BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#821 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:57 PM

carriageway.JPG

I have to give kudos to the illustrator. They even remembered to make the trees larger (more mature) on the western side of the carriageway.

#822 Kach

Kach

SteveK

• 277 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

Is that the 1515 Douglas crane in the background...or can we start some rumours?

• jonny likes this

#823 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

They also have a small crew of labourers and carpenters. They’re definitely not like your typical developer which contracts out the entirety of the construction process.

True, some developers are like Townline who act as their own general contractor like Onni, Omicron, Wall Financial, etc.  Some like Chard hire a contractor to do everything for them.  Banks usually like the later as there is significantly less risk

#824 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:36 AM

Today’s the day! Townline will be before the City at a public hearing where it hopes to secure approvals for its variance requests.
  • Kapten Kapsell likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#825 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:54 AM

Today’s the day! Townline will be before the City at a public hearing where it hopes to secure approvals for its variance requests.

I think this one will fly through, especially since Bellwood Park is also on the agenda.
  • Mike K. likes this

#826 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

What happened at the public hearing ???

#827 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

What happened at the public hearing ???

I don't think the public hearing happens until later this evening.

• 2F2R likes this

#828 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

It passed 5-3, Madoff, Isitt and I'm not sure who else opposed.  Helps, Coleman and not sure who else in favour.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 12 April 2018 - 06:50 PM.

• Kapten Kapsell, Nparker and lanforod like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#829 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

It passed 5-3, Madoff, Isitt and I'm not sure who else opposed...

It must have been Ben Jr. Has he ever voted differently than his mentor?

I guess people accessing the roof top deck were going to block Pam's view of the Sooke Hills....and well Ben is just being Ben.

#830 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

It must have been Ben Jr. Has he ever voted differently than his mentor?

Literally 9 seconds before the vote, he spoke into his mike and said he did not yet know how he was voting, then the vote happened.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#831 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

I am unable to fathom what there was to object to the requested variance. 

#832 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

To be fair, Loveday has specifically stated cases where he has not voted along the same lines as Isitt, right here on VV.

• Kapten Kapsell and jonny like this

#833 nrtphotos

nrtphotos
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Does anyone have an idea of how long we are realistically looking at to see pricing and floor plans now that it’s approved?

#834 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:15 PM

This might be my favourite rendering so far.

Hudson Place-1 SW corner.jpg

Nice to see a hint of HP-2

Edited by Nparker, 13 April 2018 - 01:16 PM.

• 2F2R likes this

#835 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

Victoria-approves-25-storey-Hudson-Place-One-Vancouver-Islands-tallest-building.jpg

An artist's rendering of Hudson Place One, looking northeast from Fisgard Street near Douglas Street. The 25-storey will rise to 85-meters above the streets of downtown Victoria and claim the title of Vancouver Island's tallest building.

Victoria approves 25-storey Hudson Place One, Vancouver Island's tallest building

History was made at last night’s City of Victoria council meeting with formal approvals for what will become Vancouver Island’s tallest building.

The 25-storey, 176-unit Hudson Place One mixed-use condominium and retail tower will rise 85-meters (75-meters for residential levels, plus 10-meters for the mechanical penthouse and ornamental crown) above the 700-block of Herald Street at downtown Victoria’s Hudson District. The highrise will surpass Vic West's 66-meter tall Promontory tower, Victoria's current tallest, and Nanaimo’s 76-meter tall Beacon tower.

During a presentation before council and members of the public, Vancouver-based developer Townline outlined the company’s request for several variances to an earlier 24-storey design approved in 2006.

Following a public comment opportunity that saw no constituents speak to the proposed changes, council voted five-to-three to approve Townline’s revisions.

However, confusion among elected officials arose over the tower’s permitted height within its site-specific zone at the Hudson District as well as within its immediate area. [Full article]

• 2F2R and grantpalin like this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#836 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

It passed 5-3, Madoff, Isitt and I'm not sure who else opposed.  Helps, Coleman and not sure who else in favour.

Should have been 8 to 0 but pass is pass....I am surprised there is like zero good faith involved after this company built the first rental building in 30 years followed by two more rental towers.

• Nparker and jonny like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#837 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Now I'm back wondering if the mohawk on top is such a great idea after all. Anyway, can't wait to find out.

#838 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Do we still not know who voted which way? Also is this where the brewpub is going, or is that on the Blanshard corner of the building that is already completed? I've lost track. (And I want a brew pub near the arena!)

#839 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

Do we still not know who voted which way? Also is this where the brewpub is going, or is that on the Blanshard corner of the building that is already completed? I've lost track. (And I want a brew pub near the arena!)

Yeah, it's in the already completed building closest to the arena.
  • Greg likes this

#840 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

The brew pub will be in the building closest physically to the arena.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users