• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#1 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

...yes it just goes on and on my friends!

We seem to have most of the bases covered with all of the dedicated threads, but how about a general OT thread? It would be good for casual chat instead of starting new threads all the time.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

A place for fish puns?
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#3 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

A plaice for fish puns?

Fixed ;)
  • darlenet8 likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#4 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

Well this sure fizzled :(

#5 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Do we have a thread for accidents caused by deer?

DEER ENCOUNTERS TAKING TOLL ON SAANICH ROADS
Nov 3, 2009
http://www.cfax1070....hp?newsId=11202

SAANICH POLICE REPORT A RASH OF INCIDENTS YESTERDAY AND LAST NIGHT INVOLVING DEER IN TRAFFIC.

THERE WERE FIVE INCIDENTS YESTERDAY ALONE...THREE OF THEM INSIDE OF ONE HOUR LAST EVENING.

FOUR DEER WERE HIT...AND ONE DRIVER WAS REAR-ENDED AFTER SLAMMING ON THE BRAKES TO AVOID A DEER. [.....]

#6 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

Why do people insist on following so close?

I was on Dallas road a couple of years ago. I saw a ball roll into the road and covered my brakes. I saw the dog chace the ball into the road and came within a foot of hitting the Yellow Lab with the center of my front bumper. And I wasn't even using bridgestones!

Fortunately the driver behind me wasn't following too closely.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,361 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Maybe it had something to do with the full moon? I encountered at least six deer last night all in separate areas except for two that were munching on grass along the same road (but not together).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

I saw the dog chace the ball

This can be the "interesting spelling" thread.....

I think that those deer just wanted to join the zombie walk.

Back to the earlier fish theme (..."plaice"...) does anybody else have the koi on their home page that you can feed by clicking on them? Isn't it weird how you feel guilty if you haven't fed them for a while? and if I feed them just before I shut down I worry whether they've had enough time to eat........
Pieta VanDyke

#9 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

I had a sore throat and a slight fever (maybe it wasn't a fever, I didn't measure, but I felt a bit flush) for the last couple of days. Better now tho. Thought I was getting piggy flu :o

#10 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

I used to think I was pretty smart until I realized I can't even understand Grade 1 homework.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#11 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

I used to think I was pretty smart until I realized I can't even understand Grade 1 homework.

Crap, does this mean I have to take grade 1 again?

#12 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 12,419 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:51 PM

Ouch that was hard!

#13 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

does anybody else have the koi on their home page that you can feed by clicking on them? Isn't it weird how you feel guilty if you haven't fed them for a while? and if I feed them just before I shut down I worry whether they've had enough time to eat........

Barra I struggle with similar digital guilt issues over the video game characters I've abandoned over the years.
Not even going to start about my childhood stuffed toys and dolls. Suffice to say, I can't read "The Velveteen Rabbit" without crying.
If you ever find a therapist that specializes in this type of overburdened conscience, feel free to share.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.

#14 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

Not even going to start about my childhood stuffed toys and dolls.

I still have all of mine and will pass them on to my kids. There's a photo of me somewhere as a baby with one of the bears that I still have.

#15 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

Do them a favour. Don't read them the Velveteen rabbit.

#16 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 401 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

^

Is dat rabit maid owt of velveeta cheese?

mmmmmm

#17 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

^

No Sweetie, it's made of nice, soft material like Mommy's dressing gown. :)

#18 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:46 AM

Actually it is made of pure, unadulterated guilt trip.

#19 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

This is one of the saddest, yet most amusing sights we've ever seen. A $1.6 million Bugatti Veyron sitting in a salt water lagoon, door open, in two feet of nasty, corrosion-inducing muddy water. While the sight is sad, how the event allegedly transpired is downright hilarious. The unnamed owner of the vehicle, traveling through Galveston, Texas to look at some high-end property, was reportedly talking on his cell phone when a low-flying pelican distracted him. The driver swerved to avoid the big bird, dropped his cell phone, and in the process the front passenger tire hit a mud patch.

A quad-turbo, 16-cylinder engine may be able to get you to 60 mph in under three seconds, but it doesn't work well with mud, so the supercar made a b-line for an adjacent lagoon. The ultra rare Veyron (reportedly one of 15 copies here in the States) was still running after it rested nearly belt-line high in the salt water, as local news affiliate KHOU reported the 1,000+ hp engine "gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died." It probably would have been a great idea to kill power to the engine (and even shut the door) once the Veyron hit the muck, but hey, what do we know?

Hit the jump to watch video of the Veyron as it is extracted from its salty abyss. And if you own a Veyron, let this be a lesson to you that having money doesn't necessarily mean you have the skill to drive a supercar, especially when you're on the phone.

Somehow someone managed to catch it on video...

This is why you don't yap on your phone and drive, folks.

#20 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,931 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hmm.. I must stop buying those rolls of uncooked cookie dough. They don't make it to the baking sheet.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.