BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#1381 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:23 PM

Could that be the soil for the external planters?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1382 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:23 PM

...And are those sand bags outside some of the suites?  Was water leaking in during those high winds?

Nothing escapes your telescopic eye Gary.

Capture.JPG

#1383 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

I suspect the bags contain some sort of product to be used inside (plaster/drywall filler?), but I could be wrong.

#1384 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

I think your explanations are better.  The bags are actually on balconies (no railings yet), the camera makes it appear more like a ledge.

#1385 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

The building is so tall it's actually simpler for workers on the higher floors to sleep where they are rather than come all the way down to go home. Hence, those are pillows.

• Bernard and songheesguy like this

#1386 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:06 PM

I'm quite certain they're bags of flour for the on-site mess, for the workers.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1387 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

The building is so tall it's actually simpler for workers on the higher floors to sleep where they are rather than come all the way down to go home. Hence, those are pillows.

Only problem is, they have to contend with errant satellites and space junk at that altitude 

• lanforod likes this

#1388 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

I assume the revolving restaurant on the roof (complete with revolving brick oven for authentic Neapolitan pizza) will require a lot of flour?

#1389 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

^Last time someone tried that the oven rotated so fast the dough stuck to the sides so they changed the restaurant from Italian to Indian.

• lanforod likes this

#1390 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,790 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:54 AM

black press:

Coming in at third overall was a condominium in Victoria. The three-bedroom condo with a total area of 2,288 square feet located in the 700 block of Herald Street closed for 100 per cent of the listed price of $2.859 million after having been on the market for one day. Notably, the condo is in the Hudson Place One project currently under development.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 12 February 2020 - 05:54 AM.

• Nparker and Biro like this

#1391 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:33 PM

Developer of Vancouver Island's tallest building donates $600,000 towards 3T MRI at Royal Jubilee Hospital

The Victoria Hospitals Foundation (VHF) is celebrating a significant donation from Townline, a prominent real estate developer in Victoria and Vancouver. Townline made the $600,000 donation in December 2019, completing the Foundation’s funding of the new 3 Tesla (3T) MRI machine for Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH) as part of its Big Picture campaign.

For Townline President Rich Ilich, the contribution towards one of Victoria’s hospitals is ingrained in the builder’s down-to-earth philosophy of enriching our cities and communities in every way. Townline made its mark on Victoria’s urban landscape with the completion of the downtown heritage conversion, The Hudson in 2010 and has since added 400 rental homes in nearby Hudson Mews, Hudson Walk One and Hudson Walk Two projects to its portfolio in the city’s downtown core, and through its subsidiary TL Housing Solutions, they have consulted and built 395 affordable rental homes in Victoria and Langford for the non-market sector.

“Doing our part means taking care of the health, spirit and well-being of our communities by supporting a variety of social programs, cultural events, and local hospitals,” says Ilich. The developer is no stranger to philanthropic gestures, and carries on a tradition of involvement with local hospitals foundations begun by his late father, Milan Ilich, over 30 years ago.

“Because of Townline’s remarkable gift, our community has successfully met our goal in funding the 3T MRI through the Big Picture campaign,” said Avery Brohman, a/ Executive Director for the Victoria Hospitals Foundation. “This equipment supports not only our patients in Victoria, but those throughout Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands who are referred here for advanced care. Townline’s gift has helped give our physicians and care teams the ability to see what’s happening inside a patient’s body, in real time. We cannot thank them enough for this incredibly philanthropic gesture and for inspiring our team and community.”

The Big Picture is VHF’s largest and most ambitious campaign to-date, aiming to raise $4 million for priority medical imaging equipment for Royal Jubilee and Victoria General hospitals. Launched in November 2019, the community has already given more than $2.7 million towards its fundraising goal, assisted greatly by Townline’s generous and inspiring gift towards the 3T MRI.

MRI scanners are ideal for imaging soft tissues in the body, such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, the brain, and the spinal cord. The advanced 3T MRI — the first of its kind for Island Health — was installed in 2019, improving diagnostic accuracy and reliability for a number of indications, including epilepsy, prostate cancer, breast cancer, and neurological, cerebrovascular, musculoskeletal and cardiac conditions. Almost 25,000 MRI procedures were performed at Royal Jubilee and Victoria General hospitals last year.

With a total project cost of $6 million, cost shared between Ministry of Health, the Capital Regional Hospital District, the Victoria Hospitals Foundation and Island Health, the new 3T MRI has been made possible by generous donations and with contributions from multiple organizations. The unveiling of the 3T MRI was celebrated by the Ministry of Health in

October 2019. Full news release: https://news.gov.bc....HLTH0141-001960

The 3T MRI at Royal Jubilee Hospital contributes to the Province’s surgical and diagnostic strategy, introduced in 2018 to improve timely access to surgery through a more-efficient surgical system, and help the province catch up and keep up with demand. The strategy is working to improve patients’ experiences by focusing on improving surgical pathways, co-ordination of care and information provided to patients.

• Kapten Kapsell and Nparker like this

Know it all.

#1392 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

3 Tesla refers to the strength of the magnet, not the manufacturer. It's powerful enough to tear out your belly button ring.

• dkuitu likes this

#1393 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

One picture from the roof of the Hudson ...

Attached Images

• IMG_3882.jpg

• Nparker and newbie_01 like this

#1394 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

I took pictures and video from the roof, files to big to post here. I have lived in Victoria for 60+ years ... to see the view from the roof of the Hudson, with all the new development over the last five years was amazing. As I walked around all sides, all I could think was, good gravy, there’s a big city down there. New population of greater Victoria on Check6 tonight 400,002 thousand. In 2030, projected to be 480,000.
  • Nparker and Brantastic like this

#1395 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:56 PM

Nice!

Know it all.

#1396 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:01 AM

I must say the above shot shows some pretty ugly buildings in Victoria. I'm sure there are some angles where things look a bit better.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#1397 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

I think the buildings are all beautiful ... in a most beautiful city ...

Edited by 2F2R, 19 February 2020 - 04:04 PM.

#1398 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

Man am I glad I don’t share that opinion ... what a stupid and useless comment, probably a reflection on the posters own life ...

Wrecked

• Matt R. likes this

#1399 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

I must say the above shot shows some pretty ugly buildings in Victoria. I'm sure there are some angles where things look a bit better.

I was actually thinking the same thing when I viewed the photo - not a very flattering picture. Light and camera angles can make quite a difference though.

I still love this city and think it's beautiful.

#1400 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:01 PM

Here's an older pic from October 2019 from a POV that we don't often see:

photo1jpg.jpg
pic from https://www.tripadvisor.ca

Edited by aastra, 21 February 2020 - 06:02 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users