BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#841 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

My favourite aspect of the rendering is the fact that the Jack Davis building has been replaced with a thicket of trees!  And there appear to be trees growing on random balconies up and down the building...

• Nparker likes this

#842 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

My favourite aspect of the rendering is the fact that the Jack Davis building has been replaced with a thicket of trees!  And there appear to be trees growing on random balconies up and down the building...

While I doubt there is any intention to return the JDB to its former arboreal heritage, I believe when completed, HP-1 will actually have living trees on some balconies. They've certainly appeared in many of the renderings I have seen.

#843 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

The trees are on the Blanshard centre median.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#844 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

The trees are on the Blanshard centre median.

I think Kapten Kapsell meant the trees in this rendering:

Hudson Place-1 SW corner.jpg

• Kapten Kapsell and 2F2R like this

#845 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

Indeed I did! Where is Jack Davis hiding?

#846 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

Behind. You can see the iconic round post to the right of HP1. In between HP1 and Mews.

#847 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

Indeed I did! Where is Jack Davis hiding?

If you click on the rendering the JDB is peeking out around HP-1

#848 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

In case any of you missed this piece from the article:

However, confusion among elected officials arose over the tower’s permitted height within its site-specific zone at the Hudson District as well as within its immediate area.

“It’s frustrating that we had to address the building height issue before council despite City staff having articulated that we had already secured approvals for a 72-meter design a decade ago,” said Justin Filuk, Townline’s director of development in Victoria. “Although our variance requests were the outcome of a 75-meter design and permission to include a rooftop terrace for residents, some members of council became apprehensive over the building’s height and appeared unaware of what had already been approved.”

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#849 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

...some members of council became apprehensive over the building’s height and appeared unaware of what had already been approved...

This is what comes of automatically being afraid of anything over 6 meters in height.

#850 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:44 AM

Nothing new from today's T-C article on HP-1, but the latest rendering is pretty nice, although the scale with the Hudson building looks a bit off to me (deliberately so perhaps?). There also appears to be some interesting massing in HP-2 if the shaded parts of the image are at all accurate.

Hudson Place-1 Herald St view.jpg

I imagine the letters to the editor, decrying the end of civilization as we know it will be available soon. 

• 2F2R likes this

#851 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:47 AM

That’s the actual scale. It’s all based off of architectural dewings.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#852 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

It should be a pretty good looking building and great addition to the skyline and urban fabric of that area. Still find that it’s too busy looking, with four different main design elements going on. The wood (copper tone metal?) at the top doesn’t work, although I like the feature itself.

#853 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

That’s the actual scale. It’s all based off of architectural dewings.

Perhaps so, but the Hudson looks too tall in comparison to HP 1. It's probably just the angle of the above rendering and some sort of forced perspective, as the relation between the two buildings doesn't look this way in any other renderings I have seen. (i.e. the original Hudson roof line usually appears aligned with the top of the brick portion of the podium of HP-1)

herald.JPG

#854 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

Does anyone have an idea of how long we are realistically looking at to see pricing and floor plans now that it’s approved?

I would imagine it'll be a couple of months before we see additional information.

Welcome to VV!

Know it all.

#855 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

I think they will launch sales this summer.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#856 David Bratzer

David Bratzer
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:05 PM

From the Times-Colonist:

The $100-million-plus project includes six levels of underground parking, which is likely the deepest parking structure in the city, said Justin Filuk, director of development in Victoria for the Townline Group of Companies.

I'm sure the underground parking at View Towers is as deep, or deeper?  At some point while driving underground you start to see cracks in the ceiling and walls, in-progress remedial construction... and signs of water dripping. Even if you don't have claustrophobia it is difficult not to feel uncomfortable.

#857 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

View Towers has an underground?! I had no idea.

Know it all.

#858 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:33 AM

He must be joking. No way does that swampy land host six underground storeys. 

• Kapten Kapsell and Nparker like this

#859 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:03 AM

I also rarely see cars going in and out.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#860 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

The Hotel Grand Pacific parking garage seems to go down forever.
  • Matt R. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users