• 12,593 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysogK6v21I

#104 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

“It’s pretty impressive that we have two of the top clubs in Canada recognized within Oak Bay,” said Oak Bay District Coun. Kevin Murdoch, adding he was surprised but also pleased of the winning results.

Clubs are highly marked on community involvement and environmental responsibility, both of which have strived to follow.

For one, VGC’s staff can now view the golf course using near infrared, ultra-violet and thermal imaging cameras, which sounds like something out of Star Trek, but the technology helps pin-point irrigation needs, potential disease outbreak, and monitor the course’s water consumption. In the last year, the club also saved more than 24.7 tons of CO2, which is the equivalent to keeping 45 cars off the road for one full year.

Yowza, that's tough to read.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 07 July 2017 - 06:29 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#105 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Yowza, that's tough to read.

What would you change?

#106 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

What would you change?

Kevin Murdoch, adding he was surprised but also pleased of the winning results. > >  Kevin Murdoch, adding he was surprised but also pleased to hear of the winning results.   or   Kevin Murdoch, adding he was surprised but also pleased with the winning results.

Clubs are highly marked on community involvement and environmental responsibility, both of which have strived to follow. > > Clubs are highly marked on community involvement and environmental responsibility, and both award recipients have have strived to follow those principles.

For one, VGC’s staff can now view the golf course using near infrared, ultra-violet and thermal imaging cameras, which sounds like something out of Star Trek, but the technology helps pin-point irrigation needs, potential disease outbreak, and monitor the course’s water consumption. In the last year, the club also saved more than 24.7 tons of CO2, which is the equivalent to keeping 45 cars off the road for one full year.

I would not use the VGC acronym here unless I had defined it earlier.  And for the last sentence, I'd need to explain how that was achieved, or I'd need some scale to show how relevant this is.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 07 July 2017 - 08:36 PM.

• Rob Randall, Sparky, todd and 1 other like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#107 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

Kevin Murdoch, adding he was surprised but also pleased of the winning results. > >  Kevin Murdoch, adding he was surprised but also pleased to hear of the winning results.   or   Kevin Murdoch, adding he was surprised but also pleased with the winning results.

Clubs are highly marked on community involvement and environmental responsibility, both of which have strived to follow. > > Clubs are highly marked on community involvement and environmental responsibility, and both award recipients have have strived to follow those principles.

I would not use the VGC acronym here unless I had defined it earlier.  And for the last sentence, I'd need to explain how that was achieved, or I'd need some scale to show how relevant this is.

You're speaking victoria they change it up in oak bay.

• GaryRanson likes this

#108 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

Stop the presses: Globe and Mail ends print edition in Maritimes

The Globe and Mail will stop delivering its print edition to the Maritimes, the newspaper said Monday.

Phillip Crawley, the publisher and CEO, said it followed the decision made in 2013 to stop printing in Newfoundland and Labrador.

"In keeping with the same policy, we have watched print subscriber numbers declining in the Maritimes over the last few years as we've seen digital subscriptions increase," he told CBC News in a phone interview.

"It gets to the point where it makes no sense to keep on subsidizing print delivery to that degree, where it's costing us $1 million a year to do that, and that's where it's now at with the Maritimes."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...times-1.4256289

#109 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Low population density.
  • Janion Fan likes this

#110 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Low population density.

So Metchosin and the Highlands will be next.

#111 LJ

LJ
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

I was watching a news article today that indicated that the GOC is going to institute a digital media tax on online newspapers, Netflix etc.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#112 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Victoria Buzz has opened up an office across the street from the Times Colonist. Just a few months after it was announced that the TC is selling their building.

Attached Images

• IMG_4837.JPG

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 28 August 2017 - 04:38 PM.

• Nparker, Matt R. and qwerty like this

#113 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

Brenons is Vic Buzz's parent company.
  • Matt R. likes this

#114 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

The Canadian government’s new cultural strategy all but snubs so-called legacy media, industry experts say, and left out some key measures that could have given a boost to struggling newspapers expected in the lead-up to the long-awaited announcement.

“I’m disappointed that the minister didn’t spell out more specifically her support for news media in Canada,” said Bob Cox, chair of News Media Canada, a group representing more than 800 print and digital media titles in the country.

He was one of several voices lobbying the government to grow the Canadian Periodical Fund, which supports magazines, periodicals and local newspapers, from $75 million a year to $350 million.

http://www.vicnews.c...ultural-policy/

#115 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

http://www.vicnews.c...ultural-policy/

Why should we artificially insulate a sector that is naturally shrinking?

#116 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

This is why editors are important.

image.jpeg
  • Nparker likes this

#117 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Allegations of sexual assault on minors weren't enough? Now the MSM is alleging erotic molluscs? Where will this madness end?

#118 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,576 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

Well I suppose even a clam has to reproduce..."somehow".

#119 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:51 PM

Remember, this is the state where selling sex toys is illegal so it's no surprise about the clams.

https://en.m.wikiped...Enforcement_Act

#120 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

Party divided lovers ex claims. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users