[Vic West] BMW / Mini dealership | Built - completed in 2012

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#101 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

A station is part of Bayview.

Are there some drawings that show the station, as it would be interesting to show them here.

#102 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Apparently residents of Bayview are complaining that the roofing material on the BMW dealership is too reflective and disrupts anyone gazing east on a sunny day.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#103 Brick and Mortar

Brick and Mortar
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

A car lot is the wrong development for that site.

Residential would have been better, with an E&N railway station, a transit exchange and some shops on the bottom levels.

What a lack of foresight.

Residential was not an economical option with the level of remediation that would have been needed. Also, at the time this former owner decided to dispose of this asset, the market was not favorable for a mixed use commercial/residential development. Aside from this, the view corridors that are required to be retained for the surrounding developments further created a challenge to try and maximize density in a high rise build out scenario.

While a flagship auto sales centre may not be the ultimate highest and best use, it is going to be much better than a derelict warehouse in a burgeoning area.

#104 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria Brick and Mortar.

You have a point there.

#105 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Once Dockside Green fills in, the BMW dealership will have plenty of people nearby who can afford the maintenance on a German car :)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#106 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

The road is going to be wider. I noticed today that the sidewalk is set back about a metre or more than the current one

#107 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Apparently residents of Bayview are complaining that the roofing material on the BMW dealership is too reflective and disrupts anyone gazing east on a sunny day.

If something that minor annoys them, the construction on the other side of the building should give them apoplectic fits.
In chains by Keynes

#108 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

The road is going to be wider. I noticed today that the sidewalk is set back about a metre or more than the current one

Likely to accommodate bike lanes, I'm guessing.

If something that minor annoys them, the construction on the other side of the building should give them apoplectic fits.

I wouldn't call a strong glare a minor issue. I know I wouldn't want a strong glare from a neighbouring building impacting my view.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#109 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

The old BMW location on Cook street is being worked on. I assume this is to do with Audi moving into this location.

Also, the used car dealer across from SOFMC on Blanshard now has Porsche signage up. I guess both the Porsche and Audi dealers are moving from the VW lot near Uptown?

#110 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Once Dockside Green fills in, the BMW dealership will have plenty of people nearby who can afford the maintenance on a German car :)

And BMW can run cross promotional activites with some of the neighborhood "businesses" - get your oil changed while you get your oil changed!

#111 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

The auto sales business seems to be on the rebound. I watched a 60 minutes segment recently that showcased the president of Chrysler. They are doing much better than a few years ago.

Look at the Carson's new digs on Douglas. Gorgeous.

#112 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

It's amazing what happens when you design a product that people actually want.

The Japanese and especially the Koreans have made huge improvements. Why would you want a bread and butter Chrysler with blah styling and minimal features when you can have a fully kitted out, comfortable and good looking car for thousands less?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#113 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

hfJEIz7paVk

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#114 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Drove by last night on my way home and it appears that the cars have been moved.

#115 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

I received a "loyalty" card in the mail today that noted that they are now in their new location.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#116 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Yup, vehicles are now on-site in Vic West. Work continues on the property.

Know it all.

#117 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Taken on May 3rd during our recent trip to Victoria.

IMG_0775 by ghoyer59, on Flickr

#118 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

So much for that new-ish fence.

#119 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

I spent a while looking through the thousands of photos of this City and came up with these.

Im a little late to the punch but here ya go

Edited by History Buff, 31 January 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#120 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

Overflow car storage - what could possibly go wrong?   :huh:

26308987006_b4ef750cfc_h.jpg

• sebberry likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users