Photo

Temple Lounge | Victoria | Fort Street @ Langley Street

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 osmich

osmich
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

Word on the street is that Temple is for sale.

I heard they want $600K which is really quite outrageous considering there is no "goodwill" associated with this place.

#22 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

I have only ever had a drink there but a quite a few people I know love the place and have never said a negative thing about it. I saw a chef demo by their chef once it was quite impressive. Apart from the prices yours is the first negative thing I have heard.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#23 osmich

osmich
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

I should retract a bit and say that there would be very "little goodwill" associated with this sale.

Goodwill is a business term used to determine the price of some businesses with existing clients and I am not singling out Temple as I have never eaten there. If you were to take Paggliaci's for instance which has been a gold mine since day one and put it on the market you would get a premium for it as it is so well known and has thousands of loyal customers and that is bankable. Temple on the other hand has had two owners in a short time frame and the last ones have only been there six months and already they are selling. There client base is very small.

Goodwill is simply a measurement tool and I do apologize if it came across the wrong way.

They will sell the contents and that is it.

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Looks like it's called SALUTE now.

Grand opening last weekend.

#25 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

i walked by here today, and it still had the old prominent temple sign over the door and etched in a window.
Also had a sign or maybe etching on one window that said salute....if I didn't know any better I would have been confused.

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

Looks like it's called SALUTE now.

Grand opening last weekend.

Closing permanently after Saturday.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#27 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

Talk about a slow death.

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Temple Lounge is now open until 5AM Friday and Saturday nights.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#29 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Temple Lounge is now open until 5AM Friday and Saturday nights.

As what? I'm surprised the City would allow them to have a business licence that went that late.

#30 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

^Ever hear of a place called "Denny's"? They won't be selling liquor that late though. Unless it's serruptitiously in teapots like in the old days.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#31 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

^Ever hear of a place called "Denny's"? They won't be selling liquor that late though. Unless it's serruptitiously in teapots like in the old days.

Does Denny's have a liquor licence?

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

Does Denny's have a liquor licence?

Yes.

All restaurants are allowed open 24 hours. Baja Grill stays open until 5am every weekend too.

Temple is also a "Rent-araunt", open any day for special events only. I'm sure that's a bit of a staffing nightmare.

Isn't The Mint open until 4 or 5 on weekends?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#33 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Yes.

All restaurants are allowed open 24 hours. Baja Grill stays open until 5am every weekend too.

Temple is also a "Rent-araunt", open any day for special events only. I'm sure that's a bit of a staffing nightmare.

Isn't The Mint open until 4 or 5 on weekends?

I didn't realize that you could get a drink at Denny's. I suppose I was surprised about temple in that I thought there was a public regulatory process - even with a food primary liquor licence - that had to occur if operating hours changed beyond a certain closing time. I guess not.

#34 glyserene

glyserene
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

Yep Temple is open 1:30am-5am Fri and Sat night with a full food menu. Dj's and this hot bartender I've been trying to talk to always goes there after work....
Anyway - They also give you a $5 SoberWheel voucher to use whenever you want to help get your car home safe. Cabs line up there too - it SURE beats running around trying to flag a cab or eating street meat in the rain!
Don't get me wrong, street meat has its allure, just not in my heels in the rain ;)

#35 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria glyserene.

Wow, we have sure seen a lot of newcomers this past few weeks.

Wonderful.

#36 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Temple just went through the wringer to try to get an entertainment endorsement.

They asked for seven days, eventually they got Fri and Sat only at last night's council meeting, I was there. Wow, that's a lot of bureaucracy to go through. At the end, only Gudgeon was opposed and as far as I could see, she's in conflict with her business interests, but whatever. I don't know how having Fridays/Sat only is "safer" than seven days but that was the compromise. If they fear making another nightclub, you'd think they'd approve Sun-Thus for the endorsement instead. I'm not sure how it got to this point, this thing has been going on for many months.

At the end of the day, I feel that if they run without problems for 6 or 12 months under the Fri-Sat endorsement, they can go back and ask for an expansion later, and get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users