BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#1101 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:35 AM

April 28th, 2019

Attached Images

• IMG_6638.jpeg
  • IMG_6639.jpeg
  • IMG_6640.jpeg
  • IMG_6641.jpeg

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1102 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

Already on the 11th floor?

• Nparker likes this

#1103 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

And windows as far as the 5th.

#1104 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

The building's already visible from the waterfront near The Railyards in Vic West!

• jonny likes this

#1105 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:00 AM

When I first joined VV in 2008 or whenever that was, a 25 floor building downtown (and a relatively sleek and modern one to boot!) was literally nothing but a dream! To see that coming to fruition is amazing. 

• RFS likes this

#1106 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

Have any of the new developments or city planers placed any emphasis on the inclusion of EV charging stations in new developments??

#1107 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

Something to consider for people getting on in years before purchasing a suite on upper levels of a very tall building.  This will be Victoria's first such building.

There are some alarming stats that somehow don't get communicated.

As seniors the risk of heart attack increases with age as we all know.  What most people aren't aware is that your survival from a heart attack is directly linked to how high up you live in a building.

Those who lived on the ground or second floor fared best for survivability in recent studies. Data shows 4.2% survived to hospital discharge. Survival dipped to 2.6% on or above the third floor. Above the 16th floor survival was negligible!  The statistics are most grim for those at or above the 25th floor.

So when you choose your suite,  take time to think about your own health and do some research.  Most experts are calling for the installation of AED's ( Automatic External Defibrillators)  for these tall towers.  In Toronto there are many building which are not too old that have elevators not capable of fitting an EMS stretchers.  The standards didn't capture this fact for elevator sizing for all builds. This means the EMS must use a mobile chair which is not best for a patient having a cardiac arrest.

Be wise a do your own research or as an EMS employee yourself.  The information is out there.

• newbie_01 likes this

#1108 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

The statistics are most grim for those at or above the 25th floor

Phew! I guess we now know the shortage of tall towers in the region is just Big Brother looking out for our best interests.

#1109 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

We've talked about this before.

Phew! I guess we now know the shortage of tall towers in the region is just Big Brother looking out for our best interests.

Exactly right. Victorians have made highrise living much safer by keeping their city's highrise buildings as short as possible.

• Nparker likes this

#1110 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Only 4.2% of people who have a heart attack survive? So the many people I know who have survived heart attacks are actually insanely fortunate?

Where's this data you speak of? I call BS.

#1111 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

Only 4.2% of people who have a heart attack survive? So the many people I know who have survived heart attacks are actually insanely fortunate?

There is a fairly big difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest.
Take a minute and use Google. https://www.theglobe...rticle28238769/

#1112 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

You're right, it's not heart attacks, but cardiac arrests (which can be caused by heart attack). The stats listed are for people with no pulse when the paramedics arrive. 4.2% come back from the 'dead' if the medics don't have to spead a lot of time waiting on elevators.

Edited by Mattjvd, 01 May 2019 - 08:17 PM.

#1113 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:14 AM

But on the flip side, living in the city centre means access to ambulances is theoretically better than if you were living in a suburb, so medics might actually arrive on the 25th floor faster than they would at a stately waterfront residence.

An ex-medic acquaintance was telling me that now with the volume of drug-related calls medics can’t even get to heart attack or non-drug-related calls as fast they once could, so whether you live on the second or 25th floor your ambulance wait is likely to be longer.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1114 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:47 AM

Are we we really talking about the difference between 4.2% and 0.1%? Plus with the health benefits of downtown living, your likely going to live longer on the 25th floor than you will in a house in Langford.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#1115 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

Oh dude, trust me on this one. Moving out of downtown was the healthiest thing I have ever done!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1116 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

https://www-planetiz...se-urban-living

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#1117 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:38 AM

Moving out of downtown was the healthiest thing I have ever done!

Downtown improved as well, so it was win-win.*

*I kid. Relax.

#1118 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

It looks like the study confirms what we already know, and that’s as we get older and earn more money, we tend to move into suburban homes, eat better food more often (no longer a starving student) and exercise less because our lives are pre-occupied with more than our physical appearance :)

And I tell ya, maintaining my yard has been a near-constant pursuit of stupidly physical work that downtown living never required. I’m currently building a retaining wall that spans about 80 feet and with every passing moment of lifting bags of concrete or dragging planks around I ask myself what in the world I’m doing, lol.
  • Kapten Kapsell likes this

Know it all.

#1119 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

I think the main lesson here is that luxurious condo towers can never have too many speedy elevators.

• Nparker and jonny like this

#1120 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

I’m currently building a retaining wall that spans about 80 feet and with every passing moment of lifting bags of concrete or dragging planks around I ask myself what in the world I’m doing, lol.

You know that in the future someone else is going to look upon your hard work and say, "Ugh, now I have to dig out this crap to build what I want."  And the Circle Of Renovation continues.

• Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users