This is the thread that never ends...

• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#21 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Random thought #1:
People that don't drive slam your car door way too hard.

Edited for poor writing

#22 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Random thought #1:
People that don't drive, slam your car door way to hard.

I admit I'm guilty of this. I blame years of being a passenger in crappy 1970s cars with huge long doors that never shut properly unless you flung them closed with all your might.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#23 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:53 PM

Think of it like this: if you can't shut a car door with your single finger, it's probably A broken door or the car is more than ten years old. Mind you - habit has nothing to do with logic.

#24 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

I don't think I know anybody with a car less than 10 years old. I need wealthier friends.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#25 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,219 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

Random thought #1:
People that don't drive slam your car door way too hard.

Edited for poor writing

My car has frameless windows so that means passengers usually close the door leaving fingerprints and scratches on the paint ABOVE the handle... :mad: I have two big scratches on the passenger side an inch above the handle from someone's ring.

I still need to print this and put it clearly visible in the car somewhere...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#26 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

I am also guilty in this regard. I slam car doors way too hard. One of my friends winces when I go to shut the door. I am trying to be better about it, but I forget from time to time. I too blame it on the beaters I've known in the past. Hell, I remember my ex's truck you had to not only slam but also lift. It's a hard habit to forget!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#27 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,219 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

No one is above suspicion...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#28 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

This seems like a good place to share one of my favourite webcomics: xkcd.com
*Disclaimer: If you are not a geek, do not follow this link. You won't get it.

Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.

#29 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

^There should be a "Did you try turning it off and on?" box.

#30 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,219 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

Work is incredibly boring today and I am stuck here until 6, so no watching the Christmas parade for me :( On 3.5 hours of sleep and I ran out of coffee 2 hours ago.

#31 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

^
Don't eat any soporific foods.

#32 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,219 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

^
Don't eat any soporific foods.

I was invited to dinner last night and somehow managed to stay awake long enough to to go watch the waves at the Oak Bay Marina at midnight last night :P

My upstair's neighbors passionate lovemaking ruined my sleep this morning. You'd think I was living at the view towers or something but I'm sure the concrete construction is actually more luxurious.

#33 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Is anyone else watching "Sons of Anarchy" right now? It's a sort of Shakespearian biker drama, reminds me a bit of "Deadwood" - another excellent show. For anyone who grew up on the west coast around biker culture, they have done it very well. The writing is absolutely fantastic.

#34 LJ

LJ
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm watching it Cara, got two more episodes on the PVR ready to go tonight.

Deadwood, what a fantastic series that was, ended way to soon. I wonder what the cause for that was. Everyone I know loved it.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#35 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

Deadwood was amazing. The writing was fantastic. I have no idea why it ended but it seems like all the really fantastic shows end early, while the pulp formula writing (no disrespect to SG1, the CSIs, House, etc) goes on for seasons and seasons without end.

Le sigh.

#36 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 12,714 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

What is SG1?

#37 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

I have all three seasons of Deadwood on DVD. I highly recommend it (and I absolutely hate westerns). Apparently negotiations for a fourth season broke down. They tried negotiating for a couple of TV movies to wrap it up but those negotiations broke down too. The sets were disassembled and the actors moved on to other projects. A G**d*** c***s****** shame.

If you like Deadwood you should watch Six Feet Under, another HBO series. It was allowed to come to its natural conclusion and the final season is spectacular. You won't forget it.

The next series I want to watch is The Wire.

#38 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,743 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

A G**d*** c***s****** shame.

What's the matter? Word filter got yer tongue? ;)

I caught a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy when I was lounging about in the evenings while in Hawaii. I wasn't even aware it aired in Canada. Decent show.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#39 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

I just watched the last two episodes of Sons of Anarchy.
****ing amazing!

SG1 was stargate SG1. I'm working my way through all 10 seasons. It's TV to do dishes by.

The only other thing out there right now that really wows me is Lie to Me. The writing is pretty good, & the acting is exceptional. It's a smart version of Castle/The Mentalist/Medium/etc/etc/etc

#40 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

Are frozen chicken fingers fully cooked in the box or raw?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users