Photo

Cable/internet/satellite rates: how much are you paying?

• Please log in to reply
1171 replies to this topic

#561 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

I had a lady call me from the Shaw loyalty office and offered me the fastest speed they have, more tv and specialty channels and free phone for $55 less a month than I am paying now. Then she switches you over to a pre-recorded legal statement and then you get back with her again and she asks if you agree to sign for two years. I said would I be able to go on a seasonal hold for 6 months every year on the new plan - no I would not, so over the year it would cost about $700 more to get the savings monthly.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#562 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Is anyone else experiencing issues logging onto TELUS Webmail today?

#563 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:39 AM

It's down, apparently, according to Is It Down Right Now: http://www.isitdownr....telus.net.html

• Nparker likes this

#564 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

Thanks Jackerbie. You certainly can't get this info from TELUS' web pages.  :mad: Looks like I am not the only to feel this way

Keeps says network error, funny how they never mention these things on their support pages.

#565 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

It's happening again. I haven't been able to properly log into my Telus webmail since about noon.  :mad:

error.JPG

Anyone else?

#566 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

You're still using ISP provided email? :o

• Matt R. and thundergun like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#567 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

You're still using ISP provided email? :o

I was gonna say....

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#568 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

You're still using ISP provided email? 

Yup. It works just fine 99% of them time.

#569 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:34 PM

Dropped Telus Optik TV and DSL internet last October. Was paying about $150/month. Went to Shaw's 150 plan for internet, running me about $55/month. I can mostly follow current TV shows by streaming via the respective network's website to my TV via Chromecast. MLB TV for baseball, Netflix for anything else.

Been using Outlook webmail with a custom domain for quite a while, really saves on the hassle when juggling ISPs!

#570 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

^ thats the promo price; 99/mo after 6 months.  Both Shaw and Telus are ripoffs lately. My Telus Internet has gone up $10 or 11 per month over the past couple of years, about 17% or so. That's nuts. 

We need a new provider that isn't a reseller.

#571 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:48 PM

Every 6 months-to-a year I manage to fight long enough with Telus' loyalty department to get my bundled services back to something reasonable. I am currently paying just under $100/month for cable/internet/phone (yes I still have a land line). It's just easier for me to have one provider.

#572 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Do you want Telus to finally build a world-class architectural masterpiece on the Apex site? Then shut up and pay your bill. And don't ask for discounts. In fact, add a few bucks to your bill, architects don't work for free ya know.

I don't care--I have Shaw. :D 

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker and lanforod like this

#573 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

...I don't care--I have Shaw. :D

Have they sent you a bill for this yet?

shaw-center.jpg

• Rob Randall, sebberry and lanforod like this

#574 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:28 PM

Every 6 months-to-a year I manage to fight long enough with Telus' loyalty department to get my bundled services back to something reasonable. I am currently paying just under $100/month for cable/internet/phone (yes I still have a land line). It's just easier for me to have one provider.

That's not too bad.

I'm still with Juce.  $42 for 25Mbps internet.  I pay Shaw $30 something for the basic HD TV package, and my cell phone is now $70 (was $110 before their 10GB data/unlimited everything else promo)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#575 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Yup. It works just fine 99% of them time.

Feature wise you're so much better off with something like Outlook.com

I made the switch a few years ago and haven't looked back. 

Hey, does anyone have any details about Telus' plan to install (for FREE) fiber optic lines to suites in apartment stratas? 

We got a letter from them stating they want to do that, but we need to give them marketing access to residents and common areas.  I don't think the letter was actually from Telus, either.

#576 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

Not really rate related, but certainly value related; this weekend we bought and set up a mesh network, Google Wifi, and hot damn it’s fast. We were having problems getting solid wifi throughout the house, and tried using repeaters but didn’t have a lot of luck.

10 minute set up with the mesh network and we are seeing speeds as high as 170mbps in the corners of the house, places where we were having problems just getting a reliable connection before.

Money well spent!

Matt.
  • rjag and GaryRanson like this

#577 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:17 AM

I'm shocked to see so many people still have cable TV, most people I know cut the cord and watch netflix including me

#578 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

Hey, does anyone have any details about Telus' plan to install (for FREE) fiber optic lines to suites in apartment stratas? 

We got a letter from them stating they want to do that, but we need to give them marketing access to residents and common areas.  I don't think the letter was actually from Telus, either.

How do you mean marketing access?  To post a feature sheet in the garbage room, or slip letters under doors? 

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#579 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:42 AM

Not really rate related, but certainly value related; this weekend we bought and set up a mesh network, Google Wifi, and hot damn it’s fast. We were having problems getting solid wifi throughout the house, and tried using repeaters but didn’t have a lot of luck.

10 minute set up with the mesh network and we are seeing speeds as high as 170mbps in the corners of the house, places where we were having problems just getting a reliable connection before.

Money well spent!

Matt.

How many do-dads did you have to buy to scatter around?

#580 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

Probably to let them enter the building and set up a contact point in the lobby to arrange appointments to visit them. They can be very persuasive and not quite pushy, but they are trained to not take no for an answer. If you consider it, I would suggest having them put in writing exactly what 'access' means and you should in turn provide them with a set of guidelines so as to not take advantage of folks, because it may appear the Strata endorsed them by allowing them access

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users