Aerial photos of Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#41 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:29 PM

All's I need now is that soundtrack to Psycho and have those renderings somehow pulsate and move in and out on the above picture!

http://www.amazon.co... ... 42-0584067

#42 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:27 AM

Capitol 6 :shock:

#43 aastra

aastra
  • 14,070 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:56 AM

See what I mean about that giant outdoor deck on top of the EMI/EMP? It's huge.

#44 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

This is Oak Bay, looking northwest from Willows. It was taken by " thebugs' " from flickr.

Check out the almost full parking lot at the airport.

#45 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

As renthefinn would say, that's not very pedestrian friendly hey!!! :lol:

#46 tnano

tnano
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

Hey all, this is "tnano" from flickr. I take the aerial photos of Victoria every once in a while. I've just posted a few more on my site today: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tnano/

I welcome any special requests for photos, and will try and get them if I'm in the position. I don't usually just fly over Victoria but I am scheduled to do multiple flights all weekend Nov 18,19 for short tours over the city. However I will be the pilot so I cannot put very much effort into the photography as I must fly the plane!

If anyone is very keen to get a specific aerial shot, I'll gladly donate my time and fly you wherever for the cost of operating the aircraft. In a small light Cessna it is about 120.00 an hour, or 2.00 a minute. So a 40 minute flight would be about 80 dollars.

This is one of my favorites because these night shots are very hard in a moving plane without a tripod.

And some more:

#47 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:10 PM

great pics
i like the 2nd one

#48 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 12,529 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:13 PM

That night shot is awesome!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,525 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:13 PM

Right on, thanks tnano!

Maybe we'll actually take you up for the offer sometime soon. That'd be pretty wild :D

Btw, have you ever flown student pilots out of the Victoria Flying Club? I was looking at your photo on your flickr account and you look a bit familiar.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#50 aastra

aastra
  • 14,070 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:13 PM

#51 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

/\ It's Corazon Madness 7 for one Sale now at Crazy Buildings 'R Us!! :D

wild thing is that all those buildings, even at their significant height don't make much of a difference in that aerial picture!! Maybe all the Hudson buildings, The Well really won't be that overwhelming afterall :wink:

thanks a k-billion Tnano for those incredible pics of yours, I look forward to them every time! I think we should take you up on your offer, and go out some time in the spring when aerial pictures are much prettier than the upcoming winter.

If you could some more pictures of the north end of downtown and Harris Green. This one might be more difficult: a far off shot which sorta shows the whole southern tip of Victoria, with downtown clearly visible along with the Olympic Mountains, Mount Baker, several freighters, sea planes, helicopter, the Coho, Victoria Clipper, killer whales, kite surfers all in one. Please and Thank You. If not, even the first few on that list would be cool!

Oh btw, check out this thread on Skyscraper Page, to see more people drooling over your great Victoria pictures:

http://forum.skyscra...ad.php?t=118526

thanks again for sharing!

#52 aastra

aastra
  • 14,070 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:52 PM

wild thing is that all those buildings, even at their significant heigh don't make much of a difference in that aerial picture!! Maybe all the Hudson buildings, The Well really won't be that overwhelming afterall

This was my point. A tower twice as tall as Corazon doesn't really look so tall from that angle, does it? That's it, I'm a believer now.

A Y-lot sized building would also seem to be a good fit for the Pandora lot.

#53 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

Yo tnano. Great pics!
If you're taking requests, could you try and grap a frame or two of South Fairfield closer to Cook St and Dallas road?
That would be saweet!

#54 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:12 AM

Yes that is a very very nice offer. I would love to take you up on it. I am sure a few others would too.

anyone else want to do this.

How many can you take?

#55 tnano

tnano
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the compliments! The airplane is a Cessna 172, which can hold a total of 4 people, so 3 passengers. The back windows aren't the greatest for shooting and some photos may have glare and some color distortion (may be fixed in photoshop). The person sitting up front can have the window open if they would like. This enables you to get the strait down shots and no window effects.
I'll write down those requests and try and get the shots next time I go flying but it is tough getting certain shots when I'm flying and the weather probably isn't going to be the greatest for many of the flights. I was a passenger when I took the recent photos.

#56 bcradio

bcradio
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

/\ It's Corazon Madness 7 for one Sale now at Crazy Buildings 'R Us!! :D
This one might be more difficult: a far off shot which sorta shows the whole southern tip of Victoria, with downtown clearly visible along with the Olympic Mountains, Mount Baker, several freighters, sea planes, helicopter, the Coho, Victoria Clipper, killer whales, kite surfers all in one. Please and Thank You. If not, even the first few on that list would be cool!
thanks again for sharing!

Points for half a request?

#57 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 12,529 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

Nice one! Good to have you here!.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#58 bcradio

bcradio
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:03 PM

Hampton Park in the morning:

#59 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

so you're thebugs from flickr?

all kidding aside great picture!!

and a great picture of the north end of downtown here:

http://static.flickr...821ad346a_o.jpg

lots of great Victoria photographers on here! another one of my favs on Flickr is Rod Graves. He turn the ordinary into the extraordinary, and finds beauty in the overlooked corners of Victoria

#60 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

Welcome tnano and bcradio, your pics are awesome, keep up the good work!
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users