[Fairfield] Farifield Rise | 4-storeys | Built - completed in March 2011

Condo

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

I'd say you're on, but I assume the mods would get pissed at us for gambling for booze in a public thread.

I'm not pissed at you.
:P
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#22 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:29 AM

My mom used to say if there isn't a law against it...

While I am not sorry to see that ugly cinder block building go, this building is not inspiring. I really hope there is some commercial on the bottom.

#23 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

Nimbyism or not, I feel sorry for that neighbour.

#24 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

I really should copy this image, but for now, here's the old law office building from Google Streetview.

#25 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

I won't miss it. Painted cinder block has never been one of my favourites...

#26 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

The developer has released a computer generated rendering on their site.

I wish I could say that this clearer image has quelled my fears - but all I can say is that I'm even more discouraged. I find few redeeming features. Cheap exterior, boring and dated shape - and what's with the carport? Are we reverting back to the 70's?

Oh, and Bob, good thing you didn't have the jubblies to take on my bet, because I would be sipping on a cold one as we speak - on you. :P

#27 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Is it me or do the unit floorplans seem incredibly crowded?

#28 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

^^That's the moneyshot showing the "good" side. What does the back end that looks down on Ross Bay Villa look like? Horrors...
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#29 Yakpi

Yakpi
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

Wow half a mil for a closet? I thought Vancouver was expensive! Price List

#30 phx

phx
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

Yikes! $489,000 for 483 sqft.

I'm tempted to say they are on crack if they think anyone will pay that.

But I've learned to not rule anything out when it comes to real estate.

#31 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

Yikes! $489,000 for 483 sqft.

I'm tempted to say they are on crack if they think anyone will pay that.

But I've learned to not rule anything out when it comes to real estate.

We've now reached the $1K/sq. ft. mark. I thought new downtown condos @$5-600 sq. ft were ridiculous.:confused:
The spirit of P.T. Barnum lives on.

#32 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

The developer has released a computer generated rendering on their site.

I wish I could say that this clearer image has quelled my fears - but all I can say is that I'm even more discouraged. I find few redeeming features. Cheap exterior, boring and dated shape - and what's with the carport? Are we reverting back to the 70's?

Oh, and Bob, good thing you didn't have the jubblies to take on my bet, because I would be sipping on a cold one as we speak - on you. :P

I love clip-art. So inexpensive and easy to use.

#33 Builder_Bob

Builder_Bob
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

The pricelist is the biggest joke I've ever seen. Yes to $1000 sq/ft with views of the cemetary and a car port. What is the developer smoking?

#34 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

Wood frame, too. For a thousand bucks a square foot I expect the carpets to be woven from the chin hairs of baby seals. I want the windows made of cubic zirconia. I expect to turn the faucets and see virgins' tears flow.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#35 phx

phx
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

Should we start a pool on when they will sell, and for how much?

#36 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

Wood frame and what looks like a very cheap hardiplank and cement-board trim finish. Look at all that blank wall. What an uninspired building.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#37 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:38 AM

Get prepared everyone. Real estate in this city has become out of reach for our children.

I spoke with a bartender 25 years ago in Santa Barbara.

He liked living and working there, but had decided to move to another city where he could be close to his children where they could afford to buy a home and raise children of their own.

$ 1K per square foot might seem outrageous now, but it won't be long before it is the norm.

#38 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

I bought in the Mosaic building ten years ago at nearly $300 per square foot. I knew there were cheaper condos in the market but I paid what was then a premium price because of the funky new/old building on Antique Row was worth it..

#39 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:46 AM

I know, when I was a child many of my friends owned their own houses from lemonade-stand money and paper routes and such. Now only adults with "real jobs" seem to be able to afford a place of their own, the government ought to do something :(
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#40 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

The uber-luxury condos at Sayward Hill don't even come close to $1k/sq. ft. and they feature phenomenal views of the strait. The most expensive units clock in at $980k for 1,900 sq. ft. which works out to $516 sq. ft.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users