Drunk driving laws to get tougher...

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Breath-analysis machines used by police forces across B.C. are incapable of differentiating between mouth and blood alcohol

That's not going to cause a public outcry against the machines.

"I had lots of alcohol in my mouth, but I DID NOT swallow it!" - won't get much sympathy.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#42 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

[quote=VicHockeyFan;211799"I had lots of alcohol in my mouth, but I DID NOT swallow it!" - won't get much sympathy.[/quote]

What about " I smoke and because I smoke I regularily use scope which may or may not have and alcohol odour to it.. I have a small bottle of scope with me at all times and in my car"

#43 eseedhouse

eseedhouse
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

What about " I smoke and because I smoke I regularily use scope which may or may not have and alcohol odour to it

Then you are already too stupid to drive safely.

#44 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

^Ever thought of taking a Dale Carnegie course? They come in book form.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#45 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Then you are already too stupid to drive safely.

I dont smoke but scope could cause one to loose their car if teh gestapo claimed it smelled like booze

I was using it as an example.

#46 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

I dont smoke but scope could cause one to loose their car if teh gestapo claimed it smelled like booze

Has anyone actually been convicted or lost their car for mouthwash, or is this just your usual fear mongering?

#47 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

You can call it fear mongering if you like.

But if you would like to step up to the plate to see how big brother reacts to you, tonight, being Friday night there will be IRSU units out.

Are you willing to go through one of those road checks and use some scope seconds before you roll down your window and see if they do not malke you blow?

If its all fear mongering you will not have an issue doing this because you being a very confident and government loving citizen will have no worries what so ever that they will think its alcohol on your breath.

If you are not willing to do this then I suspect that you agree with me tha the result would not be favorable.

:wave::wave::wave:

#48 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

You can call it fear mongering if you like.

But if you would like to step up to the plate to see how big brother reacts to you, tonight, being Friday night there will be IRSU units out.

Are you willing to go through one of those road checks and use some scope seconds before you roll down your window and see if they do not malke you blow?

If its all fear mongering you will not have an issue doing this because you being a very confident and government loving citizen will have no worries what so ever that they will think its alcohol on your breath.

If you are not willing to do this then I suspect that you agree with me tha the result would not be favorable.

:wave::wave::wave:

I would take that challenge. No questions asked.

The biggest problem with your theory is Scope breath smells mouth-washy fresh, while alchol breath smells boozy. Big difference to the po-po who sticks his head in your window.

#49 arfenarf

arfenarf
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

HB, your constant comparison of our current law enforcement apparatus to the Gestapo leaves the accuracy of your handle in some doubt. While there is room for fair discussion of the erosion of civil liberties and imposition of a paranoia-driven security mindset in society today, comparing the average VicPD cop on the beat to someone who was hauling off Jews for confinement, torture, and murder is hyperbolae.

You turn people off serious discussion of the role of law enforcement and legislation in a civil society when you rant thus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

#50 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

HB, your constant comparison of our current law enforcement apparatus to the Gestapo leaves the accuracy of your handle in some doubt. While there is room for fair discussion of the erosion of civil liberties and imposition of a paranoia-driven security mindset in society today, comparing the average VicPD cop on the beat to someone who was hauling off Jews for confinement, torture, and murder is hyperbolae.

First they came for the garglers,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a gargler.

#51 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

I love the comment that was left on the SENSE facebook page:

Armed checkpoints throughout the country demanding breath samples and seizure of personal property without trial?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#52 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I referenced it once not constantly

Our civil liberties are being chewed at little by little. SOME police not just Vicpd take matters far beyond what the laws allow in regard to our rights
The reference to Gestapo is a metaphor . The gov ovèr there had complete control over its citizens
My point is if people accept all of these new rules and laws there comes a point where unless people stand up it could get out of hand

I am thankful for organization such as tax payers federation and civil liberties groups and for the new systems in place for policing the police and making them accountable for their actions when wrongdoing is evident or suspected

#53 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

I would take that challenge. No questions asked.

The biggest problem with your theory is Scope breath smells mouth-washy fresh, while alchol breath smells boozy. Big difference to the po-po who sticks his head in your window.

Hmmm, here's the deal then, lets just all start drinking Scope, good time, good breath, woohooo.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#54 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

#55 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:04 PM

Oops...

MADD chapter president resigns after impaired driving charges

The president of an organization committed to stopping drunk driving has resigned after being charged with impaired driving.

David Griffin, 65, was volunteer president of the East Prince County chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving in Prince Edward Island until his resignation on June 6.

[...]

http://www.theglobea...rticle25848920/

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#56 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

makes so madd i need a scotch on the rocks  :)

#57 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

makes so madd i need a scotch on the rocks  :)

Scotch on the Tinto rocks...

• Nparker and todd like this

#58 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

I thought MADD was run by, you know, "mothers?"

This is a Wizard of Oz moment if there ever was one. So what next, the NRA is run by a Buddhist monk?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users