• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

JSB.org meeting [date/time/location removed by admin, by request]

This will be a great opportunity to catch up with everyone who helped make history. We will discuss what jsb.org has been doing for the past month, what's going on behind the scenes at City Hall, and what may happen next with the Blue Bridge. We'll also discuss the possibilities of broadening our mandate into becoming a municipal voters' league. And we will hand out some prizes!

Please BYOB. The club has a fridge, and we will provide glasses. Also, feel free to bring something to eat for our potluck snack table. (Please email me to let me know what you plan to bring beforehand.)

We look forward to seeing all of you again this coming Wednesday!

With kind regards,
Anne, Ross, Yule, and Mat

#2 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

Interesting! And as much as I enjoy what this group did for the bridge, I really don't know about their politics outside of that single-issue. I'll try to make it down for sure.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#3 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

I don't know.

Mayor Fortin complained that the jsb.org group were really nothing more than a front for the business interests who backed Rob Reid in the previous election.

Need to be careful that you don't prove him right!

#4 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

A voter's league is not automatically a political vehicle at the local level. The Guelph Civic League is not a political party at the local level, but a municipal watch dog group. They have values the believe in and report on how local councilors live up them.

#5 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

I don't know.

Mayor Fortin complained that the jsb.org group were really nothing more than a front for the business interests who backed Rob Reid in the previous election.

Need to be careful that you don't prove him right!

Where did he get a cockamamie idea like that in the first place? Oh yeah...Lynn Hunter. :rolleyes:
Such an insult to all involved and volunteered. :mad:

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

Please be aware that this is a private function and is by invite only. The original post has been amended to remove the date/time/location of the meeting, as requested by the organizers.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

Where did he get a cockamamie idea like that in the first place? Oh yeah...Lynn Hunter. :rolleyes:
Such an insult to all involved and volunteered. :mad:

Organized political groups are an affront to representative democracy, everybody knows that!!! :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users