BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#801 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

39023812630_100ff37820_k.jpg

25962256907_f3d39fa729_k.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#802 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

The best part of this, is the excavation is already done; normally that’s around a year before real construction gets going. With this one, upon final approval, it’s build time right away!

#803 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

The crane is not at full height and will be raised.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#804 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

And no doubt disciplined for its indubotfivsion.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#805 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

The crane is not at full height and will be raised.

I can see the girl crane saying "its ok, it happens to a lot of guys cranes, its no big deal"

#806 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

I loooked in the pit today and saw that this project is clearly under construction ... how long will it be before it is added to the "Major Projects Underway" on the front page ...

#807 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Done!

• 2F2R likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#808 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

...this project is clearly under construction ...

CoV Council still needs to make some sort of decision regarding this project, do they not?

#809 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

CoV Council still needs to make some sort of decision regarding this project, do they not?

I think Council is going to consider the development permit this month or next month...

#810 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

I think Council is going to consider the development permit this month or next month...

So actual construction can begin (not just excavation) prior to the issuing of the DP?

#811 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

The underground component is currently proceeding but formal approvals for the variances requested should come later this month.

Know it all.

#812 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

they have probably broken it into 2 contracts, underground and above ground.  its very rare that I have seen them do that, but if they are forming and pouring concrete they need a DP  and a BP

#813 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Townline has its own construction crews. They are moving forward with the underground component because they don't have to wait for the above-ground variances to be approved. This is similar to how they went forward with blasting and site prep.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#814 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

Townline has its own construction crews. They are moving forward with the underground component because they don't have to wait for the above-ground variances to be approved. This is similar to how they went forward with blasting and site prep.

Seems strange to me but I guess thats how it works ... in Victoria ...

#815 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

The process does seem a bit convoluted but I don’t think Townline is going to stick a crane up and start pouring concrete without having a strategy worked out with the City.

Know it all.

#816 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Correction:  Townline doesn't have any construction crews, the entire buildings are subcontracted out

#817 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

They do. They manage the construction and even have their own crews managing other projects in town. All construction sites have subs, even Farmer and Campbell.

Know it all.

#818 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

Have we seen the carriageway rendering before?

Edited by aastra, 04 April 2018 - 08:20 PM.

#819 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

They do. They manage the construction and even have their own crews managing other projects in town. All construction sites have subs, even Farmer and Campbell.

You seem to misunderstand, Townline has a Superintendent, Project Manager and a first aid attendant, that's it.  Farmer and Campbell typically have the previous plus 30 to 40 carpenters and labourers on site as employees doing the formwork.  Townline just hires a formwork subcontractor instead, the last being out of Vancouver.  When you say "own crews" that means they have an army of employees physically doing the work as their employees.

You may not see a difference, but myself as a contractor there is a big difference

#820 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

They also have a small crew of labourers and carpenters. They’re definitely not like your typical developer which contracts out the entirety of the construction process.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users