Photo

Parking issues and discussion (City of Victoria & Greater Victoria)

• Please log in to reply
4104 replies to this topic

#4101 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

https://vancouverisl...ok&_gsc=0wj83rW

"The city has allocated $850,000 to pay for the estimated 6,000 free passes"

so is the city saying they have made $850,000 from sunday parking revenues to pay for this because i remember reading that it wasn't going to paid for by my city taxes...

and this would be just for kids living within the boundaries of Victoria proper, so there will be some schools out there where half the kids would get passes but the other half don't (lansdowne middle school for example it sits right on the boarder between victoria and saanich  and it's catchment straddles for both Victoria and Saanich)

Also note that the passes only go to public school students. Students who live in Victoria but attend a private school are not eligible for the program, it looks like.

• tedward likes this

#4102 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

Mike K.

Posted Today, 01:52 PM

It’s only been a couple of weeks. Hardly enough time for Ismo’s department to even order their gold leaf emblazoned letterheads.

I see the "Like this" button, can you add and "Eye roll" button?

Edited by Ismo07, 11 June 2019 - 01:49 PM.

• Mike K., Nparker, Hotel Mike and 5 others like this

#4103 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,111 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:56 PM

Wouldn't it make sense for councillors to direct the Sunday parking revenues towards policing?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4104 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:38 PM

I think the current council has been pretty clear on how they feel about allocating any funds to police. How they got away with making VicPD pay the new health tax while the fire department didn't have to is disgraceful.

#4105 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,111 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

Mike K.

Posted Today, 01:52 PM
It’s only been a couple of weeks. Hardly enough time for Ismo’s department to even order their gold leaf emblazoned letterheads.

I see the "Like this" button, can you add and "Eye roll" button?

I’ll add that to the list, lol.

Just razzin’ you. You know you’re a VIP here :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users