BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#101 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

Yes, that's what they had done.

Some residents are now moving into Hudson Walk One.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#102 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

The  Hudson parking entrance on Herald has been closed as crews prepare the site for construction. Excavators and such are still some ways away, but we're not seeing the first signs of physical progress.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#103 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

...Excavators and such are still some ways away, but we're not seeing the first signs of physical progress.

I assume you mean we're "now" seeing the first signs of physical progress? This can't happen soon enough for my liking.  :banana:

#104 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

Oops, yup.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#105 Prom2

Prom2
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

I assume you mean we're "now" seeing the first signs of physical progress? This can't happen soon enough for my liking.  :banana:

and so what is this site going to be?   and will this site include the current cement parking lot (above ground / old blanshard entrance) area as well?

#106 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

That will be coming down this fall and winter to make way for two towers and a large podium between them.
  • Mr Cook Street likes this

Know it all.

#107 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

And so what is this site going to be and will this site include the current cement parking lot (above ground / old Blanshard entrance) area as well?

I think this explains things better than I can

...changes to the final phase of the project...will appear before City Hall this fall as the company moves to secure development permits...What those changes are, exactly, will be revealed soon, although Citified has learned the remaining portion of the project will be built in a single phase rather than two and will be comprised of a mix of both market condo residences and rental apartments. The exact ratio of housing types and the volume of units is yet to be decided. In-keeping with the project's overall theme, ground floor commercial usage, perhaps even a multi-storey commercial component, can be expected within the podium of both towers — provided a two tower development is, in fact, still the plan....demolition of the remaining portion of the former Hudson's Bay Department Store parkade along Blanshard Street at Herald Street will begin this fall in order to make way for construction...

http://victoria.citi...-start-in-2017/

#108 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

That will be coming down this fall and winter to make way for two towers and a large podium between them.

As per the above Citified reference Mike, are 2 towers now confirmed?

#109 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

Who's the architect on this now? It's passed through a lot of hands.

#110 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

Is this still going to go for the title of Victoria's tallest building?

#111 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

Nparker, I believe so, and yes, it's approved at 24-storeys.

Rob, I'm not sure who the architect is. It'd be great have a Victoria architect behind the City's tallest building.

Know it all.

#112 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

...It'd be great have a Victoria architect behind the City's tallest building.

Let's hope so!

#113 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

Per yesterday's T-C the parkade will be demolished this week and exact plans for future development will be revealed in 2017.

#114 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

Per yesterday's T-C the parkade will be demolished this week and exact plans for future development will be revealed in 2017.

So maybe the original 24 floors plan may be scaled back or perhaps 27 floors and take back the record from Nanaimo ...

#115 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Scale it back and I'll be royally p****d. :mad:

• 2F2R likes this

#116 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

Constructing a building that's shorter than current zoning allows would be shocking and a huge mistake.
  • 2F2R likes this

#117 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

Constructing a building that's shorter than current zoning allows would be shocking and a huge mistake.

For Victoria, alas, it WOULDN'T be shocking, but it would be a huge mistake.

#118 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

The developer already has zoning for 24 floors in place at this point, as far as I remember anyway. It would be shocking to me for Townline to leave floor space and revenue on the table. This really is a unique opportunity to construct a landmark building.
  • Nparker and 2F2R like this

#119 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

...This really is a unique opportunity to construct a landmark building.

I agree 100%.

• 2F2R likes this

#120 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

Not saying it couldn't happen, but, it would be weird. I'm sure others would almost literally kill for that kind of zoning.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to a 20+ floor building downtown. Hopefully this will be a trailblazer like the Juliet that we can point to as an awesome example of the types of buildings that seriously benefit downtown.
  • Nparker and 2F2R like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users