- - - - -

Victoria grocery store and supermarket discussion

• Please log in to reply
1606 replies to this topic

#1081 m3m

m3m
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:34 AM

Profanity isn’t necessary though, is it?

If the person is offended by basketball games, I’m taking the allegations of “profanity” pretty lightly. I’ve been known to let out a hearty “gosh darn it” after bricking a 3.
  • sebberry, Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#1082 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:39 AM

Profanity isn’t necessary though, is it?

The printed sign? Or the odd swear when missing a shot? Can’t imagine it’s as bad as this individual is insinuating.

#1083 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:40 AM

I dunno, it’s easy to laugh this off, but if you had a basketball game next to your bedroom window every night you’d eventually lose your patience, too.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1084 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:42 AM

Now that being said, the posted sign is too much. Deal with your neighbour directly and leave the rest of the public out of it.
  • Nparker, sebberry and newbie_01 like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1085 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:54 AM

Well, public shaming is not exactly a new thing. Moreover, being inconsiderate and entitled is sadly not uncommon in Victoria. I was going to try out the store but I think I will give it a pass, 

#1086 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:35 AM

...if you had a basketball game next to your bedroom window every night you’d eventually lose your patience, too.

Every night? I think I would be watching intently, trying to figure out how they were dribbling and making baskets during freezing cold, strong winds, and pouring rain. There would be no point turning the hose on them, that's for sure. They wouldn't even notice.

The complaint says the games are preventing neighbours from having any peace during the day, or a good night's sleep. Could the ball players not offer a compromise and restrict their backyard basketball games to times other than the day or night?

Let the record show, playing games at home now means you aren't community oriented. The fascist brainwashing program would seem to be nearing completion.

• newbie_01 likes this

#1087 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:41 AM

What's the history of that backyard court? Is it very new? Doesn't seem like it. If not new, has something changed recently? New/stronger lighting? Are they playing into the wee hours? Has something changed with the neighbours?

#1088 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:56 AM

The owners are also in the 60s. Perhaps a son or grandson?

#1089 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, it could be.

Something’s not being handled well here. But public shaming has just soured relations to a point where they’re unlikely to build back from (easily).

Know it all.

#1090 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,025 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 12:19 PM

If the person is offended by basketball games, I’m taking the allegations of “profanity” pretty lightly. I’ve been known to let out a hearty “gosh darn it” after bricking a 3.

Other kids played H-O-R-S-E, we played F-U-C...

Matt.
  • Greg likes this

#1091 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:10 PM

Well, this basketball 'noise' by a local grocer dust-up is likely a cover to distract from a connection made to Oak Bay and **rnhub operations, I can hear the teacups now!  https://twitter.com/...1900800/photo/1

• zoomer, Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#1092 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:34 PM

So that’s how Oak Bay keeps taxes down. Doesn’t explain their reluctance to erect anything over 6 storeys though. Which is a very average and modest height.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1093 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:10 PM

It's a parody account referencing a company in Montreal...
  • Matt R. likes this

#1094 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,950 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:42 PM

After many months of hard work and spectacular transformations throughout the store, the renovations at James Bay Thrifty Foods are finally complete!

“It’s been a massive undertaking,” says store manager Daryl Fediw. “Our customers and staff have been incredibly patient as we’ve completed this full, inside-outside reno. Departments have shuffled around or been crammed into a smaller footprint at times, but we’re already hearing great feedback as people get a glimpse of the finished product.”

Thrifty Foods James Bay is celebrating their “new” store on Earth Day, April 22 with special end-of-renovations offers in-store.

https://www.vicnews....sher-than-ever/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 April 2021 - 04:42 PM.

#1095 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:09 AM

this might be a great opportunity to open yet another Safeway in Victoria.

874277_1.jpg

$1,895,000

WOW! This property is a real gem and the business is booming. This is a very rare opportunity to own a successful business and a prime piece of real estate in one of the most sought after communities on Vancouver Island. The Deep Cove Market has been nurtured, grown and now flourishing due to the dedication of the current owners over the past 16 years. This community market is cherished by locals and the envy of other neighbourhood markets in other communities. The time has come to pass the torch to another successful entrepreneur to enjoy the abundant rewards this business has to offer. This is a truly 'TURN KEY' operation with a proven track record and steady year over year growth. Situated on a prime 1/2 acre corner property the 'Deep Cove Market' has become a destination market for specialty items, great service and delicious deli items. 

https://www.realtor....anich-deep-cove

someone should slap a bit of yellow paint on that curb.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 April 2021 - 04:11 AM.

#1096 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:26 AM

Wasn’t this already for sale?

Know it all.

#1097 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:39 AM

Wasn’t this already for sale?

yes.  i believe so.  the blurb above says the owners have had it 16 years but i'm sure it has been listed for sale 2 or 3 times.  both items can be true of course.

#1098 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:40 AM

Right, something is preventing an acquisition it looks like. $2 million is not that much for that property I wouldn’t think.

Know it all.

#1099 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:55 AM

Real Estate Agents are masters of the "3 dressed up as a 9" description of properties..

• Nparker and GaryRanson like this
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#1100 Darren14

Darren14
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:53 AM

Not sure what thread to post this is in.. but has anyone seen this manago daiquiri mix or anything similar to it in town?

I've been able to get it most summers but having the hardest time this year

Attached Images

• SmartSelect_20210703-095001_Chrome.jpg

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users