Photo

Health care in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#181 LJ

LJ
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:23 PM

A month or so ago Mr. Horgan did a grand opening of the Pacific Wellness Center in Colwood. He said they have doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, etc. and are able to do a lot of testing on site. He said people without a family doctor could get a continuum of care there. Smiles all around.

I went down there today as my doctor's office is closed. The medical facility is empty, no doctors, no nurses, no equipment, no furniture and with a lease sign in the window. Horgan made it sound like the province was providing all this "extra" care into the community when all they did was pony up cash to build a structure and then hope some doctors rent it from them. Politicians, sheesh. I guess I should have listened more carefully as he probably made use of a few weasel words so it wasn't an outright lie.

• Midnightly likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#182 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:44 PM

A month or so ago Mr. Horgan did a grand opening of the Pacific Wellness Center in Colwood. He said they have doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, etc. and are able to do a lot of testing on site. He said people without a family doctor could get a continuum of care there. Smiles all around.

I went down there today as my doctor's office is closed. The medical facility is empty, no doctors, no nurses, no equipment, no furniture and with a lease sign in the window. Horgan made it sound like the province was providing all this "extra" care into the community when all they did was pony up cash to build a structure and then hope some doctors rent it from them. Politicians, sheesh. I guess I should have listened more carefully as he probably made use of a few weasel words so it wasn't an outright lie.

i remember people were lining up at the door opening day hoping to get a doctor only to be turned away.. he made it out to be the newest best thing for medical care a 1 stop all you need medical clinic to get basic testing done see a doctor...

#183 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,283 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Are you guys referring to the Pacific Centre Family Services Association, or St. Anthony's Medical Centre? Both are within spitting distance of each other along the Goldstream Avenue strip, but neither of them is named Pacific Wellness Centre.

• sebberry likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#184 LJ

LJ
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

Oh no, there is a Pacific Wellness Center, just waiting for some doctors nurses equipment furniture to take up the lease for the empty space. 

The Pacific Centre Family Services is in the other half of the building having just moved from less than 100 yards away.

Well apparently you can't copy anything from their web page, read the second para

https://www.colwood....g-heart-colwood

From their web page...

The Centre for Well-Being will provide 15,000 square feet of program space, all based on Trauma-Informed design for service excellence. PCFSA will occupy the second floor and provide 7,200 square feet of street level space for rent by other health and wellness professionals. 

oops

Edited by LJ, 03 June 2019 - 07:50 PM.

#185 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,283 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:47 PM

Ah! So that’s what you meant. I didn’t realize there was that facility opening adjacent to PCFSA.

It’s like Medical Row along there ...or will be.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#186 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 10,419 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:03 AM

^^ It copied for me.

"The Centre for Well-Being will provide 15,000 square feet of program space, all based on Trauma-Informed design for service excellence. PCFSA will occupy the second floor and provide 7,200 square feet of street level space for rent by other health and wellness professionals."

#187 LJ

LJ
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:59 PM

^Judging by the alacrity of doctors moving into this space I would say it will probably end up to be a "compassion dispensary".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users