BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#861 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:08 AM

The Hotel Grand Pacific parking garage seems to go down forever.

And, not surprisingly, so does the Promontory.

#862 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

My friend used to live at The Residences at College Park in Toronto: this multi-tower complex boasts 7 levels of underground parking. His parking stall was located on P6, and it did seem to take a while to drive up to the surface.

How many public parking stalls will be available at HP1? For security reasons I assume these will be close to the surface(with residential parking further down)...

#863 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

My friend used to live at The Residences at College Park in Toronto: this multi-tower complex boasts 7 levels of underground parking. His parking stall was located on P6, and it did seem to take a while to drive up to the surface.

How many public parking stalls will be available at HP1? For security reasons I assume these will be close to the surface(with residential parking further down)…

The same number that are available at the other Hudson buildings where public parking was promised.

View Towers has underground parking but it is only 3-4 levels if I recall and the ceilings are really low. I also believe that they stopped offering public paid parking years ago.

#864 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:41 AM

Hudson Mews has public parking for shoppers at the market, and Hudson Walk has public parking available on a monthly basis.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#865 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

Hudson Mews has public parking for shoppers at the market, and Hudson Walk has public parking available on a monthly basis.

Hudson Walk has paid monthly parking available for commercial tenants of their buildings as far as I know. You sure that they offer it to the public?

#866 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

The free parking at the Hudson is still there, isn't it? I raved about it on this board a couple of years ago and it seemed like most forumers here didn't know about it.

Edited by aastra, 15 April 2018 - 10:59 AM.

#867 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Yes it is still there.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#868 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

Methinks the following astute observation made by an insightful forumer back in December, 2015 is worth repeating:

For a city that's so hyper-sensitive about paying for parking you'd think free parking right downtown would be a huge deal.

#869 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Capital Iron has free parking.
  • Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#870 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, but for new free parking to open up in an even more downtown-ish location and still be something of a secret (hidden gem?) is rather counter-intuitive, don't you think?

#871 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

Who were the 3 councilors who voted against HP1 - I can take a wild ass guess and almost certainly nail it, but am curious to know for certain - and moreover why did they vote against it? Again I'm sure height played a prominent role - as it always seems to here in Mayberry by the Sea for anything over three floors - but I'm curious to know for sure.

• Nparker likes this

#872 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

The free parking at the Hudson is still there, isn't it? I raved about it on this board a couple of years ago and it seemed like most forumers here didn't know about it.

We are talking about different things I believe. You are referring to the market and I am referring to the condos/rental apartments.

2 bedroom apartments in HW1 are currently being advertised for $2700 a month. 

#873 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

About 256 parking stalls are are being provided for this 176-unit building, so roughly 80 spots will be available for public parking.

#874 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

About 256 parking stalls are are being provided for this 176-unit building, so roughly 80 spots will be available for public parking.

Surely the people that buy the $1M-plus top units are not only going to have one stall.

• jonny likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#875 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

I'm sure they will sell as many stalls as they can.

#876 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:08 PM

I'm sure they will sell as many stalls as they can.

But don't you have to have already in the disclosure statement when you start selling how many are for sale, and how many are for rent?

#877 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

Who were the 3 councilors who voted against HP1 - I can take a wild ass guess and almost certainly nail it, but am curious to know for certain - and moreover why did they vote against it? Again I'm sure height played a prominent role - as it always seems to here in Mayberry by the Sea for anything over three floors - but I'm curious to know for sure.

Issit - not enough affordable housing, too tall

Madoff - too blocky, more sculpted design preferred (something that was nixed, ironically, to make the height more palatable)

Loveday - not enough affordable housing

#878 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

These folks really phone in their objections, don't they?

• jonny likes this

#879 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:02 AM

I remember reading that there was confusion about what exactly was on the table for consideration. It was a Development Permit, not a Rezoning, so the City had little negotiating power when it comes to affordable housing. Townline said outright that the City's lack of process is ridiculous, and they should come up with an actual Affordable Housing Strategy instead of coming up with requests and requirements on the spot (Richmond has this, and although the developers will groan about it sometimes, the overall consensus is that knowing exactly what is required of them before they even propose a project is a huge plus).

There was also apparently confusion over the request for a height variance, with some councillors forgetting about what was already approved ten years ago. 

• Nparker, AllseeingEye, jonny and 1 other like this

#880 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

The height was decided on back in 2006 and supported by the subsequent downtown plan. For Councillor Isitt to complain about the height, despite his own government having already approved it (72m; Townline requested 75m in the variance) and sanctioned it via official plans is interesting.

Madoff had the opportunity to support a taller design that would have yielded a different massing, but she chose not too.

As far as affordable housing goes, the applicant has done more for Victoria's affordable housing equation than most developers. They not only partnered with Pacifica to build Wilson's Walk, they are also building over 150-units on the West Shore as part of two other Pacifica projects and more units are earmarked for those sites. Townline also built over 400-units of purpose-built rentals at the Hudson District at a time when condos would have yielded an instant return and would have been snapped up by the market. None of that appeared to matter to councillors who wanted affordable housing within what is arguably going to be one of Victoria's most up-scale towers.

• Nparker, AllseeingEye, jonny and 4 others like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users