 6th. Earls Kitchen + Bar is a group of independently-compelling restaurants with globally-inspired food and drinks shared in a casually sophisticated setting. From brunch to late night, our menu is curated for each individual location and offers a range of healthy and indulgent options to suit whatever you're in the mood for."

Written by Marketing 101 student perhaps?

#6539 pgwood

pgwood
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 01:11 PM

New here but have watched the space at Esquimalt Town Square (1235 Esquimalt road) sit empty for a while.  I noticed over the holidays Colliers now lists it as pending.  Any idea who might be going into the restaurant space?

https://www.colliers...nada/can2001345

#6540 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 03:46 PM

Montreal Toasted Subs is opening a new location on Douglas near Cormorant (adjacent to LoyalTea).

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users