Photo

[Trans Canada Highway] McKenzie Interchange - McKenzie Avenue, Admirals Road and TCH

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#1761 FogPub

FogPub
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:58 AM

I like how the CoV pretends they have a timing system for traffic lights....they clearly don't.

Actually they sort of do for some stretches of road...at least for a while after they get reset.  But then over the following months the lights slowly go out of synch until eventually it's almost random.

The lights on Pandora from Cook to the water were synched quite well for about 40-45 kmh when the bike lane opened (provided there wasn't much traffic), but that's not so much the case now that some time has passed and tiny timing differences have added up to throwing them out of synch.

#1762 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,864 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:22 AM

Interesting.  I haven't observed the 'clock drift' issue myself, but then again I've been taking a different route to work due to the condition of Quadra street lately.  Bodes well for the accuracy of the proposed automated enforcement on the Malahat...

• Bingo likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1763 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 44,458 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

The city has undertaken a traffic light study, no?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.