• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#41 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

Are frozen chicken fingers fully cooked in the box or raw?

Check the box, usually need to be fully cooked, so don't snack on them like popsicles :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#42 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

^
They're generally precooked.

#43 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:29 PM

Are frozen chicken fingers fully cooked in the box or raw?

They cook them before they put them in the box, but hey, you never know!

#44 LJ

LJ
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

The next series I want to watch is The Wire.

That also is a great series. I loved it. The only downside for me was that there were so many black folks talking in colloquialisms that I had to turn the closed captioning on and do a lot of pausing.:o
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#45 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

^
They're generally precooked.

The ones I have had haven't been precooked, which is why it would be best to check the box to be sure :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#46 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

Ok, isn't it a bit late in the year to have to be dealing with wasps? :o

My wireless thermometer said it was 39 degrees on my deck this morning, so I poked my head out to see the sun shining down right on the temp sensor. Then I noticed the need for Raid, a wasp trapped on the deck.. How he got past the screens I don't know :(

#47 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

They are probably dying anyhow, if they are out this late.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#48 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

With leaky condo owners hung out to dry (or stay wet), I suppose there is no recourse against the builder who conveniently forgot to install any sort of sound insulation in my place...

Between him peeing and her using the microwave (yes, I can hear the beep beep noise through the floor... it's becoming quite invasive. And that's the least of the noises.

Anyone want to trade places?:rolleyes:

#49 phx

phx
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hmm, I wonder what it would cost to have your ceiling redone with proper sound insulation? Something of a messy job, but maybe not hugely expensive.

You've probably got a textured ceiling also; you could have it redone with a smooth surface.

#50 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

They are probably dying anyhow, if they are out this late.

Pretty late now for wasps. I got stung by one in October 1990, at 4:50am, and spent 4 hours in hospital after my allergic reaction. I think they get meaner late in the season.

#51 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

Pretty late now for wasps. I got stung by one in October 1990, at 4:50am, and spent 4 hours in hospital after my allergic reaction. I think they get meaner late in the season.

They certainly get dopier.

I don't know if I am allergic to them, better not take the chance. I had one in my kitchen once, I unloaded half a can of Raid on it.

I remember when I was 12 or so, I got stung by some nasty black and white thing. All I remember is taking a 4 hour nap shortly after but I don't think that was a reaction. I dunno. nasty things.:mad:

I think what I'll do is remove the screens in the windows on my deck and install screens on the sliding doors to the living room and bedrooms. This way if a wasp gets into the deck area it can fly away easier.

#52 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hmm, I wonder what it would cost to have your ceiling redone with proper sound insulation? Something of a messy job, but maybe not hugely expensive.

You've probably got a textured ceiling also; you could have it redone with a smooth surface.

I was thinking about that, but not right now. This kitchen/flooring project is pushing $26k.

Ideally, I'd like to rip down the drywall, insulate between the joists (there's nothing there now), use isolation clips between the joists and drywall, then two layers of drywall with green glue between (http://www.greengluecompany.com/)

Their stomping can be felt down the walls and through my floor, so I don't know how much it would really help.

#53 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

They get confused and crazy before they die.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#54 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

They get confused and crazy before they die.

I'm confused and crazy most of the time, I hope there's no link between humans and wasps!

#55 LJ

LJ
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

With leaky condo owners hung out to dry (or stay wet), I suppose there is no recourse against the builder who conveniently forgot to install any sort of sound insulation in my place...

Between him peeing and her using the microwave (yes, I can hear the beep beep noise through the floor... it's becoming quite invasive. And that's the least of the noises.

Anyone want to trade places?:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like you should have saved the kitchen reno money and moved to a better building.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#56 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Sounds to me like you should have saved the kitchen reno money and moved to a better building.

I'm starting to think the same thing. :(

#57 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

You'll make your money back on you kitchen when you decide to sell your place. If it's done well, of course.

#58 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

Not going to sell any time soon. But I think I'll install a few of these on the ceiling :P

http://www.thebuttki...ucts/bk_lfe.htm

#59 http

http

Data Sans Practicality

• 1,024 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

Ok, isn't it a bit late in the year to have to be dealing with wasps? :o

My wireless thermometer said it was 39 degrees on my deck this morning, so I poked my head out to see the sun shining down right on the temp sensor. Then I noticed the need for Raid, a wasp trapped on the deck.. How he got past the screens I don't know :(

Electronic countermeasures.
"Who are those slashdot people? They swept over like Mongol-Tartars." - F. E. Vladimirovna

#60 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Electronic countermeasures.

I have an electric bug zapper, but the Raid kills them from several feet away :D

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users