• 20,741 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

What would the connection be?

#62 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

Plenty of activity on-site as the old warehouse gets gutted.

The building is now deconstructed down to the floor slab, no roof or walls.

#63 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

^Too bad, I had wanted to get a photo of the exterior--you could still see the ghost of the ancient Sno-Boy logo.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#64 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Lots of activity on site in recent weeks. Looks like the concrete foundation preserved from the previous building is almost ready for framing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#65 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

A webcam has been setup overlooking the new BMW sales centre development site.

http://vbmw.dyndns.org:51000/

The username is: user

Leave the password field empty. Allow a few moments for the connection to configure and the stream to start.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#66 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Steel framing is now going up.

Know it all.

#67 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Glass and facade are going up.

Know it all.

#68 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Glass and facade are going up.

Is there a thread about the old BMW dealership? I heard around town today that Speedway (recently purchased by Three Point Motors) is moving into what will soon be the old BMW dealership on Cook @ Pandora. I found that to be very depressing. Can anyone confirm?

#69 Yippy Ki A

Yippy Ki A
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Is there a thread about the old BMW dealership? I heard around town today that Speedway (recently purchased by Three Point Motors) is moving into what will soon be the old BMW dealership on Cook @ Pandora. I found that to be very depressing. Can anyone confirm?

Apparently the Audi portion of Speedway will be going into what will be a remodelled dealership at Yates and Cook. Porsche and VW will still be on Douglas St but in separate showrooms.

#70 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Why do you find that depressing? I don't think it's a totally inappropriate area for a couple of car dealerships.

#71 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

Why do you find that depressing? I don't think it's a totally inappropriate area for a couple of car dealerships.

IMHO, it's a way better use for the property if it was residential or mixed use. I'd rather see an automall on the outskirts or even centralized around "midtown" Douglas Street - but that's just me.

#72 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

IMHO, it's a way better use for the property if it was residential or mixed use. I'd rather see an automall on the outskirts or even centralized around "midtown" Douglas Street - but that's just me.

I don't disagree, but to me there are many other parking lots and mud pits downtown that need to be developed before the car dealerships on Cook. I don't think that these well maintained car lots detract at all from the neighborhood. At least they are successful businesses with decent looking buildings.

I'm actually happy the BMW location is going to be occupied by another business. I was afraid that it might end up sitting vacant, which would be a much bigger blight than an Audi dealership.

#73 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

The new Audis are much sexier than new BMWs in my opinion. I look forward to seeing S5s and a R8 or two lining cook street. Could be worse....GM could be coming to the corner!

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#74 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

The new Audis are much sexier than new BMWs in my opinion. I look forward to seeing S5s and a R8 or two lining cook street. Could be worse....GM could be coming to the corner!

Audi will never bring the car I want to North America, nor will I ever be able to afford it.

The cars that are here are nice, but they left all the good ones on the other side of the pond :(

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#75 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

Audi will never bring the car I want to North America, nor will I ever be able to afford it.

The cars that are here are nice, but they left all the good ones on the other side of the pond :(

Cant argue with that...my dream Audi is the A6 Allroad 3 litre turbo deisel with manual trans or the RS6 Avant in Manual!!!:)

#76 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:17 AM

I would be fine with the dealerships if they were more just like stores you see in other city's with far less on site parking. Even the Volvo Dealership is slightly better in this regard.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#77 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

We're seeing quite the auto dealership shuffle over the last two years. First Victoria Motors (GM) vacates their giant space on Finlayson, then Jaguar/Land Rover starts building a new four/five-storey dealership on Douglas, then BMW starts building a new dealership and now we hear that Audi is moving to the old BMW flogging grounds.

And recall that in the early 2000's Volvo built a new dealership at Douglas and Hillside.

Know it all.

#78 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

I wonder why dealerships have to be so nice? I do all my research online - like read 10 reviews and watch 5 youtube video and I visit a few forums to see what current owners say. Personally I would rather go to Langford to a modest showroom, test drive the Audi S5 and sign the paperwork (if I had the cash) and save a thousand or two.

The new BMW dealership can't be cheap....they have to pay back for it somehow.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#79 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

I wonder why dealerships have to be so nice? I do all my research online - like read 10 reviews and watch 5 youtube video and I visit a few forums to see what current owners say. Personally I would rather go to Langford to a modest showroom, test drive the Audi S5 and sign the paperwork (if I had the cash) and save a thousand or two.

The new BMW dealership can't be cheap....they have to pay back for it somehow.

The only problem with Langford showrooms is service - if you need to drop the car off for work you're stuck in Langford unless they're a dealer that gives out loaners.

And rjag: Nothing like a family wagon with a 500hp Lambo V10 in it, is there? :P Although I think I'd take the RS4 Avant. Big cars are fun, but I think I'd rather drive something a little smaller.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#80 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

And rjag: Nothing like a family wagon with a 500hp Lambo V10 in it, is there? :P Although I think I'd take the RS4 Avant. Big cars are fun, but I think I'd rather drive something a little smaller.

Yup, I have the last of the V8's in the S4 and love that burble it makes. I nearly bought an RS4 Sedan but have a large dog

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users