Photo

Prima Strada Pizza | Victoria | Cook Street Village, Fort Street at Foul Bay Road

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

Their new Bridge Street location is supposed to be open today.

#42 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

Bridge Street? Where El Taquito used to be?

#43 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Bridge Street? Where El Taquito used to be?

here are the deets - http://pizzeriaprima...ridgestreet.php

#44 CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

Huh.

That building seems like an odd spot for a food outlet...

#45 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

They'll need that location to help offset some of the rent they're paying at the CSV location.

#46 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

Awesome. Nice to have them much closer to my place.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#47 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

PrimaStrada hits the road

Wood-fired pizza oven is mounted on a trailer

By Darron Kloster, Times Colonist
May 1, 2010 1:20 AM

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0mgcxPsja

#48 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

I have been several times to the CSV location and have loved it, have not tried the Gorge yet but I will . :)

#49 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Gorge (actually Bridge St.) location has lots more seating that CSV. When I was there it was real busy for lunch and my tummy was happy about the visit :)
"I know nothing"

#50 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

The bridge street location (gorge) seems to have expanded recently with a patio type place and open air seating with the bay doors open. All in all I have enjoyed their pizza and love the fresh simplistic flavour combos. Impossible to compare it to Pizza Hut or Dominoes totally different experiences! Order ahead if your in a rush or sit down and enjoy a beverage or two and good conversation with friends while you wait.

#51 legendary

legendary
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

...and now you're an (un)civil servant? G-man, sounds almost identical to my career path.

I actually used to work the wood oven at the old earls (Blanshard @ Fisgard) and remember flinging the dough in the air and playing it up for the Customer Appreciation Tours that used to happen. They played up on the fact that I was the resident Italian and could belt out a few choice operatic notes..

are you somehow comparing Earls to Primia Strata? Thats mind boggeling. You should be ashamed

#52 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

are you somehow comparing Earls to Primia Strata? Thats mind boggeling. You should be ashamed

I'm comparing the quality of the handmade, wood fired pizzas topped with fresh ingredients. Not the restaurants, past or present. Furthermore, it's Prima Strada. Get stuffed.

#53 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

^Not just a comment on this post specifically. But all of a sudden, you're acting like a prick.

Stop it. Be nice and contribute the way you used to. Because I'm sure I'm not the only one that misses the old Fugger.

We all know you're annoyed, but most in charge here are awesome.

Just come back.

#54 legendary

legendary
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:44 AM

I'm comparing the quality of the handmade, wood fired pizzas topped with fresh ingredients. Not the restaurants, past or present. Furthermore, it's Prima Strada. Get stuffed.

Maybe alot has changed since your days at Earls but their dough comes pre-made and frozen. Wood ovens and fresh toppings dont magicly make pre-made food taste good, only better.

#55 KPY

KPY
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

Its not a gas fired oven. All wood baby.

#56 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

Maybe alot has changed since your days at Earls but their dough comes pre-made and frozen. Wood ovens and fresh toppings dont magicly make pre-made food taste good, only better.

Yes, a lot has changed - like the location. Also, I used to make the dough from scratch in the morning and prepped fresh ingredients and sauces, as well - every morning. I have no clue what goes on there, now.

Next time, before being astounded about a statement and subsequently shaming an individual for deigning to take such a position, try actually reading the post. It reduces the tendency of jamming one's foot in one's mouth and looking foolish.

#57 legendary

legendary
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Your right, I shouldn't have made it personal. I had a really bad experience working for Earls Bay Centre, sorry..... back to Prima Strada!

#58 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

Your right, I shouldn't have made it personal. I had a really bad experience working for Earls Bay Centre, sorry..... back to Prima Strada!

Cheers! :D

#59 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

Furthermore, it's Prima Strada. Get stuffed.

So you recommend the stuffed pizza?

#60 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

A year late, but I wasn't aware of these glowing reviews from chef Rob Feenie:

I asked a number of Vancouver chefs where to get a good pie and mostly they just shrugged. I'm pretty sure Rob Feenie understood the question, but he still answered, "Prima Strada in Victoria."

http://www.vanmag.co...couver?page=0,0

This is the best pizza I’ve had in Canada—did I mention I ordered two of the same one?

http://www.westernli...d.Victoria.html

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users