Photo

2009 Provincial Election Poll

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Which party are you voting for? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Which party are you voting for?

1. Conservative (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Green (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. Liberal (17 votes [45.95%])

Percentage of vote: 45.95%

4. NDP (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

5. Other (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

6. Not voting (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

Which party are you voting for this coming election?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 mat

mat
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

Which party are you voting for this coming election?

Mike - you should have added 'not voting' as one of the options! :D

#3 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

Mike - you should have added 'not voting' as one of the options! :D

Or at least an "undecided"!

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

I've added the not voting option. I left undecided out as eventually the undecided vote should fall within remaining options.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

I've added the not voting option. I left undecided out as eventually the undecided vote should fall within remaining options.

Probably a good choice, otherwise we might have a boring poll with 80% 'undecided'.

#6 davek

davek
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

I love the irony in selecting "Not voting" and then pressing the "Vote now" button!

#7 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

Personally I find this a very boring election. The STV referendum is the only interesting thing. I heard that Campbell was very pig headed, condescending and rude to the other party leaders during the debate.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

Campbell was being himself, and James got her knickers in a knot.

Campbell made a comment to James (not Sterk) that was taken the wrong way. The Globe and Mail ran an article this morning quoting Campbell's ex public speaking assistant and she said Campbell could sometimes sound condescending but his tone was no different towards men. In other words, according to his assistant, if it had been a man Campbell was speaking to, nobody would have raised an eyebrow.

Know it all.

#9 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:59 PM

^but that suggests that men are thicker-skinned than women! NO WAY!!! :D

Were there a viable right-wing party, I would vote for them but until that happens i'll be voting for the Liberals. This tiny poll really doesn't bode well for the NDP, which I am glad to see. I'm also glad to see the left haven't learned anything from the last election.
In chains by Keynes

#10 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

I think it just shows that this site is full of Liberal supporters. I don't think it's a true reflection.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

The majority of visitors to this site are either urbanites (live in urban dwellings in the core) or urban-minded (live in compact dwellings outside of the core, or generally care for the urban core of the city). Interesting to see this group heavily in favour of the Liberals (although that may change as the polling continues).

Know it all.

#12 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

Much more interesting is that only 26 people have voted

#13 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

I think it just shows that this site is full of Liberal supporters. I don't think it's a true reflection.

I take it that the poll is not going the way you hoped? Therefore you draw this conclusion?

#14 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

Looking at the support for the Conservatives, this site is sorely lacking in anyone on the right side of the spectrum.

People on the left may want to refer to Campbell as right wing, but his politics are in lock step with the federal Liberals and very, very centrist.

#15 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

I take it that the poll is not going the way you hoped?

Did I say that?

I make the conclusion because I know for a fact that there are proportionately a LOT more NDP supporters on Southern Vancouver Island than represented in this poll.

#16 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

Ha, when I voted in this poll it was 4 NDP and 1 Liberal.

#17 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

The only useful thing the Liberals have done is the Carbon Tax. The worst thing they have done is continue our horrific logging practices and privatizing our rivers. Then again everything he has done has been a joke with one exception

A vote for the Liberals destroys our province.
A vote for the NDP bankrupts our province.
A vote for the Green saves our Province.

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

The worst thing they have done is continue our horrific logging practices and privatizing our rivers.

Throughout the 1990's it was the NDP that promoted run-of-river projects and cut taxes to lure private investment dollars. The Liberals are now being chastised by the NDP for following in the NDP's footsteps.

As for logging, the NDP have no immediate plans to ban raw log exports and their policies on logging throughout the 1990's were no better than the Liberals'.

Know it all.

#19 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

Well I Did not know that, but that just goes to show that the two main parties suck.

#20 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

Throughout the 1990's it was the NDP that promoted run-of-river projects and cut taxes to lure private investment dollars. The Liberals are now being chastised by the NDP for following in the NDP's footsteps.

As for logging, the NDP have no immediate plans to ban raw log exports and their policies on logging throughout the 1990's were no better than the Liberals'.

BC has had private water rights since 1858, most of the applications for water rights each year in the last few years has been for other uses other than private power production.

IPPs in BC have a lower environmental footprint than logging, mining and tourism. In fact most of the projects have such a small footprint that there is no measurable impact on the environment.

We have had private power production in BC since the start of electrical power. The Kootenies have a private for profit utility.

Meanwhile the US needs to replace 2 000 000 GwH of coal fired power. BC run of the river is one of the few sources out there to replace the coal power.

As to log exports, BC exports very few logs and in most years has imported more logs than it has exported. If all the raw logs were no longer exported, the amount of timber would be enough to fill the needs of about five modern sawmills and employ about 1000 people.

If exports were to end, the price the loggers get for a log will drop 20-30%. The province will lose about $75 000 000 in stumpage. Many of the loggers will not be able to harvest the trees because the price they get will less than the cost to harvest the trees. Low log prices would put about 3000 people out of work and not provide any mill jobs.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users