• 52,328 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 10:29 AM

Seize the opportunity!

#6842 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 11:03 AM

This might be a better deal.   Better chance for ROI.

$489,800,000

https://www.realtor....evard-vancouver

Rare chart boat business for sale in Vancouver! Full capacity of 40 seats, with the license on lounge liquor. It is good for all types of activities/events including but not limited to parties (birthday, bachelor...), banquet (wedding, anniversary...) corporate events, real estate tours, wine tasting, tourism, and etc. Training can be provided as per request. Call for more info!

• Matt R. likes this

#6843 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,868 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 11:29 AM

:banana:
  • Nparker likes this

#6844 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 11:47 AM

$1/2 Billion ???
  • Nparker, Matt R. and Ismo07 like this

#6845 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 12:36 PM

It would be a good price for a used aircraft carrier.

#6846 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 12:39 PM

Rare chart boat.

Someone should start a ‘Tors of Tik Tok account.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6847 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 03:15 PM

It's been listed for 12 days at that price. No one's bothered to ask about it?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#6848 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 07:05 PM

Maybe it is just inflation.

#6849 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 07:10 PM

Maybe it is just inflation.

So you're saying it was listed at only $250 million a week ago.

#6850 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 04:59 AM

Great opportunity to own a profitable, well established (30 years at current location) pizza franchise! This is a turn-key business with great growth potential. Prospective buyer must be approved by franchise. Contact the listing agent for non disclosure agreement and summary.

https://www.realtor....nich-cedar-hill

$125,000

Saanich, British Columbia V9I1T1

^ That could be Pizza Hut Shelbourne/Cedar Hill X Rd.  It's been there a bit over 30 years, although it has shrunk and moved in the plaza a bit.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 July 2022 - 05:08 AM.

#6851 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:03 AM

The Big Spoon Soup Company, currently operating in the Hudson Public Market, will be moving into the former 2% Jazz Space facing Fisgard in the same building.  The operation is owned by Shatterbox, so it's possible that the coffee shop will also join them in the new space.

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#6852 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 01:46 PM

When nine staff members at Capitol Hill’s Barrio walked out during a shift on July 7 in protest of the restaurant’s tipping structure, they handed a letter to the general manager and expressed their regrets. 

“It is not our wish to harm the business, but, in light of an increasingly untenable situation and despite having voiced our concerns to numerous managers on multiple occasions, we feel we are left with no other option,” the staffers wrote, adding that they intended to return to work the next day; they just didn’t know how else to get management to take seriously their protest about the restaurant’s tipping structure.

Though participants asserted they’d be back to work the next day, Heavy Restaurant Group, which runs Barrio, fired all nine within three hours of the walkout.

“It was a challenging decision, but it was a collective decision from myself and management. We just felt it was very disrespectful to the team and their co-workers. It put them in a vulnerable position,” said Larry Kurofsky, HRG founder and CEO.

https://www.seattlet...Registered User

Kurofsky said tips at Barrio were shared between front-of-house staff and back-of-house staff in an 80/20 split in which servers, bartenders and their support staff retained 80% of tips minus credit-card processing fees, and that this structure has been in place since December 2021.

Kurofsky says employees are informed of the split upon their hire, and are shown a weekly breakdown of the amount of tips disbursed through an internal communication technology. He called the process “100% transparent,” and said that he sees Barrio’s tip-pool model as a way to tackle pay inequity in the restaurant industry.

“I have this specific vision,” Kurofsky said, explaining that he believes the highest-paid employee in a restaurant should never make more than 2.5 times the lowest-paid employee, and that in many restaurants, the highest-paid employee is sometimes making five times what the lowest-paid employee does.

In their letter to HRG, the employees who walked out called for the end of the tip-pooling system by August 1, and asked that servers be allowed to keep their own tips at the end of service nightly and individually tip out support staff at standard industry rates. They also asked for the process to be well-documented. They’re not trying to take money out of the pockets of support staff, they say.

“Our idea was if we were to abolish the tip-pool system, we would hope that Heavy Restaurant Group would still adequately pay our back-of-house employees. We don’t need to be paying them with our tips. Yes, I believe they deserve tips, but it’s more about a lack of transparency and lack of control. We want to be part of the conversation,” Crawford said.

I'd fire these employees too.  I'm not letting any group make demands backed with their own imposed deadline.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 July 2022 - 02:09 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#6853 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,238 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 July 2022 - 09:54 PM

5x. So a top server could be pulling 100/hr vs the dishwasher pulling 20/hr. Big difference. The problem with tipping is that the support staff do contribute to whether the server gets a good tip as well. The food needs to be good, the dishes and table need to be clean, etc. they deserve some of the tip
  • Matt R. and JohnsonStBridge like this

#6854 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 06:29 AM

Man, the pressure to select tip option at self-serve kiosks is getting out of hand. Yesterday at a cafe where you are just handed a coffee (no table service), the employee handed me a machine with 18, 20 and 25% as the tip option. I turned and looked at the table, and it hadn’t been cleaned.

Zero effort. No pleasantries.18-25% tip expected. What the heck?
  • Nparker and Dr. Barillas like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6855 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 06:32 AM

I tipped at Subway the other day.  I saw her build my sandwich, she did a great job.

I don't get the "cheese and toasted?" line though.   Why are they in the same sentence?  They are two/three things.

1.  Do you want cheese, and what type would you like?

2.  Do you want this thing toasted?

The above restaurant taking the CC processing fees off tips, that's pretty nickel and dime.  But I guess if they are calculating it, it can be done.  What if the dishwasher leaves 15 minutes into a table sitting, how does she get that tip calculated?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 22 July 2022 - 06:34 AM.

#6856 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 07:52 PM

Man, the pressure to select tip option at self-serve kiosks is getting out of hand. Yesterday at a cafe where you are just handed a coffee (no table service), the employee handed me a machine with 18, 20 and 25% as the tip option. I turned and looked at the table, and it hadn’t been cleaned.

Zero effort. No pleasantries.18-25% tip expected. What the heck?

In those instances, I choose the skip or no tip button.

• Nparker, Matt R. and Barrrister like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#6857 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 05:34 AM

Rare opportunity to take over a free-standing restaurant with onsite parking. The restaurant recently underwent a renovation which included the installation of a 12 ft commercially vented hood with a new fire suppression system.

With this now in place, the space can easily accommodate any type of food concept, and the food primary liquor license allows 89 people.

The room is bathed in natural light from skylights that run throughout the building. The space is set up with various seating options from bar seats to booths, and an enclosed patio. NDA is required for more details.

https://www.realtor....ia-central-park

$149,000

Says Quadra/Hillside.  Coded "Central Park".  "Freestanding" and with parking.  Liquor license.

Don't know.  Maye the San Remo?

Could be that converted house across from the police station that is forever for sale.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 July 2022 - 05:36 AM.

#6858 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 10:00 PM

Anybody know the backstory to "End Dive Restaurant", which looks about to open on the corner of Government and Herald?

https://www.enddiverestaurant.com/

#6859 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 03:56 PM

Hazel’s Ice Cream has opened on the first floor of the Jukebox. This is their first store, as far as I can tell (you can buy their stuff in stores and at a cart on Dallas Road):

https://www.hazelsicecream.ca/
  • Nparker likes this

#6860 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 12:05 PM

The Crofton Hotel / Osborne Bay Pub & Liquor Store consists on 3 lots and is located in the growing town of Crofton BC which is next to the ferry that goes to Salt Spring Island and 45 mins from Nanaimo. Maple Bay Liquor store closed a few months ago and since then the Osborne Bay Liquor Store has been booming. One block from the water and marina the property has wonderful water views and is directly across from a new condo development. Busy all year around but with higher traffic during the summer months since the area is a very popular tourist destination. Osborne Pub is known for its great food, fabulous service and amazing entertainment. The Hotel consists of 6 rooms but is currently not rented out due to Covid. These could be rented for approximately $800 to $1000 per month. An excellent opportunity or a great holding property for future development. 

$3,100,000

https://www.realtor....n-no-city-value

The Hotel consists of 6 rooms but is currently not rented out due to Covid. These could be rented for approximately $800 to $1000 per month. 

:confused:

C8045796_1.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 02 August 2022 - 12:06 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users