Photo

Christmas Eve Dining

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 LJ

LJ
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 08:19 PM

My wife cooked our big turkey dinner yesterday so we could deliver a Christmas dinner to her parents today. We are going to be eating turkey for awhile.

• Matt R. likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 08:25 AM

The missus made a roast in the crockpot, I made pierogis and their mini cousin uszka (mushroom is the filling) and mum brought barszcz (I don’t know to spell it) for the uszka. Christmas Eve lunch was homemade pulled pork sandwiches, lol, and desert was Scottish shortbread the missus made and German almond bread (a robot made).

Normally we have a large family affair with turkey and all that stuff but this year with being apart we decided to put together something different for the three of us.
  • Matt R. and todd like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 12:32 PM

Nothing like an authentic Polish Christmas when the szlwchzył gather round the kłzcżhjhśzw for some wzślzhcńzhw.

We had a big Christmas Eve feast at the Quadra Keg. Everything was professional and staff were sanitizing everthing as well as I've ever seen. 

• Mike K., Matt R., jasmineshinga and 1 other like this

#24 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 09:38 PM

I’m surprised you don’t just make your own meal kits from the cooler at work. Certainly cheaper...

Oooh there are a lot of steps but I suspect I will throw the instruction book in the recycling.

We’ve been using these meal delivery boxes a few days a week since we reopened in May, they’ve been a real life saver. Grocery store is a hassle, kid transitioned to university online this year, mom and dad working nearly every day since spring, so the other kid has learned how to make these meals and it’s great!

I often think about opening for chistmas eve and day, as the business would be there for sure but then I think nahhhhhh lol.

Matt.

#25 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 10:14 PM

My wife cooked our big turkey dinner yesterday so we could deliver a Christmas dinner to her parents today. We are going to be eating turkey for awhile.

Got a nice big farm fresh one so fresh it was terrifying to prepare but delicious. Did cook it upside down but did not get it stuck on my head but did get one of those turkey hats that makes it look like you did.

Edited by todd, 25 December 2020 - 10:27 PM.

#26 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,985 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 11:09 PM

I’m surprised you don’t just make your own meal kits from the cooler at work. Certainly cheaper...

Oh believe me, we eat a LOT of meal kits from work and have for eight years, haha. We have a somewhat limited (especially lately) and static menu so we run out of variety and the meal kits are a nice, easy switch up that the kids can rock out when others are too busy. Nice coming home at 6 pm on a Wednesday and dinner is ready when I walk in the door and I didn’t have to do anything.

Most weeks since May I’m 70 hours a week, it’s worth the extra bucks for the simplicity in our lives. It’s been a wild nine months!

The recipe cards are a big part of the value. We have saved them all and will go back through and use them to do exactly as you suggest. My son can make a list with required amounts for four (or five), text it to me and I can shop at work for a few days worth.

Matt.

Edited by Matt R., 25 December 2020 - 11:12 PM.

• todd and RoadRunner like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users