BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#441 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

>>>Townline will be making an announcement regarding Hudson Place 1<<<

I sure hope its what I'm hoping to hear, I hope ...

#442 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:52 PM

Can anyone reveal the special announcement from the Townline event tonight...?

#443 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

They said 30 storey building but picture showed 28, either way it is going to be epic.
  • Nparker and Samuel like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#444 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

#445 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

I was too busy eating free food and drinking free beer.
  • Rob Randall, jonny and Samuel like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#446 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

Will this same tactic be used to persuade Council to allow the extra height? I am sure "Beremy" will insist on at least 29 floors of affordable housing even if the building is only 28 storeys.

#447 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

Hang tight, I've got a piece coming soon!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#448 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

Hang tight, I've got a piece coming soon!

Tick-tock... ;)

#449 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

There's a shocker.

#450 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

Details-of-Victoria's-tallest-building-revealed-at-Hudson-District-block-party.jpg
An artist's rendering of Hudson Place One, a proposed 29-storey condominium tower with ground floor retail space planned for the 700-block of Herald Street. If approved, the building will stand as Vancouver Island's tallest. The rendering as depicted is an early design that will be further refined, according to development firm Townline.

Details of Victoria's tallest building revealed at Hudson District block party
http://victoria.citi...dson-place-one/

Downtown Victoria’s Hudson District was abuzz with activity on Thursday evening as development firm Townline held a block party at the Victoria Public Market in celebration of the burgeoning community.

As part of an address by Justin Filuk – Townline’s director of development – the company expressed its gratitude to the residents and retail tenants of the Hudson District, and took the opportunity to highlight Townline’s milestones in Victoria.   

“We are here today because each and every one of you is helping to make the Hudson District a thriving and healthy community,” Filuk said. “And we are excited to confirm that we will be submitting for development permit in early July for the first phase of Hudson Place which we hope will become one of the City’s most exciting buildings.”

With excavation for Hudson Place underway since May, Filuk went on to update residents on the status of the preparatory work on Townline’s vision for the culmination of the Hudson District. [Full article]
  • Baro and jonny like this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#451 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the updates Mike- where on the site will the two towers be placed, i.e. will Huston Place One front directly on to Blanchard or will it be fronting Herald Street (and perhaps set back from Blanchard)?

#452 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:30 AM

An artist's rendering of Hudson Place One, a proposed 29-storey condominium tower with ground floor retail space planned for the 700-block of Herald Street. If approved, the building will stand as Vancouver Island's tallest. The rendering as depicted is an early design that will be further refined, according to development firm Townline...

I have faith in Townline for delivering on its promises and I look forward to seeing more detailed and refined renderings for  HP1. The above is just too preliminary and offers too few details to properly assess what is being proposed. 29 floors of course is awesome - as long as they are done well.

#453 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for the updates Mike- where on the site will the two towers be placed, i.e. will Huston Place One front directly on to Blanchard or will it be fronting Herald Street (and perhaps set back from Blanchard)?

If I had to guess, I would think HP1 will be on corner of Herald at the Carriageway and HP2 centred on the Blanshard side of the property.

#454 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

Yes, HP1 will front onto the 700-block of Herald Street and the carriageway. HP2 will front onto Blanshard.

• jonny likes this

Know it all.

#455 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

If they want to go 29 floors ... why not 1 more to make it an even 30?

#456 Samuel

Samuel
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Were there any updated full-sized renderings displayed as well?

#457 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Better pictures please.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#458 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

The nice visuals are underway. There's a little bit of mystique with these big towers, and my understanding is work continues up until the very last second. So to release an incomplete rendering too early might mean the proper rendering gets lost in translation. And I get that hesitation that comes with releasing visuals.

But it'll be about 90 metres tall. That exactly two Era's.
  • Nparker and jonny like this

Know it all.

#459 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

The initial renderings are disappointing.. I can only assume it transitions to an all glass top half portion? Can't imagine the current design being replicated over 29 floors.. just too 'heavy' and stark.

#460 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

This is the inspiration, to some degree: http://www.townline....ew-homes/sussex

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users