Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

Any progress on this one yet?

#42 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:04 AM

Ancient settlement found at building site

Radio-carbon dating indicates an age of 2,800 years -- far older than most other artifacts in region

Jeff Bell, Times Colonist
Published: Sunday, January 06, 2008

Old is meeting new at Colwood's Aquattro housing development, where the excavation for one of the project's future buildings is steps away from an archeological dig dating back almost 3,000 years.

Ken McLeod of Aquattro said it has been known all along that the 50-acre waterfront development site could hold significant examples of First Nations history. That led to an early move to link up with I.R. Wilson Consultants, a company specializing in archeological issues, and a close association with Ron Sam, an archeological officer with the Songhees Nation.

McLeod said I.R. Wilson identified the archeological site currently under scrutiny some time ago.

<snip>

http://www.canada.co...e261f50&k=97842

#43 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

Victoria's rural region transformed
Condo suites lure buyers with views of orchards and lagoons

Marty Hope, CanWest News Service
Edmonton Journal
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Published: 9:02 am

Not only are residential developers discovering what Victoria's west shore has to offer, but recreation and investment property buyers are lining up right behind them.

Communities such Colwood, Langford and View Royal are being transformed from rural bedroom communities for British Columbia's provincial capital -- or whistle stops for people on their way to Sooke Harbour or Port Renfrew -- into destination centres.

Aquattro is among the largest of a group of new developments taking place in this region of Vancouver Island.

"The character of this set of communities is being redefined at a rate that would have been difficult to imagine not so long ago," says Peter Daniel, president of Woodburn Management and developer of Aquattro, a 563-unit multi-family project overlooking Esquimalt Lagoon in Colwood.

The apartments, with seven floor plans to choose from, range from a 750-square-foot one-bedroom to a spacious three-bedroom suite at about 2,500 square feet. There are two floor plans for the townhouses that measure from 1,847 to 2,500 square feet, and to soak up the views, homes come with large windows and decks. The development also has a clubhouse, ocean club and interpretive centre.

Heavy equipment rolled onto this uniquely-designed condominium project in late September, breaking ground for the first phase of what is estimated to be a five- to seven-year construction process. In June, 82 apartments and six townhomes were released on the market, with 58 sold. Sixteen of these were sold to Albertans.

"We knew going into it that Alberta and Calgary would be strong markets for us," says Daniel, who is also impressed by the fact that 14 of the 58 deals have been for units priced at more than $1 million.

Daniel is considering reducing the size of townhouses to make them more affordable for what he termed a "changing" marketplace.

The market has changed in a big way from what it was even a year or so ago, says Daniel. No longer are condo developments selling out in just a few days -- in some cases, almost overnight.

Plans call for the construction of 563 units split among 26 buildings of four, six and 12 storeys as well as the townhouses on the 20-hectare property. Buyers will share views of the orchards, the lagoon and the Olympic Mountains with nesting ducks, grazing deer and drifting hawks.

"We're right in the sweet spot of what people want -- a natural environment all around, a waterfront, views, a geothermal component, an incredible setting next to Royal Roads University with trails and an old growth forest, and growing amenities on the west shore," says Daniel.

To ensure much of the wildlife habitats and other sensitive areas closer to the lagoon are preserved, 40 per cent of the Aquattro land will remain natural green space.

It will include bird and wildlife sanctuaries, with all construction confined towards the back of the property, the farthest point from the water.

Aquattro and other west shore developments underway or being planned are bringing about change for this area of the island. The communities are looking to the future and embracing growth -- and with that growth has come amenities like hockey arenas, swimming pools and libraries.

"People used to move here because it was affordable and it still is," says Daniel. "However, now they come because of lifestyle and services."

© The Edmonton Journal 2008
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#44 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

This project has weird floorplans. The kitchens are in the middle of the units with everything sort of radiating from it. So even in some of the bigger units the master bedroom is off the living room which doesn't seem right to me.

#45 trueviking

trueviking
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

a better image of the towers...

#46 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

Aquattro is given a brief profile in today's Globe. I checked out the display suite last weekend--pretty spiff. The finishing seemed better than Reflections but keep in mind Reflections is the actual suite while Aquattro's is still just a mock-up.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#47 pininfarina

pininfarina
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

It is not even clear now will they finish the whole project or not... Two buildings so far...First one (Adriatic) was finished with the 5 months delay, and another one lacks pre-sales and hence financing. :confused:

So is there anybody who is buying or planning to buy a condo there? I'm sure right now the buyer's enthusiasm is pretty low..

#48 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

I believe the last building under construction at Aquattro is receiving occupancy this week, or next week

#49 schrey2

schrey2
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

What is going on with Aquattro? Looks kind of slow on the infrastructure for the stage it is at. We're looking for a place to buy-its on a great site, and the plan is interesting, but it appears that the developer is going too slow...........sales must not be good and funding looks like it is tight. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who knows what is happening.

#50 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

sales must not be good and funding looks like it is tight

You pretty much said it yourself

#51 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

These two buildings would be Aquattro, yes?
http://www.flickr.co...457261/sizes/o/

#52 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

These two buildings would be Aquattro, yes?
http://www.flickr.co...457261/sizes/o/

Yes those are two of the buildings at Aquattro

#53 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

I was under the impression that all buildings out there are done, but I haven't driven out there to see for myself. Can anyone tell me what is going on out there

#54 vicbc250

vicbc250
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

i havnt been out there for like 4 months but not much has happened there i think 3 or four of the 3-4 story buildings are done but not much landscaping or other construction at all

#55 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

i havnt been out there for like 4 months but not much has happened there i think 3 or four of the 3-4 story buildings are done but not much landscaping or other construction at all

Lenders cut funding for Colwood $350-million Aquattro waterfront development

Construction stalled on Colwood condominium, townhouse project

http://www.timescolo...9545/story.html

By Darron Kloster, Times Colonist
February 16, 2010 6:17 AM

[...]

#56 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

Someone should tell Carla Wilson:rolleyes:

Its a shame about this as this is a good project, lets hope it gets back on track soon. With todays announcement by Flaherty about the new mortgage rules however, it may be difficult.

#57 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

I know someone who just bought a unit in one of the Aquattro buildings. I don't think the agents disclosed funding problems and the potential for major changes to the site plan.

That's not cool.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#58 CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Its a shame about this as this is a good project, lets hope it gets back on track soon. With todays announcement by Flaherty about the new mortgage rules however, it may be difficult.

The new rules won't change much for the average buyer. Still a 5% minimum downpayment, still a 35yr maximum term. Most of the changes were aimed at speculators and such, not first time buyers

#59 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

So I was looking at the Aquatto site plan as posted in the development's website, here - http://aquattrolivin.../09/sitemap.pdf

There's a fairly signigicant pond in the center of the site and a creek running from it down to the lagoon. But, looking at an aerial photo of the actual site I can't see any existing pond or creek - http://www.bing.com/...e1=Victoria, BC

Does anyone know where the water source for the pond and creek will come from? I could understand an artificial pond being put in, but if it is going to drain into the lagoon there would have to be a constant source of water on the site.

#60 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

So I was looking at the Aquatto site plan as posted in the development's website, here - http://aquattrolivin.../09/sitemap.pdf

There's a fairly signigicant pond in the center of the site and a creek running from it down to the lagoon. But, looking at an aerial photo of the actual site I can't see any existing pond or creek - http://www.bing.com/...e1=Victoria, BC

Does anyone know where the water source for the pond and creek will come from? I could understand an artificial pond being put in, but if it is going to drain into the lagoon there would have to be a constant source of water on the site.

Its probably a storm water retention pond and when the pond reaches a certain elevation it overflows into a creek to the lagoon. Thats my guess anyway

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users